It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Square UFO witnessed by several in Hagerstown, Maryland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Last week, I received a call from my 17 year-old son stating that he and several of his friends had seen a UFO while driving. He was extremely excitable and I could hear his friends who seemed to be just as overwhelmed. My son is not the overly imaginative kind. Like his father, he leaks cynicism and has not been shy about his skepticism of some experiences I have had throughout my life. So, hearing him describe what they had seen was strange but extremely interesting.

They described the object as square or perhaps rectangular. It was larger than a football field and had four lights of different, changing colors. It was approximately 7 pm and none of the boys, 4 of them, were under the influence of any substance. None had ever witnessed anything abnormal before and they were very taken aback how silent the object was. It hovered over them for a few seconds, then sped away. They described it as essentially disappearing instantly. They all got their phones out but said there was no time and, basically, no way to take a photo once they recognized what they were seeing. They did draw a pic, but it is a square with lights so not a lot of additional details other than it appeared to hover on its side when they first noticed it.

Now, I have had some crazy experiences, many of which I have shared on ATS. But, I have never seen a UFO. I did a little research and, it seems, this type of craft or whatever it is has been seen several times in the area over the last few months. Has anyone ever been privy to such a sighting? I suggested they report what they saw to MUFON or some other group, but they resisted and I don't blame them, since I have had less than favorable experiences with MUFON, myself. I, also, tried finding information about any large military planes that might exist.

The sighting was near Hagerstown, Maryland.

Just an additional note or question, aimed at those who consider themselves "experiences" of whatever....should I be concerned that my son has now seen something out of the ordinary? It is not something I would ever hope for my child. Maybe this is nothing, but there's always that fear. I try to be pragmatic but all the science and information in the world goes out the window the first time that crazy stuff you read about happens to you.

Mao

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
How about one of these - 302 feet long Airlander owned by the USA army

global.fncstatic.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Malraux

I saw something very similar to your description back in 1996 over Eugene Oregon. I went out for an evening run and saw this weird rectanglish object in the sky. I was able to see it mostly because it blocked out the clouds and stars with a matte black color. Couldn't see any definition to it, it almost looked 2 dimensional. It was silently moving in a northerly direction with blinking lights at the corners.

The first thing I thought of was a blimp, but this object was a totally different shape than a blimp. If it was a blimp I would have expected to see the area where the pilot and engines are underneath. It was low enough that I would have expected to hear engine noise, but it was dead silent.

The biggest question I have is if it was a ufo, why would there be flashing lights on it, especially when the rest of the object was cloaked? I checked the papers and the news the following days expecting there to be hundreds of people, if not thousands that saw this object. Nothing, not one report, but I didn't report it either so who knows.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

First off, I'd refer you to www.nuforc.org...
You might find a report similar to the one provided by your son; or you might want to encourage your son to file a report. This site is maintained by Peter Davenport, a frequent guest on C2C.

Some other observations? First, you're going to find that there's little if any credence given to UFO eyewitness accounts anymore and we're living under a news black out on the subject. A UFO the size of the Titanic could land on the White House lawn and the MSM wouldn't mention it. However, as you can see from the website I've sent you, there's hundreds of sightings across the USA every month and what Davenport likes to focus on are the reports that come in, one after another of the same craft being sighted at different locations. Again, the MSM isn't reporting on any of this. In fact, in this climate of obvious government influenced news blackout on this topic, I doubt the Denver Lights phenomenon would have made the news.

Second, you're going to encounter awesome skepticism on ATS on this topic. Its pretty much a dead topic and there will be thread killers will stomp down hard on the topic.

Third, I'd be really cautious if I were you about what you say to your son about this; you might want to quietly encourage him to NOT report this on his Facebook account, but......its probably too late for that. I'd also suggest you might want to tell him to NOT mention this to anyone at his school; he could be targeted and if its a public school, its a government agency and if you can read between the lines......its probably best he not say anything about it in school.

Fourth, don't worry about the lack of pictures. The debunking community has made it such that all videos and photographs are dismissed in short order as CGI or Photoshop.

Good luck and I'm sorry this happened to you and your son.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Was there any lost time?
You'll try calling the local airport and find out if they saw anything strange on radar
edit on 26-1-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
My last ufo sighting had 6 - 7 lights on the rear. The lights were the only visible parts.
Just because they're not from earth doesn't mean they won't have lights.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It's still an intriguing topic,even for the skeptical.You may find that pretty much ALL skeptics started off as believers.I certainly did.

It's not that we want to kill threads,by the way.We just want proof.Scientific and peer-reviewed.

And yes,an alien spacecraft landing on the white house lawn will suffice.If it has aliens in it.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The trouble with sightings Eric is that videos can be faked easily and when you really see something strange you watch in a frozen scared excited state and don't always run for a camera or a phone.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nearly all good sightings have one thing in common, silence!
What I saw wasn't square, but it was absolutely silent.
Even massive objects like that reported at Phoenix are silent, and also do not cause any disruption to the air around them.

How do they achieve silent flight?

should I be concerned that my son has now seen something out of the ordinary?

Interesting question!
If anything did happen to him, he is unlikely to recall the event without some help.
Here's what happened to me.
I'd fallen asleep at the wheel while driving, I was woken by what felt like a massive electric shock. I posted about it on ats wondering if this had happened to anyone else, one of the replies asked me "Had you seen any ufo's that night?"
As soon as I read the question I had a flood of memories of two golden orb shaped objects hovering over the road right where I was woken by the shock!
I had zero recollection until I read that question.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I witnessed one in broad daylight, but it wasn't square.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I would also suggest something along those lines.

Malraux
Ask him to confirm he saw it speed away if you would. When it disappeared, was it seen to move or could it have just turned out the lights? Was it dark enough that this was possible or would they still have been able to see it?

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I saw a UFO when I was 7 years old. I remember it quite vividly. I did not tell anyone as it scared the hell out of me. I have read about abduction cases and I can say I have none of the symptoms described. It has not affected me in any way except for intrigue. Hope this helps in some way.

To this day I have not been able to find a photo or picture that resembles what I saw.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Please accept my apologies Malraux.

I should've addressed you as OP first. Put my comments in the wrong order and realise this probably looks rude.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

They most likely achieve this feat using a Meissner field. By generating it's own magnetic field, it can repulse and counteract the Earth's energy field. Some type of gyroscopic stabilizer could also be used. A torus is also a great help in energy generation.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2016 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: uktorah
My last ufo sighting had 6 - 7 lights on the rear. The lights were the only visible parts.

Well it seems that all aliens in the universe that come here, see in our same
wavelength of optical light.

Now isn't that interesting?

(yes, that's sarcasm)

Kev

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

who says thats all they can see?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Repeat

(Sarcasm)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

originally posted by: uktorah

Well it seems that all aliens in the universe that come here, see in our same
wavelength of optical light.

Now isn't that interesting?

(yes, that's sarcasm)

Kev

Why would that be unusual?

Won't humans eventually go to a planet that is in our same wavelength and optical light?

The Universe is filled with colors...why would a space ship not have colors? How would you know anything about UFO's since an actual UFO has been made public and on display?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Repeat

(Sarcasm)

But now i know how Bedlam feels.

Kev

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Aliens could have been doing some hurry-up reconnaissance before the big blizzard hit your state.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join