It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Square UFO witnessed by several in Hagerstown, Maryland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: uktorah
My last ufo sighting had 6 - 7 lights on the rear. The lights were the only visible parts.
Just because they're not from earth doesn't mean they won't have lights.

Please don't take this as an attack, more of an observation which can apply to a great many of believers who get a bit ahead of themselves in their quest for the truth.

A more sensible/useful way to put your statement would be "Having lights doesn't automatically mean they're from Earth." Now that doesn't mean they can't be from somewhere near Earth, another solar system planet or moon, another star, galaxy, universe, or plane of existence. We simply don't know, given the information.

You can be a believer without making assumptive leaps. The reason there are so many skeptical believers are because they've seen and/or researched enough to know what they know and what they don't. It's the only way to ever make progress. To paraphrase a mediocre, yet intelligent man, it's about the known knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns. There's no such thing as an unknown known (that would be assuming you know something which you don't.)

If you witness a UFO with lights, there's no good reason to assume aliens, and no reason whatsoever to confirm or negate any assumption of its origin, whether earthly or otherwise, based on the presence of lights on the unidentified craft.

What is known is 1) an unfamiliar aerial craft 2) with lights. What is unknown is 1) who or what is the creator/pilot of the craft and 2) where are they from. (And more, of course.)

Speculating is good, but useful only when you know where the line is between known and unknown, so that you can try to cross/push that line. Once you assume an answer, you've stopped any chance of progress.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Malraux

Found this - a sighting of a square/rectangular craft in December. The witness claims lots of people have been seeing "these craft" all summer.

Sighting in Hagerstown, MD 12/29/2015

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Aliens could have been doing some hurry-up reconnaissance before the big blizzard hit your state.

Actually, very interesting comment.

I live approx 30 mins from Hagerstown (Howard Co) and yes the blizzard was historic.

Maybe they even caused, or controlled, the blizzard. Who knows.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

LOL..I cant help but to think the same thing. What I find interesting is that i cant remember another time when they had a forecast that was over a week away from the big day and got it dead right. Also there was some thundersnow over in Harford co....that was new to me first time in my 40 years to experience that. Me and my fiance had seen something really odd about a month ago she seen it longer than i did ,i only had it in sight for maybe 5 sec it was square and i could see two orange reddish lights on the back of it and she swears that the thing looked like it changed shape. It was around 7:00 am at dawn. Well one thing is for sure that there are some weird things flying in the sky

edit on 27-1-2016 by jammer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

O.k., well, from N. Germany and mood atheistic, I understand your comment re: science. I won't go into the joke that "science" has become in the US.

As to the rest of it, maybe I wasn't quite clear. The landing on the white house lawn might suffice if aliens were in it and to actually emerge.......for the "scientific" community. The problem I was trying to point out is that the US mainstream media wouldn't report on the story; no one would ever know that the UFO with Aliens in it landed on the White House lawn.

Maybe its the case that living in N. Germany its hard to imagine the extent to which the "Press" or the Main Stream Media in the US is controlled by the Government. There is no "Freedom of the Press" in the US. We live behind a virtual "Digital" curtain. The media outlets are privately owned, but the content they are allowed to present is screened through Government censors in the form of News Editors who refuse to print or present content that the Government doesn't want presented.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm still thinking airship. There is one which looks a bit like the Jawas land vehicles from the beginning of the first Star Wars film. Its not the first time this has come up and I'm kicking myself for not noting its name. Sorry.

It might be worth getting him to have a quick look at the Hudson/Boomerang thread as a long shot?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I guess it really is hip to be square.

Wow, I should be a successful comedian.

How high up was it?

Like, you said it was a big as four football fields. How big is a football field? A football field in Antarctica might be different to a football field in "America". Personally, I don't really agree with the scientifically acclaimed football field as a unit of measurement.

And sometimes, small things look far away because they're small. Like you could say a kite was the size of ten football fields because it was really far away, rather than it being a humble metre squared floating close by. Altitude is important.

As for worrying about your progeny being traumatised, well you probably shouldn't. Seeing a big floating square is a lot less traumatising than walking into your high school principal's office and seeing him doing some very strange things with women's underwear. For example. This is more like one of those weird stories you tell when you're drunk.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for replying. I've been out of town and this is the first time I've had a chance to sit down and do something for me.

The "football field" size is what he said...he's a football player....so that's something like 100 yards or so. I looked online and saw that others have seen something similar in the area and, with a lot of military presence in and around the area, perhaps it's something like that? Just thought it was interesting and a real UFO, alien or not.

As far as my son being traumatized, it's not from the viewing of the UFO but the chance there might be some underlying experiences. I have been an experiencer since childhood and I continue to be a bit worried about that. I don't want to put it into his mind or sway his feelings, so I have to be very careful when discussing this. There was, apparently, no missing time or anything out of the ordinary other than the viewing.

Again, thanks everyone. I believe that sharing info can make a difference.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
I'm still thinking airship. There is one which looks a bit like the Jawas land vehicles from the beginning of the first Star Wars film. Its not the first time this has come up and I'm kicking myself for not noting its name. Sorry.

It might be worth getting him to have a quick look at the Hudson/Boomerang thread as a long shot?

Gonna do that. Thanks for the info. I'm going to go through this thread carefully and, hopefully, can show him some examples.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Also, the snow was a beep here! I just moved up here from Florida and what an introduction! It is beautiful, though.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Something similar happened today me, at least the memory part, in 1993. I saw an image on television that brought back a maelstrom of memories I had buried. That brought about years of being traumatized.

The silence, I agree, seems to be a major component of sightings. Interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join