It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the difference between OWS, Black Lives Matter, and The wildlife refuge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why aren't these groups workings together?

Occupy Wallstreet-

Protesting corruption between Wall Street and the government, low wages, and generally the state of the economy.

Militia-

Protesting double jepeordy, federal government corruption, and land grabbing.

Black Lives Matter-

Protesting the governments institutionalized racism, local police departments, and generally actions of the government.

So it seems to me like there's a few common denominators here between the groups and it would serve all three of them better to unify under one banner and demand justice and change.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Never mind, I misunderstood the question.

edit on 25-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

We are all sensing the EFFECTS of the problem, but from differing perspectives. Differing existential perspectives. As we individuals become aware of the severity of the worlds problems we feel threatened and immediately seek comrades and those comrades are most easily found among people of our most immediate groupings. These groupings are echo chambers reverberating to the tunes already sung by those who came before us and 'writing them in stone"

And this is ok for those who profit from this division. What they fear is what you call for One. People realizing this and joining together.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It seems to me like we're all fighting the same entity like you say from different perspectives.

People need to stop being so petty and pedantically picking each other apart and see the bigger picture here that it's all coming from the same source.

And thanks for the great reply.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

What's the difference between OWS, Black Lives Matter, and The wildlife refuge

For the most part, the mess.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

It seems to me like we're all fighting the same entity like you say from different perspectives.

People need to stop being so petty and pedantically picking each other apart and see the bigger picture here that it's all coming from the same source.

And thanks for the great reply.

Just because we think we have awoken from slumber does not mean that we have. All to often I fear we have only woken to a slightly lesser state of sonnambulant dreams.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I agree, I believe awakening is a constant process.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I agree, I believe awakening is a constant process.

Yes, constant. This idea that we are awake and others are not only serves the masters. I think we need to learn that helping others to awaken does not mean that they will awaken and agree with us.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I think I know the answer but how to explain it, Occupy Wall Street and Blacklivesmatter can make an easier cross over fit for the most part both are urban and brush shoulders, the Militia folks that would take some doing as they are a rural entity and the problem of land rights use will take some explaining, then there is the mutual suspicion that all else being equal they really don't like each other especially in tactics while the core group of Occupy wallstreet and Blacklivesmatter preferred a no guns approach , they are shadowed by bottle throwing anarchist and disruptors , while the Militia is shadow by groups of sovereign persons movement and groups with a racist bent.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

The oregon guys dont block traffic like d bags

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
OWS and BLM only need some make up and a phone call to ICP and I'll be truly convinced of their actual goals.

I'd say the militia is the most legit of the 3, plus they haven't affected traffic or the subway.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

BLM was built by media implying race drives use of force issues in law enforcement. You have to have a discriminatory perspective to invent the narratives they do.

BLM is the children of the affirmative action crowd...raised to be racist.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkwarrior

BLM was built by media implying race drives use of force issues in law enforcement. You have to have a discriminatory perspective to invent the narratives they do.

BLM is the children of the affirmative action crowd...raised to be racist.

You said this despite whistle blower cops confirming exactly what BLM folks have been complaining about..smh.

Volunteers from Chicago find friends in militia
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Hey an interesting new thread that goes toward this thread's point looks like at least a couple of urbanites are looking for points of common interest.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join