It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have scientists found a CURE for Type 1 diabetes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Here's the gist from the article: Experts transplanted cells into mice that began producing insulin
They also stopped cells being rejected by the body's own immune system
The results mean a cure for Type 1 diabetes could be one step closer
Scientists are now working to replicate results in people with the condition

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The title of the article says "Have scientists found a CURE for Type 1 diabetes?"

Then the first line is "A cure for Type 1 diabetes is a step closer after scientists managed to halt the condition for at least six months thanks to insulin-producing cells."

No. Type 1 diabetes has not been cured.

Yes. Scientists are closer to producing a cure.
edit on 25/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The formula for media has nearly always been "Bold flashy statement" followed by "Backtracks and conditions."

Oh well, diabetes sucks and coming any closer to vanquishing it is dandy.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

I would benefit from a cure if such existed, however, sadly, we are not there yet.

Usual overblown headline with less confident story.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Am I and the OP the only ones who comprehend the purpose of the question mark at the end of the headline sentence ?

The newspaper is not stating that there is a cure, they're asking if the possibility of a cure has been found. Everything is still in the testing stages, hence the reason why they're asking a question and not stating an absolute.

If you're going to attempt pedantics to attack someone/something, then at least make sure you've got it right first.

Did everybody wake up on the wrong side of the bed today or something ?

Thanks for posting this fantastic news, OP.

Many people will be hoping this turns out to be an actual honest-to-gawd cure once they've finished with the trials... I'll be relaying this hopeful news to my neighbour who's had type 1 diabetes most of her life.

Fingers crossed !

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It would be so cool if I could get an implant every 6 month and it releases the insulin in a natural way instead of being short or getting too much with the current 5 shots a day i take.

A few years ago I read for 5k you can go to Russia and get a pig cells implant that last 6 month too, dunno if its true, as i don't have 5k to make a single trip, it remains a poor type 1 urban legend

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Thank You.I was not trying to mislead anyone with that headline.I just took it straight from the daily mail website.In hindsight I should have done a better job at screening the information.I have several friends who are type 1 diabetics and I was excited about seeing this information.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'd be shocked if They ever allowed themselves to lose control of the cash cow that is diabetes. Out of all the bills I pay every month, the insulin bill comes in at #2 just behind the mortgage. I'm sure there are many people in the medicine game who would like to the the number of people with type 1 diabetes double.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
They injected pancreatic islet cells from humans into a mouse? It seems to me if you were going to do something like this you would go mouse to mouse. I suppose they will be injecting mouse pancreatic islet cells into humans. Creating more mice that can type articles in chat rooms.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Mark Walker dentist of Dutton, Ontario uses digital x-ray software at Dutton Dentistry and is an example of one of many dentists who understands just how beneficial digital x-ray technology has been to the dental field as a whole.

new topics

top topics

join