It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop ISIS internet videos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
We have been told many times that U.S.A controls the internet. What I do not understand is this. If we can control the internet, why haven't we simply shutdown the internet in the part of the world where ISIS lives and does its dirty work? It could not be that hard to flip a switch and stop internet traffic over Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan. We can control the access points around the world. It would certainly hinder ISIS ability to recruit and put up their videos.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Because they can´t.
Look at some maps and ask yourself why I mentioned >turkey< and >bandwith< here.

Edit: Because no one seems to get the point:

edit on 25-1-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So you're suggesting we cut off parts of the world from the internet? Sounds a bit fascist to me. ISIS has more ways than just the internet to recruit people to their cause.

How would you feel if say Israel or Saudi Arabia cut the U.S. off from using the internet? Terrible idea.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
We have been told many times that U.S.A controls the internet. What I do not understand is this. If we can control the internet, why haven't we simply shutdown the internet in the part of the world where ISIS lives and does its dirty work? It could not be that hard to flip a switch and stop internet traffic over Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan. We can control the access points around the world. It would certainly hinder ISIS ability to recruit and put up their videos.

It is said that a *picture paints a thousand words*..... and however ugly

and awful the picture is - there would always those who would not believe

that humans could behave in that manner, to be convinced they need

to see the evidence?

Remember the oft used phrase on ATS? ... which I don't seem to have seen

lately

*Pic's or it never happened*

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There is an interesting op piece by Gannett/usa today right now on this topic.

Stopping terrorists and radicals from using youtube.

Hopefully freedom doesn't get deemed radical.
edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63

Donald Trump proposed this a few debates ago and he was called a racist islamophobe for it. Anyone with a sane mind agrees though, I think it's a great idea.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I agree 100% let's stop ISIS videos, by wiping the floor with them so bad, that the thought of ever joining such a group is more terrifying than the urge to kill innocent people for their notions of Allan snack bars,Anything less is a travesty.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I just read your title
Opened your OP .. you wrote exactly the same thing !! Lol

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So you're suggesting we cut off parts of the world from the internet? Sounds a bit fascist to me. ISIS has more ways than just the internet to recruit people to their cause.

How would you feel if say Israel or Saudi Arabia cut the U.S. off from using the internet? Terrible idea.

No, just stopping the flow of traffic they're using to the USA. Are you really against hindering ISIS recruitment from overseas to the U.S.? It's not about killing their internet (which shouldn't be a big deal anyways), it's about shutting down traffic to the USA.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I agree 100% let's stop ISIS videos, by wiping the floor with them so bad, that the thought of ever joining such a group is more terrifying than the urge to kill innocent people for their notions of Allan snack bars,Anything less is a travesty.

Unfortunately the whacko islam apologists will never go for a logical common sense idea. I don't know why those un-American idiots don't move to the Middle Least, where things are so much better than here in America.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What about the civilian population living in those countries. Punish them for where they're stuck living?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

So you'd be ok with a country across the world cutting off your access to the internet because of something you have no part in? It's a terrible idea and any sane person can see how bad of an idea it is. You're suggesting that we punish everyone for the actions of a few.
edit on 1/25/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Besides that, they can´t.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
only way is .. nothing goes in nothing comes out ..

Build a brick wall like the Mongolians
One cockroach will always slip in

Sorry this topic ..

Still who watches the videos ??!!? don't watch you won't see nothing

Sorry I was disrespectful
edit on 25-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Well a war is fought on multiple fronts, the dissident propagandists are needed here by the enemy, and in our society they have a loud voice to excuse,and in their society those who may agree with us will be killed. We must protect our society as they will use our rights and freedoms against us,we must always challenge their ideas equally and in the public eye. If our society was not devided this enemy would be crushed long ago, also we ourselves wouldn't be free. I will take freedom and a divided society, over the alternative.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Unfortunately the whacko islam apologists will never go for a logical common sense idea. I don't know why those un-American idiots don't move to the Middle Least, where things are so much better than here in America.

You actually believe this don't you? You believe that anyone who sympathizes with the average Muslim is somehow an "un-American whacko". The average Muslim is not violent, if that makes me un-American then someone who doesn't like hot dogs is also un-American.

What an ignorant point of view.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

you can only stop the physical from coming in not the ideology so why bother disputing it

You are dealing with a sick mind full stop ... delusional is delusional

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

and this is why

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Because undisputed bad ideas gain ground and following by people with less critical minds also know as window lickers, or useful idiots.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

You know last time we had this argument I was so mad I had to get out of the house
I went shopping.. I have no clue how I got into the shops but then I looked up
Scottish guy by toilet paper was giving recipe to Indian guy who couldn't understand him so he was laughing with a African guy at him and it made a Asian little girl with her little Muslim friend giggle

That moment .......... Felt right ...... Felt like freedom

Now I am watching jersey housewifes and omg wtf is that

Don't get me wrong .. Out of these people you are the only one I would trust to keep me safe if SHTF

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join