It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Neighbors, Do You Have One Too?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
Well, it's a three story building with a lot of apartments. The outer door locks but my mom had it propped open to make carrying groceries easier. The cops kept on my mom about how the door was open. Never mind the fact that he shouldn't have gone in and done it in the first place. She was pissed and almost got arrested because she finally snapped and started yelling.

I have no idea why he was so fixated on Kiss. I've known a few people in the area who told him that Kiss sucks and he tried to attack them. Total nutter.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If you wear any type of fragrance, the deep sniff behavior may be related to that. A lot of men will do that, they just aren't so obvious about it.

This guy sounds like he is mentally ill. However as long as he is not aggressive, I'd just leave him be.

In my neighborhood I'm the odd one. I'm almost completely nocturnal, generally up most of the night with the floodlights turned on in the backyard. Sometimes I walk around talking to myself; other times I talk to the animals, including cats, dogs, deer, skunks, opossums, mice, moles, slugs, and earthworms. Between the animals and myself, we're the only ones who can understand what I'm talking about.

Fortunately I currently live in the neighborhood where I grew up. So most of the people here already know that I have a "unique" personality. However, I believe some of the newer arrivals are either amused, or scared, of me.

-dex

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley
Do you ever get too close to the skunks and get sprayed? That will give you quite a fragrance lol.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here's one... define 'normal' in the 21st century, better yet define sanity.

My neighbors, probably think I'm a lunatic, because I live alone yet loud gunfire, explosions, music and police sirens blast from my living room all night long while I talk, yell, scream and curse with up to 20 different voices in my head... that are all coming from an earphone jack plugged into my PS4.
edit on 23-1-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: DEANORULES24

He's a special kind of guy, the sniff checks gives me the ultimate creeps. He is still listening to Everlasting Love too! Woke up at 830 and it's been on, at least since then.

Yes, he sounds Psycho (movie) crazy to me. Playing codependent love songs over and over, probably the songs that remind him of a lost love. The sniffing of you is for the scent of a perfume I would guess. My biggest worry is, if he became fixated on you for some reason only he could understand.

Des

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

i agree...there's a reason they make .25 cal handguns. Its better to have and not want, than to want and not have. This was reminded to me by someone I know last night here locally. BUt his daughter is alive because of his decisive action, although she will need some hospitalization for damage to her esophagus.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
One???

All of them, how they look at me when i scare away Men in Black from my ground, or when i am wearing my tinfoil hat while i hunt for ghosts or our Heinzelmännchen. Even if i teach them about chemtrails or EMP attacks and MK Ultra, how to defend from our government and the CIA with only a box of matches. On how to defeat Soros and the Bilderbergers with old nokia cellphones wrapped in lettuce.
I mean, it´s all for free, i take no money, i tell it to my neighbours via megaphone on our corner, on monday nights at ghost hour, when everyone of them is at home, so that nobody misses something.

And yet they handle me as i were the lunatic.

They are all more than odd, every single one of them, they scare me to death...

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
My guess is that your friend's daughter was attacked/ choked. Good thing your friend was armed. I hope she'll be fine.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Do you ever get too close to the skunks and get sprayed? That will give you quite a fragrance lol.

We just generally acknowledge one another and go our separate ways.

However, there is an art to interacting with skunks. Move slowly, don't display fear, and don't smell artificial are key components of that strategy.

I've been sitting on the back steps working and had them come up to me as if I'm just another non-threatening critter in the yard.

-dex

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

while i hunt for ghosts or our Heinzelmännchen

The gnome or the beer? I know what you do with the beer, but what would you do with the Heinzelmännchen if you catch him?

-dex

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
We don't really have "odd" neighbors....if anything, we're the weird ones.

My husband and I are more or less housebound, him, moreso due to his crippling social anxiety and how quickly he gets overloaded by the outside world. Agoraphobia and over-stimulation keeps him inside, and most of the neighbors have mentioned they worry he's angry or mad at them because he pulls into himself so often and isn't very social. I assure them he's just an extremely sensitive introvert, but rumors still fly from time to time.

I'm a little bit of an oddball...schizoaffective bipolar. But I'm very friendly and social, just very shy at first and sometimes socially awkward. My biggest "weird trait" is being lost in mental conversations and the days where I'm almost childlike...I'll be so lost in inner thought that I look quite...um..."preoccupied" and my clothes and hair may look a bit wonky on those days...and some of the neighbors misconstrue this as being rude when I don't see them in my peripheral vision or find myself overly charmed and fascinated by a bunch of small flowers on the sidewalk sidelines.

One of the Seniors gives me a bit of a friendly scolding if I don't see him and neglect to engage in daily pleasantries.

But for the most part, we're just a diverse little community of Elderly, Disabled and Families from all walks of life, creeds and it's an honor to be part of such a diverse and beautiful neighborhood. We're always there for each other, and keep and eye out for one another.

Nice to see the area improve after ten years....when we got here there were drugs and violent crime every week or so, but the new dynamic and management is doing a great job of keeping that kind of thing at bay.

So, in short...nine to one I'm the weirdo around these parts.

It's ok though...it's kind of an honor, in a way.

You know....to be the "weird one".

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That's neat. Freak your neighbors out by walking around with a skunk or two on your shoulders. They'll love it, especially if you get up close to say hi.

I knew a guy that had a pet skunk. I don't know if its scent glands were removed or not but it never sprayed. He would walk it on a leash. I laughed at how many people did a double take.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I would rather live in a tent in the woods than to live in a condo or an apartment again.

all my current neighbors seem a little odd but they don`t seem dangerous and they don`t mess with me,so their strangeness doesn`t bother me.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DEANORULES24

If he is stomping around at all hours shouting,that would come under antisocial behavior.
I would stop him in the street and ask him why he shouts etc during the night.
Buy him a pack of tissues and give him them when he sniffs at you.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I've heard of people making pets out of skunks. I believe they do have their scent glands removed though. If I recall correctly, there were some states that made it illegal to alter wild animals like that. I'd never alter an animal like that though. My relationship with the other nocturnal critters is more of an animal-to-animal like behavior, so making them into pets wouldn't exactly work.

Another of their features is their long claws. If you ever see one running over pavement, you can hear their claws dragging against the hard surface.

I can see why people make pets of them though. They are extremely cute and cuddly!

-dex

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I do have one creepy neighbour who looks like a killer or something. I don't really like his son as he used to sniff me like a dog when he'd come in contact with me, which really bothered me and creeped me out. I'd put him in his place but he'd still do it. Thank goodness I don't have to come into contact with him anymore... I hope.
But I think I might be the odd one. I keep to myself & don't like going outside because there are people out there. I have loud fights with the voices in my head or the people on tv, yelling at them. I can't help it. They get me so riled up. I get so angry sometimes. I have a lot of conversations with "myself", though I'm really not talking to myself, I know this, not so sure neighbours do though. I've screamed out a few times with weird things happening to me and a panic attack that made me think I was going to die, I yelled out sorry afterwards and I'm pretty sure I got a "It's okay!" back. But there are aliens in my head and they like to screw with me, anybody would seem a little nutto if they knew the same was happening to them.
I think I have a couple neighbours who don't like me, but that's okay. I think I heard one of them yell out to me one day, "just *ing move!", but since I've been here longer than them they can just get used to it because I'm not going anywhere.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The gnomes, i didn´t even know that there is a beer called Heinzelmännchen(maybe because i don´t drink anymore).
I tried to arrange peas on the stairs to catch one of them, but they learned from older events, as it seems.

Why i want to catch one of them?
Well, when i was young a friend of our family had a little monkey, and i was allowed to play with him, to feed him, all that(the monkey, not the friend of our family...). Since that time i wanted a little monkey for myself. The problem is the authorities when it´s about wild animals.

So i searched for any restrictions because of gnomes, and i couldn´t find any.
So i thought, nice, gnomes , less problems with authorities.
And i would be the star of every TV show, that´s what i ever dreamed of, to be part of the mass stultification.

edit on 24 1 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Hi friend!
The neighbors I am going to describe were certainly "odd" to us when we first met them but, they turned out to be some of the bestest folks I have ever met in my entire life...
We had moved from TN back to Florida and had purchased (with my parents) a home near the Lake/Polk County lines.
Well, little did we know, we had moved into the center of a family community. Everyone around us was kinfolk.
They were, to us, a little backward. I don't think any had finished high school.
They had some "odd" habits like, never wearing shoes, putting cigarettes out on the bottom of their feet, they "ran" dogs for hunting so, they trained often sometimes up into the night in the fields around us. This particular activity bothered me immensely (won't get into the whys here).
They worked in the swamps, barefoot. They used to always carry a pair of shoes with them for, as they put it, if they ever had to go to the hospital to visit someone or if they ever had to go to court!

They drank A LOT! They fought A LOT!

BUT, when we got to know them (after several months) they turned out to be some of the most helpful, nicest, loyal people I had ever met.

Once, our well had gone down and they took turns, with us, hammering the new one. The older "patriarch" of the family had told us where to dig by means of dowsing. If anyone has ever "hand dug" a well, they know what hard work that is.
In the meantime, they had water hoses strung across the driveways to provide us with water...

There was a forest fire one year and we had all been evacuated. We all met at the corner store. I had left behind some important things (to my children) as it happened so fast. The patriarch said to my old man, come on, we'll sneak back and get some stuff. We were like no it's okay...let's not...he says look, if it wasn't safe, I wouldn't go and besides, I know the backs of the swamps. We'll be fine! They went, against my protests, and they were fine. They took the backs of the swamps and were "foolish" heroes...LOL

They also would share their bounty from hunting. Hogs and Deer. They would even cook it and bring it to us!
This woman (I guess the matriarch) could cook alligator like nobody's business, melt in your mouth!
Many years have passed, we're no longer in the same state but, we still communicate and I know if I ever needed somewhere to go, that I would be welcome AND taken care of...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Destinyone

i agree...there's a reason they make .25 cal handguns. Its better to have and not want, than to want and not have. This was reminded to me by someone I know last night here locally. BUt his daughter is alive because of his decisive action, although she will need some hospitalization for damage to her esophagus.

BFFT,

That is exactly why I own a sweet little Raven MP-25, chrome plated and all. Fits perfectly in my small hand. The Mossberg 590 is for bigger situations.

I pray your friend's daughter quickly mends both physically, and mentally from her terrible encounter.

Des

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Please be safe! And alert, at least if you are aware of him he can't take you by surprise.

I'm probably our odd neighbor on our road. People tend to keep to themselves up here. I have a tendency to show up on my neighbors doorsteps with homecanned goodies or garden extras from time to time. Then the rest of the time I'm over here yelling at rambunctious boys. Boys who also maintain a very high decibel level regularly. We would never work in an apartment/condo situation. We are by far the loudest people in the neighborhood and everyone swears they don't hear us. Hahaha, I'm just glad we live in the woods!

There is one creeper who lives around the corner though. He builds speed bumps for traffic going all of 25 miles an hour and slowing for the corner. He stops people's guests while they are driving past his house to harass them. I even caught him in front of my house one day talking to mine and my friend's kids. I had been inside getting ready to leave while the kids played in the driveway waiting. I looked up and there he was. He has some bs excuse about someone driving too fast. He in reality was starting to focus too much on my friend, stopping her on the road regularly. I told her to drive right around him, if he got hit it was his own fault. Luckily she doesn't come around anymore I guess. He also almost backed into my husband in the road one morning, then proceeded to shine a spotlight in his rear view mirror while pulling onto the highway. Then he called the cops, hahaha, that did not work out in his favor, hahaha.

Ok, I guess I'm really not the odd one in the neighborhood, we just all kind of ignore the weirdo around the corner because everyone, I think, has had a run in with him. I swear we tried being friendly to him at first too. That obviously didn't work out very well. It wasn't long before I told him to stay away from our property. Haha, and since I don't hide the fact that I'm armed, he's complied.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join