It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Neighbors, Do You Have One Too?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Destinyone

i agree...there's a reason they make .25 cal handguns. Its better to have and not want, than to want and not have. This was reminded to me by someone I know last night here locally. BUt his daughter is alive because of his decisive action, although she will need some hospitalization for damage to her esophagus.

BFFT,

That is exactly why I own a sweet little Raven MP-25, chrome plated and all. Fits perfectly in my small hand. The Mossberg 590 is for bigger situations.

I pray your friend's daughter quickly mends both physically, and mentally from her terrible encounter.

Des

YES! Personal protection is a must if you could find yourself in a dangerous position. At minimum, even pepper spray or a nice heavy pocket knife could be helpful.

BFFT, so sorry to hear about your friend, I'm glad thing weren't worse.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

He might have lost someone very special to him... and has made some pattern of coping out of it, that is wholly abnormal but comfortable to him.

He's wounded deeply... maybe he turned the love he lost into an imaginary friend like he can still feel her energy her essence and is haunted by it, yearning for her and reminiscing.

When the unseen in someones mind externalizes as such, it isn't going to look by any means a normal pattern of behavior.

He's stuck in a well but he might be happy there, if he isn't harming himself or anyone else... then let him have at it with his ghost wife.

I think it's very kind of you to reach out... and say hey you can move forward and past this, but your reality is not the same as his... who knows perhaps he actually sees someone you can't?

Obsession and tormented at the same time... comes in many forms and in many varied extremes of being. If he made someone his whole life and he lost her how could he continue on except by keeping her alive in some memories they shared, repeat arguments that may have occurred.

In such a manner he also died and is living in a repeating cycle that may one day turn into a residual haunting but he still has form...

I'd suggest whispering to him; hey you died but it's ok you're still here start living again and he may snap out of it or simply snap... but that should wake him up out of his repeating loop of unawareness of being in relation to things going on around him he is unaware of.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

He also stands on the corner with a cardboard sign that says nothing, for hours.

That's an intensely evocative image; almost like a post-modern political statement or Banksy painting.

"Hey sir, what does your sign mean?"

"It's the number of f***s I give about society."

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

testing.... 1, 2, 3...

nevermind , I am new here I tried and fail to post a youtube vid....

so...

edit on 05-15-2017 by GTBighair because: nevermind , I will try again latter...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I lived in a, for lack of a better word, halfway​ home one time. Basically a house where single guys and gals rented rooms in the house. Anyway, there was a guy named Henry. He was an admitted schizophrenic.

The guy was really harmless, friendly even. Anyway, the odd thing about him was some of the things he would say. He'd get a sore or something on his hand or arm and he would swear that it was due to the Coca-Cola plant in town, a former employer of his, sending out agents and injecting animal fetuses into him while he slept. He also claimed that thunder and lightening was caused by secret machines the government had placed into the atmosphere.

He was probably the oddest neighbor I ever had. Of course, I would joke with him about it, and he'd just laugh. He wasn't necessarily an unsettling "weird," but he certainly was an oddball.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

That's what I was thinking. Certain songs, for example, "For the good times" by Ray Price, remind me of my father every time I hear it. It was one of my dad's favorite songs. Who knows, maybe the song the OP's neighbor keeps playing reminds him of his mother, wife, daughter, whatever. You never really know what's going on in someone internally.
edit on 20-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join