It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 62 richest people have as much wealth as half the world

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Don't think we should care that 62 people have same wealth as half the worlds population. Think we should probably care a great deal that half the worlds population only has the wealth of 62 people.

haha, that's awesome.

And especially why that 8 billion minus 62 can't pick their asses up and get off the couch.

lol, I realize that there are many who can't, for different reasons. I'm really talking about those coupla hundred million who just won't. Who are always at the front of the line for their free stuff.
edit on 29-1-2016 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
it seems to me they have done pretty well for themselves....

kind of impressive really!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevierayI'm really talking about those coupla hundred million who just won't. Who are always at the front of the line for their free stuff.

Which, of course, does NOT include YOU!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The fact some people are defending this and celebrating it, suggests to me, that you are done with republican democracy and favour a plutocracy.

The term plutocracy is generally used as a pejorative to describe or warn against an undesirable condition.[3][4] Throughout history, political thinkers such as Winston Churchill, 19th-century French sociologist and historian Alexis de Tocqueville, 19th-century Spanish monarchist Juan Donoso Cortés and today Noam Chomsky have condemned plutocrats for ignoring their social responsibilities, using their power to serve their own purposes and thereby increasing poverty and nurturing class conflict, corrupting societies with greed and hedonism.[5][6]

Just hand over your freedoms, I'm sure people will be ready to take them

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join