It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International sanctions against Iran lifted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Washington Post

VIENNA — Iran reentered the global economy Saturday as years of crippling international sanctions ended in exchange for the verified disabling of much of its nuclear infrastructure.

For Iran, implementation of the landmark deal it finalized with six world powers last summer means immediate access to more than $50 billion in long-frozen assets and freedom to sell its oil and purchase goods in the international marketplace. Tehran has hailed the deal as vindication of its power and influence in the world.

“Today marks the start of a safer world,” said Secretary of State John F. Kerry. “We understand this marker alone will not wipe away all the concerns the world has rightly expressed about Iran’s policies in the region. But we also know there isn’t a challenge in the entire region that wouldn’t become much more complicated, much worse, if Iran had a nuclear weapon.”

So far so good with the dreaded Iranian nuclear deal! They're meeting their end of the deal and so are we. This is so much better than war, don't you agree?
edit on 17-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It is about time!

No amount of propaganda can convince the world of who the boogieman actually is, it is quite simple the alphabet agencies of the west and their "black ops" and their armies of contract killers, all you have to do is turn on the news and see who they are telling you to be afraid of!!
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131amSunday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I don't give Obama much credit about anything because he doesn't deserve much but for this he gets a
. If things continue to progress well with this deal it very well may be his legacy.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: elementalgrove

I don't give Obama much credit about anything because he doesn't deserve much but for this he gets a
. If things continue to progress well with this deal it very well may be his legacy.

I have to agree with you here Swills!

There is a silver lining in all things within this wild world. Observing his approach to the zionists has often left me scratching my head as I try to figure out what the next step is.

We can only hope that this will lead to further steps in the right direction!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

The only sanctions removed were the ones dealing with the nuke issue. There are a myriad of sanctions still in place dealing with other issues (ballistic missiles etc).

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Obviously. This is the beginning of the removal of sanctions. The deal is still in its infancy and we have a long way to go.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Heard about this earlier today, really a good thing.

One less "enemy" in the world, we certainly have enough of that nonsense as it is.

Hopefully this will set a precedent for engaging with other nations with whom we disagree. We don't always need to be dropping bombs on people; make deals and settle things peacefully. What a concept.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This is good news.

How often do you see things actually being resolved like that on the world stage.

Not very often.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

At last! I'd really like to visit Iran some day. Beautiful country.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

VIENNA — Iran reentered the global economy Saturday as years of crippling international sanctions ended in exchange for the verified disabling of much of its nuclear infrastructure.

“Today marks the start of a safer world,” said Secretary of State John F. Kerry. “We understand this marker alone will not wipe away all the concerns the world has rightly expressed about Iran’s policies in the region. But we also know there isn’t a challenge in the entire region that wouldn’t become much more complicated, much worse, if Iran had a nuclear weapon.”

So far so good with the dreaded Iranian nuclear deal! They're meeting their end of the deal and so are we. This is so much better than war, don't you agree?

Dunno what makes people think Iran is a threat to anyone.

There was a infopic on this forum some time ago showing 45 US military bases within a distance that is about the length of Iran, from Iran, yet Iran is supposed to be a threat to who under such circumstances ?

According to Ron Paul the US has something in the order of 300 military bases around the world.

As I recall, the US has invaded something in the order of 30 countries in the last 100 years. In the last 100 years Iran has not invaded any country.

Israel has nuclear weapons.

Most countries have nuclear power stations but Iran is not allowed to have them why?

Why can people not see from these simple statistics and basic facts who is the peaceful country and who is the war monger.
edit on 17-1-2016 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

What makes people think Iran is a threat are politicians and the media so they need to see deals like this come to fruition to help quell their fears.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Well, they are now less of a threat now that they have agreed to temper their nuclear ambitions and move away from constructing the actual or perceived capabilities to manufacture nuclear weapons.

Maybe now they will start to work for wider stability and peace in the Middle East. It would be nice to see Saudi Arabia and Iran dragged around a table to help end the cycle of sectarian and inter-denominational violence between Sunni and Shia.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Why wasn't Robert Levinson part of the prisoner exchange? Did Iran execute him? If they didn't, he should have been part of this deal.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I have only known a few Iranians. Everyone of them preferred to call themselves Persians. I think the Iranian brand is one they did not adopt themselves but like Iraq it was outsiders who gave them this name.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
I have only known a few Iranians. Everyone of them preferred to call themselves Persians. I think the Iranian brand is one they did not adopt themselves but like Iraq it was outsiders who gave them this name.

Just for the record, I think Iran is the country, Persian is the main ethnicity, and Farsi is the language.

Edit: I'm saying I think that's how they view themselves.
edit on 17-1-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

At last! I'd really like to visit Iran some day. Beautiful country.
Please visit this thread :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'd love to host u bro/sis . you can contact me with PM .

and BTW ,a friendly advice ,if someone in Iran invites you to their homes ,to have a tea or to pay for your dinner , you better take it . it may be a little offensive if you don't

originally posted by: machineintelligence

Well brother ,if they preferred that it's maybe because they are from Persian ethnicity . for others like me who are kurds or azeris,.... we prefer Iranian instead . although it doesn't matter so much . no one really cares .

Iran is from the word Aryan , the name of the people who first came to Iranian mainland 7000yrs ago .

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Most of what people think they know about Iran comes from the israeli controlled world media and is slanted in Israel's favour.

Its well time we were able to improve relations with Iran where people from different religions jog along quite nicely thank you and don't actually want to move out of there. Beautiful country and great people who work very hard and Iran is certainly a country where the EU is looking to do considerable business and share their expertise.

I hate to agree with others here on Obama, but Iran is certainly his Swan Song.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Some of the sanctions are removed and it is not just beneficial for Iran, rather USA could not continue this situation and force it's allies to ignore trading with Iran, specially with such a fragile economy of the world.
edit on 17-1-2016 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Azureblue

What makes people think Iran is a threat are politicians and the media so they need to see deals like this come to fruition to help quell their fears.

How sad it that your right.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Azureblue

Well, they are now less of a threat now that they have agreed to temper their nuclear ambitions and move away from constructing the actual or perceived capabilities to manufacture nuclear weapons.

Maybe now they will start to work for wider stability and peace in the Middle East. It would be nice to see Saudi Arabia and Iran dragged around a table to help end the cycle of sectarian and inter-denominational violence between Sunni and Shia.

Again, we are left to think that Israel has no role in any of this.

Why has the issue of Israel having nuclear weapons never been a cause of insecurity for Iran ?????????

How come we have never read or heard this in the media?

Is there some suggestion that its possible for Iran, without nuclear weapons, and surrounded by 45 US milit-tree bases, poses a threat to Israel, but Israel with nuclear weapons, and 45 friendly milit-tree bases nearby, does not poses not threat to Iran.

Its these kinds of facts that indicate evidence that the media is very very biased in Israels favour while at the same its very very hostile to Iran.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join