It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump crowd estimated at 2,000, plus protests in Burlington Vermont -- contrary to Trumps report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Trump crowd estimated at 2,000, plus protests according to Burlington Vermont's chief of police.

Link to article

Yet another example on top of a growing list of Donald Trump practicing as a pathological liar.

Donald Trump says the crowd for his speech Thursday night in Burlington was 25,000. Untrue, according to the city police chief.

We could only get a small fraction of this 25k crowd in. The movement to Make America Great Again is unbelievable! pic.twitter.com/NHPdGm57YJ— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2016

“After repeated attempts to get clarity on how they were managing the situation I supported police taking charge and putting information out directly,” Weinberger said. Weinberger also took the Trump campaign to task for turning people away at the door of the Flynn Theater if they were not Trump supporters, after exponentially overbooking the event, distributing more than 20,000 tickets for a venue that seats 1,400.

“Seeing Mr. Trump himself apparently tweeting that they’re going to take care of their own tonight, that doesn’t sound like the words of a president to me,” Weinberger said. “If he were elected president I’d hope he would understand that he’s got a responsibility to all Americans, whether they agree with him or not.”

The campaign attempted to engineer the crowd to be as pro-Trump as possible. Staff asked people at the door whether they supported Trump, and if they said no or were undecided, they were not allowed to watch the billionaire New York businessman's talk.

edit on 9-1-2016 by Gumerk because: clarification

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
He was counting in the internet clicks.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't know about this story...it seems kind of weak but it could be true to a certain degree.

I am pretty sure the marketers for this campaign were told to distribute let's say 25,000 tickets through canvassing and direct ticket contact with locals...and once all these tickets were distributed the assumption would be 25k would attend.

The statistical probability of getting that many people to attend is really low...and so Trump spoke in terms of how many tickets were handed out as opposed to the actual statistical turn out to the event.

Even protesters are included in the actual turn out...whether or not they were held outside is not distortion of information as they are people who did turn out for the event regardless.

That said, I am pretty sure Trump wanted to sound that he has much support him...and even though he exaggerated the turn out, it wasn't like he was lying about anything major. Is this going to dent his chances for gaining further support? Who knows. But let's be clear and let there be no mistake, election day will determine that!

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Maybe he should try counting with numbers?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

So he can lie as long as it as not anything major?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
A politician being a liar? What a surprise. What is your Aspie Quotient?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Trump does have a solid base of LIVs. Is it enough to get him elected provided he gets the nomination....Not even close.

Bernie even polled better than Trump here on ats and ats leans so right that it's about to fall over.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
He has a responsibility to allow people who are just there to stir up # into a venue he booked? It's a rally not a debate. If he was kicking people out of a Town hall like Hillarys scripted # there'd be a point to this. If he doesn't turn these people away at the door there's a thread tomorrow when they disrupt, get kicked out and talk to Don Lemon.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
watching from the oustide in he seems to have a few followers to me and with obama changing gun laws and him saying he,ll change them back if hes elected then i,m going to say he has a chance,you ask me obama has grew a pair and americans should accept what hes trying to do.

hes not trying to ban guns,hes saying their should be stricter checks and if your a decent citezen then the new checks shouldn,t affect you in the slightest,someone want to enlighten me to why everyones against any nutter having access to a gun?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I demand to see his math grades from Wharton!

This is the rally I was listening to where I heard Trump say to security as they hauled away a Bernie supporter heckler

“Keep his coat! Confiscate his coat! You know it’s about 10 degrees below zero outside.”

So much for the 4th and 8th Amendments when he's POTUS. Authoritarian followers sure like their sociopath authoritarian leaders.

Well, maybe Ted Cruz should spank The Donald for lying.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

This one?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

As proven already, Trump doesn't rely on facts and people just eat up his BS. It's all quite sad.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gumerk
a reply to: desert

This one?

Lol, beat me to it... but this one's got Hey Jude on it...WTF! and more, and more, grab the popcorn.

edit on 9-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

That's the one! Jesus, that made me sick when I heard him say that. It really reminded me of straight out of Nazi Germany, said and done against any person who either was hated or who resisted. My Dad spent a Winter in a frozen foxhole in Germany in WW2, almost dying of dysentery, fighting against Nazism, and now Americans want to elect Trump as their leader to the highest office?? This guy with his own variations of easy "solutions" to "problems"?

Like Mr. Welch said to Joseph McCarthy, who was hunting for Un-Americans all over America...
"Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?"

Trump....no sense of math, as well as no sense of decency or shame.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Yet another example on top of a growing list of Donald Trump practicing as a pathological liar.

One more reason why he makes the list of politicians...they all lie but at least this one does so without the PC junk.

As proven already, Trump doesn't rely on facts and people just eat up his BS. It's all quite sad.

Provide the name of one politician whom has ever spoken the truth. There are none
edit on 1/9/2016 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

There's a difference between "PC junk" and "not being an asshole."

Hopefully you have made the distinction. Trump is the latter. An asshole.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

There's a difference between "PC junk" and "not being an asshole."
Hopefully you have made the distinction. Trump is the latter. An asshole.
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Asshole with a capital "A".

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Oh I don't like the man. But he is playing a role which is very popular at the moment. And he is doing a masterful job of it to which is where I give him credit. He has played the other politicians, the press, and to large extent the public and good lord on a world scale. I can't recall any other politician having a vote in a foreign country to be banned...that is publicity you just cannot buy. He is doing it on purpose and it is working, his own ego will bring him down because he will take it too far if there is not someone strong enough in his circle to make him dial it back...its PT Barnum all over again with a whole new side show.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
What's funnier is how Samuel Jackson recently said he once golfed with trump and then trump says on twitter that he doesn't know Sam and never golfed with him. And in trump fashion he went on to say Samuels movies aren't that good and that he does too many commercials lol, it's like trumps popularity and admiration by fans is fueled by being a dick and saying insane things.

top topics

join