It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fascinated with north korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

No doubt. The North Korean government relies heavily on propaganda to keep people loyal to the regime. The reason I like the books is that the books come across as more informant, researched, and really captures North Korea. Just hopefully the author doesn't fall for any propaganda.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It's crazy to think that all it takes is a generation or two of conditioning for people to believe that their view of reality is the correct and non-distorted one. I don't think I worded that properly, but, hopefully you can pick up what I mean.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Yeah, the leadership of North Korea is corrupt and inhumane, fair enough. But is it really fair to blame the whole entire North Korean population for the BS of the Elite leadership?

Watching that doco "vice guide to travel- North Korea" which was posted on this thread almost puts a tear in my eye... That women playing pool and ping pong with that american reporter, or all those people who put on that magnificent show on at the end... How's it fair to condemn all those poor beautiful individuals just because they were born in a sh$tty country?

There's probably over 20 million people in north Korea who are genuinely just good people... So whats with all the blind hate for this country?!?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I think it's more a blind hate for the Kim regime, not the country itself. It's hard to fault a populace when they are indoctrinated into a belief.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I have an odd fascination with NK too, it's simply an interesting country.
If you wanna see something really cool, check out some of the photography collections of NK on flickr.com. Some photographers have thousands of pictures.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Isn't there speakers installed in every single home played constant propaganda and "Our Dear Leader Kim" and the Great Satan America"?

This is all they hear over and over....we need to someday get over there and free the oppressed. Won't happen though...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Isn't there speakers installed in every single home played constant propaganda and "Our Dear Leader Kim" and the Great Satan America"?

This is all they hear over and over....we need to someday get over there and free the oppressed. Won't happen though...

i dont know. i am reading a book called the girl with seven names. she defected to south korea. she talked about the day they got a tv. there is only 1 channel and it is run by the state. its all the dear leader. visiting schools. visiting factories. # like that
so maybe not speakers but that.

that book also said that the state issues every house portraits of the dear leaders. they must be hung side by side on the same wall and must be higher than anything else on the wall. every month inspectors come in to inspect the photos. no dust or dirt or fingerprints are allowed to be on them.

i just read a part where she was talking about a guy that rolled a cigarette but wasnt paying attention that the paper had one of the kims face on the opposite side. he got put in the gulag for that.

if youre into the korea thing you should read that book i mentioned. it is very good

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Thanks TST...maybe I will..aren't you glad you and me aren't there!?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yeah, the leadership of North Korea is corrupt and inhumane, fair enough. But is it really fair to blame the whole entire North Korean population for the BS of the Elite leadership?

Likewise, is it really fair to attribute comments to me that I didn't make?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join