It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump supporters rip up sign held by peaceful protesters at rally

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: eisegesis

originally posted by: eisegesis

a reply to: eisegesis

He already did that.
Donald Trump: Ban all Muslim travel to U.S.

I thought the proposed action was deemed constitutional? A little extreme, but the President reserves the right if they believe National Security is being compromised. Why is it unconstitutional?

truthinmedia.com...

Ok there is a difference there. It is saying that Trump has the authority to do this. Which he would. Presidents have in the past instituted bans on peoples. The difference here is that banning all Muslims is a violation of the first amendment as well. So while he would have the authority to do this, it is still a highly unconstitutional action. All it would take is a challenge in the courts to overturn that policy.

Sorry, I meant to address this earlier. Work and all...

The constitution only applies to those living in and returning to the US that already call it home (returning citizens). Therefore, it would remain constitutional and does not conflict with the First Amendment. Unless I'm mistaken, his proposal only effects non-citizens trying to enter the US.

You are mistaken. It applies to ALL Muslims reentering the country. But even then, this country was founded on the principle of freedom of religion. If you find it necessary to try to legally argue that JUST because people aren't citizens, they aren't entitled to this freedom then you are walking down a VERY slippery slope. Though I'm pretty damn sure its just flat out unconstitutional anyways.

His campaign initially indicated the ban would include Muslim-Americans traveling overseas. But Trump said Tuesday there would be exceptions.

“If a person is a Muslim, goes overseas and comes back, they can come back,” Trump said. “They’re a citizen. That’s different.“

Link

Now I sound like I'm defending the guy, thanks! At the very least, his mouth moves faster than his brain does. His position on the term "all" may have changed after taking well deserved criticism. Regardless, Trump stated that citizens are exempt.

edit on 8-1-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Ok. That was new to me so I'll give you that. However I stand by remarks of unconstitutionality. I don't buy into that farce that rights only apply to citizens. The country was founded on the principle of freedom of religion. Hell the pilgrims CAME here for that very reason. I refuse to accept that the right to freedom of religion doesn't apply to non-citizens. It is truly an unamerican thing to say.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: theySeeme

You are, because they'd be decrying that persons "freedom of speech" and "right to peaceful process", and there would be calls to have Clinton arrested for allowing constitutional violations at her rally's and meetings - someone would equate it to Benghazi, and then they'd start talking about email security as well before descending into the usual, mind-numbing tirade about liberals and democrats that is designed to obfuscate actual politics.

Exactly!

And those lunatics have no idea that the Benghazi reportr was released in full detail and honesty, and several individuals and news outlets (majority who do not support the President or Clinton in any way) apologized for the serious false allegations.

Most people who mention Benghazi when they mention Hilary don't even have a clue what really happened at Benghazi, all they know are "Fire, Cartoon, Stevens" and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I wonder if the existing residents of Turtle Island would've attempted to prevent "all" settlers from entering the country if they had known the consequences of allowing them to "settle" freely. In my opinion, the current deconstruction of American values (whatever they are), and the ever increasing PC crowd getting catered to has been indirectly tied to the influx of foreigners. Should we close the border? Maybe, but only for a short time and under extreme circumstances. The right should be reserved.

edit on 8-1-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

So being hated over crap that we had nothing to do with is totally ok because we're white, this is just revenge and justice for others who were considered inferior generations ago that also have nothing to do with the faux oppression in today's society. Attitudes like that aren't helping race relations in America. It just makes it worse. Are you ok with that?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

No offense or anything, I really don't care what your attitude towards the boarder is. I stand by my statement that Trump's plan is unconstitutional to the highest degree and is completely unamerican. You want to talk about deteriorating American values, well making exceptions for freedom of religion doesn't get any more textbook of a case of deteriorating American values.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

So being hated over crap that we had nothing to do with is totally ok because we're white, this is just revenge and justice for others who were considered inferior generations ago that also have nothing to do with the faux oppression in today's society. Attitudes like that aren't helping race relations in America. It just makes it worse. Are you ok with that?

It's funny watching you say that considering the rampant intolerance towards Muslims from conservative (I'm guessing mostly white) posters.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Yeah I call that rich privilege. It's not exclusive to the white race only. Remember Jonathan Butler? He's the whiner from the U of Missouri that went on the hunger strike until he got what he wanted. Claimed it was due to racism and white privilege. He comes from a family of millionaires.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme
Could anyone imagine if a Hilary supporter ripped up a trump sign? Topic would have 600 stars. Am I right?

Hillary hand picks and pays her crowd. She won't have to worry about any of that.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: theySeeme

You are, because they'd be decrying that persons "freedom of speech" and "right to peaceful process", and there would be calls to have Clinton arrested for allowing constitutional violations at her rally's and meetings - someone would equate it to Benghazi, and then they'd start talking about email security as well before descending into the usual, mind-numbing tirade about liberals and democrats that is designed to obfuscate actual politics.

That was a rather dramatic take. I disagree with you.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

It's funny watching you say that considering the rampant intolerance towards Muslims from conservative (I'm guessing mostly white) posters.

What does any of that have to do with the fake white privilege seminars being held to make people hate the white race?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Um... What? That came out of left field. I think I'm going to step out of this conversation, I can see this one is heading towards a headache. Sometimes I feel like I have to be a mind reader to talk logically with you.

PS: Way to deflect the obvious hyperbole I pointed out about your words.

edit on 8-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

They thought Trump was going to roll over live Bernie and simply let them on stage. That is not a protest. That is a disruption of a planned event and is illegal.
The 'activist' said..

“It was just a sea of white faces,” he told ThinkProgress. “A lady kicked me in the stomach. A man kicked me in the chest. They called me n*****, monkey, and they shouted ‘all lives matter’ while they were kicking and punching me. So for all the people who are still confused at this point, they proved what ‘all lives matter’ meant. It means, ‘Shut up, n*****.'”

What I see, is he was on the ground and came up swinging. I did not hear ONE racial slur in that video. Not one. Could it have been handled better by the Security provided by the venue, maybe, but to say this is a racial attack by Donald Trump is pandering to the BLM movement.

Even local police know who he is. Looks like he also gets around according to the below....

Setting aside the implication that a Trump rally is a ‘white space’ analogous to a black church, Southall has not confined his demonstrations to political rallies. The former police academy student and Cub Scout master was arrested last year during a Black Lives Matter demonstration in a local Walmart. He was tasered and arrested this summer while protesting the death of 18-year-old Kindra Chapman in police custody in the Birmingham suburb of Homewood. A Black Panther movement admirer and firm believer in armed self-defense, Southall has also been arrested for openly carrying guns he legally owns.

Here is another nice picture of the peaceful protester...

And you are all comparing him to a 115 pound sorority girl?

I can guarantee if I went to a NBPP or BLM protest I would be called 'crack' within 15 minutes. If you do not believe that, you are fooling yourself. This is not about equality, which Dr King worked so hard towards but simply racism against anyone not Black.
edit on 01am31amf0000002016-01-08T09:50:44-06:000944 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 01am31amf0000002016-01-08T09:54:25-06:000925 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Not sure why you keep bringing up your race in every single topic LSU0408, or why a google search for your username reveals racist content on other websites, all I know is you need to be removed.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

You seem to be slightly obsessed with "white race" issues.

I suggest you broaden your horizons a little?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Would you vote for a person who raped his wife?.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Hillary raped Bill? I mean I know she did at least once...they have Chelsea

edit on 01pm31pmf0000002016-01-08T17:14:06-06:000506 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: nwtrucker

Would you vote for a person who raped his wife?.

LMAO

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join