It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain could be hit by 30ft wave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
www.climateark.org...

all i can say is wow
i live on the coast too fellow atsers happy for your replies

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Then again, an asteroid could hit the earth and kill us all. Look at the time frame..lol..between now and 10,000 years? Come on, I'm sure there are more urgent and likely scenarios to worry about.

This wouldn't even be news worthy if it hadn't been for recent events in asia.

Lukefj

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
Come on, I'm sure there are more urgent and likely scenarios to worry about.

This wouldn't even be news worthy if it hadn't been for recent events in asia.

Lukefj

well if this could happen on your doorstep in canada with respect you would more than likely be posting it

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Yes, even now George Bush is personally planting clandestine thermonuclear weapons at key sites on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean, the English Channel, the North Sea and the Irish Sea with the express purpose of causing tsunamis to inundate all of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It could happen on Eastern or Western Canada or any other Coastal region in the world. That is expressly why it isn't news worthy.

Lukefj

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Wasn't it supposed that the rock on the Canary islands was supposed to crumble off in little chunks anyway?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I posted something on this a few days ago, many other geologists think that this prediction is wrong and it will crumble of in little pieces not one large piece, see below thread for full story, it will explain all. It would appear that the chief govement scientist doesn't know his facts very well!!

Other ATS thread on this subject:

The US will not be hit by a Tsunmai from the canarys

Original Press Release

[edit on 7-1-2005 by Rock Hunter]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I recall watching a documentary about the Tower Bridge in London specifically made and designed to stop a massive rush of water from the Thames which would destroy much of London as in the past. The fear is real.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Dixon: Your talking about the thames Tidal barrier. If Britain is hit by a strong storm and a seasonal high tide at the same time, then this can result in a storm surge up the thames. The reason for this is that the English channel is a very small outlet for the north sea, and if the wind is blowing from the north to the south then the water cannot "escape" quickly enough through the channel, so it effectivly "overflows" up the thames. The tidal barrier was built to prevent this

[edit on 7-1-2005 by Rock Hunter]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Rock Hunter, Thanks mate. Memory is not what it used to be. Information overload of late.

E_T

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
Then again, an asteroid could hit the earth and kill us all. Look at the time frame..lol..between now and 10,000 years? Come on, I'm sure there are more urgent and likely scenarios to worry about...
Well...
If there won't be some upheaval current coasts will be under lot of water by then... because melting of continental glaciers (+ heat expansion) will rise sealevel damn much!
Remember that at the time of last ice age sealevel was something like 100 meters under current level because there was so much more water binded in continental glaciers.

new topics

top topics

join