It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - Obama to use Executive actions, bypassing Congress, to force gun control measures.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

How gov't works is fun.

Only if you have a notion about how it works.
edit on 1/4/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: SPECULUM
If what is passed? This is not a bill.
Don't play Stupid..You know whats coming...And its Coming

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
phage go post in my ufos in syria topic and make it interesting with your thoughts opinion

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Six663Third
No

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
That all sounds good to me. I don't think it's actually going to be all that effective, but I sure hope it is.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
In Australia after port Arthur
Just about everyone burried their favorite
Guns in plastic tubes
And handed in non working guns

The same will happen in the US
Back then I had a license but no gun

After port Arthur I lost my license
Automatically

I never applied for it again because
It was now only for the rich
Who could afford it
Or criminals

Don't disarm

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: piney
In Australia after port Arthur
Just about everyone burried their favorite
Guns in plastic tubes
And handed in non working guns

The same will happen in the US
Back then I had a license but no gun

After port Arthur I lost my license
Automatically

I never applied for it again because
It was now only for the rich
Who could afford it
Or criminals

Don't disarm

Only the retards will disarm
And they should

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Whew, it's a good thing I don't go to the doctors ever. Wouldn't want them to deem me crazy.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Damn Obummer can't tell me what to do!

I can already hear black helicopters hovering above my house 😂

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

They already know everything there is to know about you...

In any case after a gun is maufatured it has to go through an FFL, right? At least ONE FFL initially, possibly more...right?

The next biggest source of illegal gun transactions where criminals get guns are sales made by legally licensed but corrupt at-home and commercial gun dealers. Several recent reports back up Wachtel's own studies about this, and make the case that illegal activity by those licensed to sell guns, known as Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs), is a huge source of crime guns and greatly surpasses the sale of guns stolen from John Q. Citizen. Like bank robbers, who are interested in banks, gun traffickers are interested in FFLs because that's where the guns are. This is why FFLs are a large source of illegal guns for traffickers, who ultimately wind up selling the guns on the street.

PBS.org

So...why NOT crack down at the source of where the guns initially go from being legal to illegal black market weapons? Can anyone find fault with that idea?

The number 1 way guns end up in criminal hands is strawman purchases:

Wachtel says one of the most common ways criminals get guns is through straw purchase sales. A straw purchase occurs when someone who may not legally acquire a firearm, or who wants to do so anonymously, has a companion buy it on their behalf. According to a 1994 ATF study on "Sources of Crime Guns in Southern California," many straw purchases are conducted in an openly "suggestive" manner where two people walk into a gun store, one selects a firearm, and then the other uses identification for the purchase and pays for the gun.

So maybe we ought to fix that loophole too?
edit on 4-1-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

This will work perfectly.

Controlled failures and controlled solutions always do.

The final solution will be the bigger problem.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I kinda like that way Virginia handled the increasing murder rate a few years ago in partnership with the Federal Gov't

This partnership with the Fed and State did as was intended, lower violent crime with firearms. The wiki mentions RIchmond, I was in Norfolk at the time and the results were on par...

It wasn't a good time in the state's history.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

The problem with that is you have to catch them...and usually that means they've already comitted a crime...?

Sure, the cops might get lucky and nab someone under that during a routine traffic stop...but it's unlikely.

I see it dropped violent crime rates, but...

We argue that the reduction in Richmond’s gun homicide rates surrounding the implementation of Project Exile was not unusual and that almost all of the observed decrease probably would have occurred even in the absence of the pro- gram. This conclusion is based on a very strong empirical regularity observed in city-level homicide rates: cities with the largest increases in homicide rates during the 1980s and early 1990s also experienced the largest decreases during the late 1990s.

uchicago.edu

Seems like a step in the right direction, but kind of a half-hearted attempt considering you have to stop or arrest a person to know if they're a felon or otherwise in possession of an illegal weapon.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I am not sure what the exact rules are when it comes to gun ownership and the mentally ill.

I agree that would be one of the things that could have the best effect when it comes to crazy shooters, but it is also one of the things that people worry about being abused.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I guess you also need LEO's within the state who want to catch those kind of criminals?

It was bad and getting NYC like at the time, most revolving around the Jamaican drug gangs IIRC...

Don't get me wrong, Virginia still has it's issues with gun violence, but nowhere near the level and trajectory that was happening at the time. It was a very bad scene..

The one mass killing at VT, and the recent reporter who lost his mind would tend to lean towards the mental health aspect of what is proposed, and like I said I think that that aspect needs more than just the FEDS looking to eliminate them from being able to purchase a firearm, shouldn't they do more to help them get better?

Granted, I always see bad intentions when the FED is looking to limit MORE of my law abiding FREEDOM...

Those are my permanently stained Rose colored glasses

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I can see people ending up on a no gun list with out due process, the same way some citizens are on the no fly list.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
cdn.preterhuman.net...

looks like they are trying to force the NWO in according to this document.

didn't Obama get caught supplying guns to the Mexicans in operation fast and furious and the American people did not impeach him. you americans are so weak you have a criminal in office and you don't stand together to remove him

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jinni73
Tell us, where do you live?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I'm sure that'll work just as well as the no fly list does. God help your children if they ever got on one of them lists because they'll never get off, ever.

No flyin', no guns, goodbye America.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: piney

Don't be so dramatic dude! Anyone can get a gun license in Australia, as long as they haven't been charged for a crime in the last 5 years.

Just so long as your prepared to put a little effort into it... being rich has nothing to do with it.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join