It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - Obama to use Executive actions, bypassing Congress, to force gun control measures.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I can see people ending up on a no gun list with out due process, the same way some citizens are on the no fly list.

You know that being declared legally incompetent goes far beyond not being able to buy a gun, right? Do you think that people are going to be declared legally incompetent just so they can't buy a gun?

Do you think that if someone tries to buy a gun they will automatically be declared incompetent, just like that?
edit on 1/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Nickn3
I can see people ending up on a no gun list with out due process, the same way some citizens are on the no fly list.

You know that being declared legally incompetent goes far beyond not being able to buy a gun, right? Do you think that people are going to be declared legally incompetent just so they can't buy a gun?

Do you think that if someone tries to buy a gun they will automatically be declared incompetent, just like that?

Only if they have a Weird deformed Eye, Speech impediment, or a Club Foot

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Fact of the matter is that Obama is coming for your precious guns, and next year Hillary is going to take them away!

edit on 5-1-2016 by Iamnotadoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Only if they have a Weird deformed Eye, Speech impediment, or a Club Foot

None of which would indicate mental incompetency by any legal authority.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

a reply to: jinni73
Tell us, where do you live?

Australia which was invaded by America on the 11-11-1975 and if you want to get away from the fact that Obama should be impeached then you are welcome to try and throw people off. do you not have anything to say about Obama and fast and furious?
Oh and I had to leave Britain as I stood up against the ruling classes there as well and what for, for defending America by stopping the Memphis quake, remember me telling people about the earthquakes being done? so yes I can comment as I have probably done more for your country than most americans combined.

the problem with intellectuals is that they believe what they are told and are unable to deal with the truth even if it means going away from what others think of them,

and America going all around the world with its terrorism affects all of us just have a look at Syria 4 years of bombing innocent people under the ruse of trying to get assad out
you need to get control of your insane country by standing together not trying to sneak in cheap shots and deflecting away from the truth.
edit on 5-1-2016 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Ah. Ok.
Your leaders are flawless then. I understand your point of view now.

you americans are so weak you have a criminal in office and you don't stand together to remove him

How would you recommend we do that?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

how much can 1 person do especially as the security services here have told me they will throw me out if I talk about the Australian government as well as making my position pretty untenable in the UK after giving the information that sparked anonymouses operation deatheaters.

be nice for some others to stand up and be counted hey phage although I have thought about exposing some of the things the aussie government are up to although after deatheaters got taken down the wrong track what's the point most of the humans on this planet deserve to be wiped out as they are so gutless

I love it when people have a go at me and avoid the facts

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

most of the humans on this planet deserve to be wiped out as they are so gutless

What a nice thought.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Ah. Ok.
Your leaders are flawless then. I understand your point of view now.

you americans are so weak you have a criminal in office and you don't stand together to remove him

How would you recommend we do that?

withdraw your tax, set up neighbourhood communities which take care of all the day to day duties and introduce Keshe's release of tesla's free energy device and start growing your own food a 4x4 square plot run on hydroponics can support a family of four

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
OK.
I'll get right on that. Where can I get one of those devices?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I would like to know too. I would also like a guide to setting up this 4x4 plot. It's just me and the dog, could I get away with a 2x2?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If he doesn't do it, i'm sure someone else in the 'future' will try. The Antichrist perhaps?
Oh wait...

Well if anyone in power expects the People who hired them 'the People of USA to be clear, to run the country,then one can only assume they'd lead by example and take the first step by complying to their own incentives, that would be fair correct? That's why they're called Leaders, they're supposed to Lead by Example. Like that's ever gonna happen.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Is anything as paranoid as a gun loving american?.
He is closing loopholes and making sure the mentally ill can't get a gun.
99% of you can still get a gun.
Or just keep being afraid and keep watching fox.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yeah, but it's too bad the Mentally Ill running the Country won't be included in their evil plan to neuter the People who hired them in the first place.

edit on 1/5/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It is a blatant violation of patients right to privacy and Doctor/lpatient confidentiality.

It will only serve to discourage people from seeking mental health, particularly the ones who need treatment most. They will rightly fear being stigmatized and discriminated against by being put on a fascist government list without due process that is required under current gun ownership law as outlined in the Brady Bill.

It will create more violence from untreated citizens with severe mental illness.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
It is a blatant violation of patients right to privacy and Doctor/lpatient confidentiality.

No. Not really.

The rule specifically prohibits the disclosure of diagnostic or clinical information, from medical records or other sources, and any mental health information beyond the indication that the individual is subject to the Federal mental health prohibitor.

s3.amazonaws.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

a reply to: muse7

They are not laws. The President cannot create laws. These are executive actions.
www.npr.org...

Actions...that circumvent current law.

Nobody here is being fooled by your silly semantics except for the willfully ignorant.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

blueprint.keshefoundation.org...

and the reduction in population comment if people want to allow child abusers to carry on running the companies and making laws in America and Britain as well as most other countries and its put onto the front page of the newspaper at least in britain and it has also been talked about in Australia not sure how corrupt the American media are at protecting the paedophiles in your government and churches
then we are living in a world that has become moralless, as well as the mass bombing of other countries and execution of innocent civilians ever heard a story about Sodom and Gomorrah

people who do not stand up against this filth may as well be doing it.

anyway best not to derail the thread still not talking about fast and furious www.newsmax.com...

and what drug cartel do the DEA run or is it the CIA

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Actions...that circumvent current law.

No.

Executive actions are any informal proposals or moves by the president. The term executive action itself is vague and can be used to describe almost anything the president calls on Congress or his administration to do.

But most executive actions carry no legal weight. Those that do actually set policy can be invalidated by the courts or undone by legislation passed by Congress.

uspolitics.about.com...

What the President is doing is trying to get Congress to do something. Anything. But being an election year, they won't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join