It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's How Many People Fatally Overdosed On Marijuana Last Year

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Only the truly gullible still believe that marijuana is illegal because it is dangerous.

It may not in itself be dangerous but it is known to be a gateway drug , it leads the user on to other more dangerous drugs like Chocolate ,Cakes and pretty much anything that contains sugar.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: dawnstar

Drug tests should be illegal and classified as an invasion of privacy anyways. I can understand something like a cotton swab test since that measures recent drug usage (and an employer should have reasonable expectation that an employee not be high while at work), but urine tests and hair follicle tests detect drug usage too far into the past and what I do at my home isn't my work's business.

You can't be serious. Having a job requires some responsibility, meaning if you can't be high or drunk at work, you can't do it at home either unless you don't care risking your job. Are drugs that important to you that you can't do without in order to keep a job? Or so you feel that way.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I don't smoke Weed but I know it's not dangerous to your health. I've never heard of a Weed overdose. Alcohol piosoning? Check.

The biggest problem I see with weed is exactly what everyone is writing in their posts. "it's safe", "never an overdose" "cure everything" and so on. The problem here is it is still a drug and people do not give it the respect as a drug. Ya Alcohol is worst, but people know that though some make poor decisions about it, they still know it is a drug they need to use it correctly or it will bit them in the butt so many ways. Pot on the other hand is treated like candy even though smoking it has carcinogenics just like cigarettes and it is a mind altering drug, not candy.

We are on the road to legalization across America, but I think with the attitude that is out there we will see a good number of live affected not in a good way by this drug.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
O the horror

Did they grow tits like the old films say

And it is still illegal in Australia
What a joke
Toooo much money is being made
That's why they won't legalize it

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Drug tests should be illegal and classified as an invasion of privacy anyways. I can understand something like a cotton swab test since that measures recent drug usage (and an employer should have reasonable expectation that an employee not be high while at work), but urine tests and hair follicle tests detect drug usage too far into the past and what I do at my home isn't my work's business.

You can't be serious. Having a job requires some responsibility, meaning if you can't be high or drunk at work, you can't do it at home either unless you don't care risking your job. Are drugs that important to you that you can't do without in order to keep a job? Or so you feel that way.

Yes, I'm serious. Who the hell are you to tell me what I'm allowed to do and not do while at home?

Are drugs that important to you that you can't do without in order to keep a job? Or so you feel that way.

Is being an asshole that important to you that we HAVE to deny opportunities to people's work opportunities because you don't like their hobbies? Do you mind if I had you fired for getting drunk on the weekend?
edit on 4-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Popcorn also.
Three bags the other day.
Oh and custard had two litres to wash the popcorn diwn.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So your saying I shouldn't have a beer and get drunk at the weekend because I'm not allowed to drink alcohol at work in the week?

That makes sense.......

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

and the moral of the story is that it's better to be a crack spider than a pot spider??? way to go Canada!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So because alcohol is banned from a worksite, does you comment mean that people can't drink alcohol at home when they're not at work?

I'm trying to understand your comment.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

a reply to: MrMasterMinder

The benefit of it being legal though is that the police actually have to follow up and track down the thief instead of haul you off to jail for growing something you weren't supposed to be growing that thusly got stolen.

You are lucky to get the police to come round and investigate any burglary these days, i doubt chasing people who steal a few plants would rank highly on their list of priorities.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Krazysh0t

we have a company in the area that will regularly hire a bunch of people, many through temp agencies and spring a drug test on them before they hire them on permanently. Very few have passed this test and kept and there's quite a few I know who will swear that they were not using anything. Then they go crying to the gov't that they can't find qualified people, wanting the gov't to import their workforce. I really would like to see those tests done away with. So many things can cause a false positive it's insane to have your employability based on passing one.

Either those employees are lying or the company testing the urine are lying. I've been drug tested plenty of times and never failed. I've heard sesame seeds show up as drugs too, but in a real test, they don't show up. Signing a contract to work, or joining a new work environment comes with rules that you have to follow. You can't come to work drunk, you can't come to work high. If you can't follow those rules, you gotta go.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If you're on two litres of custard boymonkey then I would suggest you have a problem ... unless it was Ambrosia Devon custard then you just have good taste.

link   

originally posted by: MrMasterMinder

a reply to: MrMasterMinder

The benefit of it being legal though is that the police actually have to follow up and track down the thief instead of haul you off to jail for growing something you weren't supposed to be growing that thusly got stolen.

You are lucky to get the police to come round and investigate any burglary these days, i doubt chasing people who steal a few plants would rank highly on their list of priorities.

Depends on the scale of the theft really. Start amping up the value of all the things stolen and the police become a lot more compelled to solve the case. You are likely right that one stolen plant would likely just result in the cop coming to your house and filing out a police report and that's the last you ever hear about it, but if it were a dispensary hit, then the likelihood of the police taking it more seriously would be higher (especially since the police would likely have access to things like the store's internal security cameras and such).
edit on 4-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: longy9999

A lot of companies in the UK have random drug testing permission written into the employment contract, you won't be able to start with the company unless that contract is signed. A company I worked for several years ago pulled a random test on a Monday morning and 8 people who had been on the nose candy that weekend tested positive and instantly lost their jobs.

Now this I could understand if they were high at the time they were working but what was left in their system was from their own personal time at the weekend, had worn off and wasn't affecting their ability to perform their jobs in any way. Seems a little unfair to me.

Cocaine and meth leaves the system very quickly. Shortly after you come down from the high it is out of your system. In the military they started to check people on Saturday and Sunday mornings because a person could do the stuff for most of the weekend and be clean come Monday. If 8 people were busted on a Monday for this stuff they were hitting it hard late into Sunday night/early morning.

An oh they were using stuff that was illegal, not sure how you feel about that but illegal is illegal... As these drugs become legal I'm sure they will raise limits to show the difference between high and just having it in your system, like what is done with alcohol. Even with that there will still be jobs that you can not have anything in your system including alcohol.

link   
Been researching the plant and because we share a common ancestor with the plant is the reason our brains and the thc cannaboids connect so well is the chemical structure of the brain and the plant are very similar.
Booze well we have nowt like alcohol in our bodies maybe that is why we can not get a weed induced hangover.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It was indeed the finest custard know to man.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: longy9999

A lot of companies in the UK have random drug testing permission written into the employment contract, you won't be able to start with the company unless that contract is signed. A company I worked for several years ago pulled a random test on a Monday morning and 8 people who had been on the nose candy that weekend tested positive and instantly lost their jobs.

Now this I could understand if they were high at the time they were working but what was left in their system was from their own personal time at the weekend, had worn off and wasn't affecting their ability to perform their jobs in any way. Seems a little unfair to me.

Cocaine and meth leaves the system very quickly. Shortly after you come down from the high it is out of your system. In the military they started to check people on Saturday and Sunday mornings because a person could do the stuff for most of the weekend and be clean come Monday. If 8 people were busted on a Monday for this stuff they were hitting it hard late into Sunday night/early morning.

An oh they were using stuff that was illegal, not sure how you feel about that but illegal is illegal... As these drugs become legal I'm sure they will raise limits to show the difference between high and just having it in your system, like what is done with alcohol. Even with that there will still be jobs that you can not have anything in your system including alcohol.

That isn't entirely true. Powdered drugs like coc aine or meth can be in your system up to a week after ingestion.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Thank goodness for the LED tech.

I remember years ago it snowed heavily.
Within a short period of time only 1 house on the small street had no snow on the roof.

They were soon busted lol.

edit on 02201161am01America/Chicago2801 by Ismynameimportant because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: LSU0408

That's just naive.

According to R. Brookler, "Industry Standards in Workplace Drug Testing," Personnel Journal, (April 1992). Laboratories admit that urine tests are not always accurate. The manufacturers of all drug testing equipment acknowledge that all positive results should be confirmed with a more sophisticated test. The only acceptable drug confirmation test is the costly gas chromatography/mass spectrometer. Without confirmation by an alternative testing method, urine drug tests are not sufficiently reliable to hold up in court.

"Only 85 of the estimated 1,200 laboratories in the United States currently testing urine for drugs meet federal standards for accuracy, qualified lab personnel, and proper documentation and record-keeping procedures. Because private companies are not required to use certified drug testing labs, workers are being asked to put their job security in the hands of a drug test that has insufficient quality controls."

Even in labs that do meet the minimum standards, there is plenty of room for error. Your urine sample will change hands many times before its actual drug analysis, which increases the risk of mix-ups and errors. Also, the chemical reagents used in drug testing have a limited shelf life, which can cause "false positives". (A false positive is a sample showing a positive for drug metabolites when there are no metabolites in the person's system.)

Most states do not regulate the operations of urine drug test labs; in fact, some labs have fewer quality control regulations than restaurants. Your typical private employer may use any lab she/he chooses, which would most likely be the least expensive. Findings from the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta stated: "...the labs somehow detected coc aine in as many as 6 percent, and amphetamines in up to 37 percent of urine specimens that were 'blank" (those containing no drugs at all)."

False positive results during drug testing run high and no laboratory process is completely free from error. False positives also occur at high rates reported from 4 percent to over 50 percent. The high prevalence of false positives insures that people who are accused by the drug test are not necessarily drug users. False positives can occur for a number of reasons including: improper laboratory procedures, samples getting mixed up, paperwork being incorrect or lost, passive inhalation (second-hand smoke), and cross-reaction with prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications.

A USA TODAY report indicated that 15 percent of all urine drug tests yield a false positive due to cross-reacting substances. In a UCLA study of 161 legally prescribed and over-the-counter drugs, 65 gave false positive results. A National Institute of Drug Abuse study of 50 labs revealed that all 50 labs responded with some false positive results for drug tests.

False positives also can be caused by glitches in the drug testing technology. In a notorious 1984 incident, 60,000 Army personnel were informed that their drug tests had been wrong. To add insult to injury, federal drug testing costs taxpayers $500 million a year for urinalysis drug testing of government workers.

Acording to B. Luberoff, cited in W. Holstein, "The Other Side of Drug Testing," Chemtech, (September 1992). "Today, the most conservative estimates of the number of false positives per year run into the thousands. In fact, the highest estimate of accuracy reported to date shows one false positive in every 700 samples." Considering the number of times workers are tested, as many as 1 in every 15 workers can expect to have a false positive drug test at some point in his or her career.

link   
a reply to: LSU0408

washing my hair might be, same with being able to pop a few ibprofens on a daily basis to keep tissues from swelling and pain from making it impossible to work... before you can even argue about weather it's appropriate to test you employees, you have to come up with an ACCURATE test.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join