It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's How Many People Fatally Overdosed On Marijuana Last Year

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

a hospital noticed that they had an overwhelming number of babies testing positive for weed, and well, they were reported to social services and the parents we put through that hell. so they started testing the stuff the babies were coming into contact to...ends up, the shampoos was causing a false positive. My point being, you add to that all the perfectly innocent people who have lost jobs, and risked losing custody of their kids through inaccurate drug tests.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Drug tests should be illegal and classified as an invasion of privacy anyways. I can understand something like a cotton swab test since that measures recent drug usage (and an employer should have reasonable expectation that an employee not be high while at work), but urine tests and hair follicle tests detect drug usage too far into the past and what I do at my home isn't my work's business.
edit on 4-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

hey think we could convince them to approve it as a natural birth control method for men... it's probably more reliable than condoms are really.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

When I was on the 'force' I never pulled up to a signal 30 (fatality) with anyone that was on mary jane ALONE.. I never arrested a hardened criminal on mary jane ALONE. . the list goes on and on, (just fyi, side note, I never arrested anyone that had mary jane ALONE on their person if they didn't have warrants)

I have known for decades the healing properties coming from an American Indian background..

I am hopeful that more states will legalize and tax the # out of it!

p.s. the oil has cured me from migraines and arthritis!!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If you put " killed by terrorists last year" after those numbers the government and the MSM would be reacting a bit differently to the numbers, but since the government and their corporate cronies are making a lot of money from alcohol and prescription drugs we don`t hear a peep.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I heard that a spider maybe have OD'ed... but not sure...

And the 'serious' site about spiders on drugs...
Spider web on weed - work of art!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

People can get Psychosis from smoking Marijuana. They call it drug induced Psychosis (also from Alcohol and other drugs). Not saying that it can not have healing properties if taken in certain forms. However it can also effect that brain chemistry.

(post by MamaJ removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Hurry up and make it legal in the states then we will legalise it in the uk taking away the criminal element from every time I get some.
I know two people who have had their grow stolen because groups of lads are using heat cameras to find a grow and break in.
One lad got his leg broken last week when they stormed his flat.
If it was legal it would not be as pricey and therefore not worth stealing.

I don't believe the price of weed would go down that significantly if it were legal. Also there would also be people prepared to steal someone crop legal or not. Buying electrical goods in the UK is not illegal and people get those stolen all the time.

I used to smoke a lot at one time and i was never really able to get anything productive done. I used to start a lot of projects but never seemed to get round to finishing them. It gave me terrible memory. After i gave it up my life improved considerably. After a couple of years of using nootropics i found my memory returned.

The idea that cannabis is harmless just isnt true. Ive had friends try to commit suicide after getting cannabis psychosis. It seems to affect teenagers more than adults and mainly people smoking the new super strains with very high THC levels. Originally cannabis had a much lower thc to cbn/cbd ratio. The people a GW Pharmaceuticals (the only company in the UK allowed to market THC related meds) have found that the are naturally occurring anti-psychotics in cannabis but the higher the levels of thc the lower the levels of anti-psychotics.

A review of 60 studies presented in 1995 at the International Conference on Alcohol, Drugs and Traffic Safety found that marijuana impairs all the cognitive abilities needed for safe driving, including tracking, motor coordination, visual function and divided attention.

www.livescience.com...

edit on 4-1-2016 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

we have a company in the area that will regularly hire a bunch of people, many through temp agencies and spring a drug test on them before they hire them on permanently. Very few have passed this test and kept and there's quite a few I know who will swear that they were not using anything. Then they go crying to the gov't that they can't find qualified people, wanting the gov't to import their workforce. I really would like to see those tests done away with. So many things can cause a false positive it's insane to have your employability based on passing one.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Drug tests should be illegal and classified as an invasion of privacy anyways.

A lot of companies in the UK have random drug testing permission written into the employment contract, you won't be able to start with the company unless that contract is signed. A company I worked for several years ago pulled a random test on a Monday morning and 8 people who had been on the nose candy that weekend tested positive and instantly lost their jobs.

Now this I could understand if they were high at the time they were working but what was left in their system was from their own personal time at the weekend, had worn off and wasn't affecting their ability to perform their jobs in any way. Seems a little unfair to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mmirror

Some are just wired to have bad effects when on weed.
I saw weed caused schizophrenia when I worked in the mental home and we had three people who had schizophrenia all brought on by smoking it in their early teens.
Like anything don't give it to kids

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MrMasterMinder

The benefit of it being legal though is that the police actually have to follow up and track down the thief instead of haul you off to jail for growing something you weren't supposed to be growing that thusly got stolen.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: longy9999

Yea. Depending on your security clearance in the States, things can work that way as well. Though most companies do an initial drug test upon hiring.

link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Either way, doesn't marijuana make men infertile?

I think that is more of a slur and insult on stoners than a medical fact. None of my friends have had any problem that way and they are long term users. Anyway, even if it did it would be a good thing as the world seems pretty crowded anyway. Pointless to have children if it is just so you can say you are a real man. I never had children (it was not because of any medical issue on my part and not that it matters) and the last time I looked I was a real man, even though I have used ganja for a very long time indeed.

OP, there are secondary factors to consider. Was marijuana use linked to any suicides because of depression and confusion, or did it bring on a psychosis which took the user into a head state where they were assaulted or killed violently or did that to another? I got myself in a deep and dangerous mess because of it when I got psychosis after hitting it ridiculously to ease the mental pain. In that respect I don't think it is as innocent as we may be led to believe.

edit on 4-1-2016 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: MrMasterMinder

Well the government would set prices but when illegal users would grow their own making it as cheap as chips.
So tempted.

link   

I double wrap Mr winkie.

Whatever helps you go the distance.

Nobody overdoses on cigarettes either but you'd think they're worse than prescription drugs the way people have outlawed them in most places.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Good news as it was just recently announced that Colorado was experiencing their worst and largest recall in history since legalization.

Care to guess why?

Overuse of pesticides and even worse, the use of pesticides that had been labelled unsafe and therefore banned. If this trend continues, the first death associated with marijuana will end up being just that, death by association.

Pesticides associated with the growing process will be the one to kill you. That's my opinion anyway. One company has already been caught, I'm sure there are others. Rigorous testing and quality control measures must be maintained and enforced at all times.

Link

edit on 4-1-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

We really need to get away from this stigma of punishing illicit drug users for using illicit drugs. It is REALLY counterproductive and highly alienates a significant portion of our citizenry JUST because the drugs are illicit. Though many more Americans are doped up on legal drugs that are FAR more destructive with no consequences for their use whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

I double wrap Mr winkie.

Whatever helps you go the distance.

Nobody overdoses on cigarettes either but you'd think they're worse than prescription drugs the way people have outlawed them in most places.

Cigarettes aren't outlawed anywhere. You just can't smoke in the same places you used to be able to smoke. They do the same thing with alcohol, yet I don't see people complaining about the restrictions placed on where you can imbibe that. Heck, in the states that have legalized marijuana, marijuana is treated the EXACT, same way.
edit on 4-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join