It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Realize Now

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

An image of smiling Jesus (seems like maybe with a thumbs up gesture?)

Makes me think of the "Buddy Christ" from the movie "Dogma"..

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Thanks for reading.

Thanks for sharing, 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't say things like this very often, but I'm sure he forgives you.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think this OP has had a "God moment". Aw, and he shared it! That's rare around here, where someone admits a past misconception.

Those feelings of hope and joy are not phony. Times like that?, people are not phony. So, where ya spose that warm fuzzy feeling inside of them comes from?

My faith tradition teaches me that you bumped into Jesus at that gathering. I'd ask you how it made you feel, but I think you layed it out pretty straight. It changed you. Every single person who has ever come in contact with Jesus in some sort of way...changes.

Keep searching. Keep asking. When you close your eyes tonight in bed...ask yourself, "was that YOU?" "Really!?" "PROVE IT!" "SHOW ME!"

I dare ya. I double-dog dare ya.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

WOW. I have a tremendous amount of respect for you. It takes a genuinely good person to admit what you just did. To be honest, your anti-Christian threads in the past were a huge factor in me joining up instead of lurking (though I don't post much), so I had definitely identified your screen name with someone I would vastly disagree with. I hope you don't take that the wrong way. Beautiful story. I'd say I'm proud of you, but I don't know you. Regardless, it's the only word that comes to mind besides respect and admiration. You're a intelligent poster and you've absolute shown your true heart.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Do people believe because it gives them hope? Or do they believe and as a side-effect find hope?

Would people still believe if it didn't offer them hope?

Is hope a good enough reason to believe things you would usually consider to be irrational?

edit on 8-1-2016 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Achilles92x

Thank you my friend. I'm trying to become a better person every day, both on and off these forums. The only way to do that is through respect and I wasn't really giving respect to others like I should have.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Maybe I'm finally going in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

For some I think hope is enough to believe, for others it is not. I fall into the latter category personally, I prefer logic over hope, but I cannot blame those who fall into the former category. It all comes down to personal preference I think, everyone is different in their own way.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

If you would care to enter into a dialogue on this important concept, I would be happy to oblige. I'm very curious on your definition of this word "hope." What is your definition of hope? It's one of these toss-around words, that is quite nebulous. My definition of "hope" may be quite different than yours, maybe not.

Hope is an awesome word, but what exactly is it anyway?

For starters, I would say that hope and logic are not mutually exclusive. You seam to suggest that they are.
edit on 8-1-2016 by Ignatian because: Grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join