It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Realize Now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thanks Buzzy, you're awesome too!

Over the past few months I've come to believe that we never left the Source to begin with and that the Source is within the very fabric of the universe itself. We are manifestations of the Source and a way for the Source to experience itself and to learn about itself.

When we die, we are given a clean slate, our memory is wiped because it would be mighty boring if we knew everything there is to know and had no room for growth.

No one is left out, we're all given infinite chances to get it right, and even if we never do we still are given another chance.

Thanks for the encouraging words my friend. I hope you have a great new year.

edit on 1/4/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Over the past few months I've come to believe that we never left the Source to begin with and that the Source is within the very fabric of the universe itself. We are manifestations of the Source and a way for the Source to experience itself and to learn about itself.

When we die, we are given a clean slate, our memory is wiped because it would be mighty boring if we knew everything there is to know and had no room for growth.

No one is left out, we're all given infinite chances to get it right, and even if we never do we still are given another chance.

Exactly how I see it - but I think our oversoul retains that knowledge - it is when we cycle back around to a limited physical plane that we are to continue moving along the path we are already on. Each cycle moves us further - then we exit, and when we return we are in the same place we left off, but with only subconscious/spiritual memory of how we got that far during the last leg of the journey.

In the infamous words of Dory: "Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...."

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yes, the "oversoul" stores all experience and distributes that knowledge accordingly depending on what form we take. This is what instincts are and this is how, for example, sea turtles can return to their birth place even from thousands of miles away to give birth to their babies.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Thank You for sharing! It all brought joy to my heart! Namaste

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It would appear that your cat is very wise..lol

Happy New Year Brother…

And…

May the Force be with you…

- JC

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Thanks brother. I hope you're having a great new year!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Oh, and here I was going to say you generally do a pretty good job of putting the Klass in being a doubting Thomas/atheist.

And then you go and trash my illusions by more or less trashing most of us.

I will say that it's one thing to ask the questions like "Do you think I am going to Hell if I don't believe?" and then listen to what a Christian says and then tar and feather us. What you do expect us to say? If we are honest in our faith, then we sort of have to tell you the truth of our beliefs. If salvation is predicated on faith and you have none, then there is no salvation only your hope you can live according to God's law well enough to be judged righteous and precious few make it that far.

If you think I'm telling you that you're going to Hell ... well, maybe I am and if that's what you think of your own life circumstances, maybe you ought to clean then up some ...

But I digress. I don't like telling folks they're burning in Hell. It ain't my job. Only He does that.

So, I guess my ramble is mostly, agree to disagree or don't ask the questions you know you're going to get answers you don't like.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

whoa

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Adleast your honest. Fair play to you. It's refreshing.
Even if I completely disagree with that way of thinking.

edit on 4-1-2016 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You showed respect.

And for that, you have earned mine.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
Adleast your honest. Fair play to you. It's refreshing.
Even if I completely disagree with that way of thinking.

Ha!

Read what I said again.

I didn't actually tell anyone they were going to Hell. What I did was lay out what I would say without telling anyone they were going to Hell. If you read it and think that I said you were, then maybe it says more about you than it does about me and anything I actually did say.

Because it boils down to this: Jesus saves because He forgives and makes us acceptable in God's sight. If you do not accept that gift, then you still get judged by God's standards and they are very, very high. So if you go through that and still feel like you're going to Hell, then maybe you ought to look at how you're living so in the end the balance comes out in your favor. That's all.

I don't actually know if you are going to Hell or not. That is for Him to say. I don't even know where I'm bound.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Kets. Re-read your own post. You just proved the point I was making with your own words.

The intent is not to trash, but to state the facts. A Christian cannot allow others the same courtesy the OP is talking about. Whether it's eternal damnation or hell, makes no difference. Christianity has made a 2000 year habit of trashing other religions and faiths.

edit on 1/4/2016 by Klassified because: redact

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Christianity has made a 2000 year habit of trashing other religions and faiths.

Which is a crying shame, because it is the very last thing that Jesus Christ himself would ever do...

You know, i'm never quite sure whether I'm a 'Christian' or not - I believe in 'God' as the loving Source of creation, and it kind of makes sense to me that He 'might' have incarnated as a flesh and blood person in order to show, by example, the way He wants us to live and treat each other, but...

...I don't believe that God needed Jesus as a sacrifice to redeem the sins of humanity. And I don't for a minute believe that any 'God' who truly 'Loves' would condemn anyone to hell for not believing in Him...

When I read the bible, I 'filter' it all thru Jesus' primary teachings - that we should "love one another", and "Judge not lest ye be judged."

If more Christians actually read the bible for themselves and used their common sense (and loving hearts) to figure out the most likely 'intended' meanings instead of simply believing all the dogma generated in the early days of 'the Church' as the 'decided upon' meanings -

- well, maybe Christianity (as well as God and Jesus) wouldn't get such a bad rap...

(Sorry Klassified...that's not directed at you - just all sort of tumbled out after my first sentence)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I know you read Ketsuko's words, but I don't think you really 'heard' them.

No mortal human is qualified to say where another person will spend eternity. A personal relationship with Christ is just that... personal.

I'm not qualified to judge another's soul in any one instant, let alone predict all the things that could happen to either open his heart to grace between now and the time his soul departs this world, or to harden his heart.

The best answer I could hope to give to one who asks 'Do you think I'm going to Hell?' Is 'The one thing I can promise you is that I will pray that you don't.' Whatever else happens is between that person and Christ.

So I have to say I respectfully disagree with your premise that Christians can't allow others the freedom to choose for themselves and the courtesy to live and let live. It's not up to me to choose for anyone but me.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I`m glad you do
Thanks for sharing your experience and may your friend rest in peace.

I would also like to thank Night Star for giving inspiration to a fellow human being.

We could use more people like you guys, keep up the good work

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You are right it gives me and many I know great comfort.
As Jesus said in John chapter 5

Don't be surprised at what I've just said. A time is coming when all the dead will hear his voice, and they will come out of their tombs.

Yes it is a comfort to me that non-Christians and atheists get to come back too.
Because Romans 6:7 says

for he who has paid the penalty of death stands absolved from his sin.

There will be no happier time in all human history when this takes place in the future. It is known as the "second resurrection"
The "first resurrection" is a topic for another thread.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I see the real you now and it's beautiful, you see in life we go through these emotions and sometimes questionable moments but it's those little things that really makes us who we are.

We sometimes forget and we tend to stumble on the things we hold in our hearts and that is why we end up failing and really losing the sense of love and togetherness, I ain't perfect and in no way free of sin because we as a planet lost our way from the natural order of things.

I like taking a look at this site once In awhile to see if my friends are still at each other's throats in here and when I saw your post I smiled and said to myself now that is honesty and I commend you for sharing.

I often think of auto wrench and wish he would come back because he really believed and I kinda liked talking to him but I will not say anything negative if he came back and so it your out there auto take care and come by and say hello my friend.

edit on 6-1-2016 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I don't even know where I'm bound.

What if I told you I do know where you're bound? How would you react?

(Not saying I do - I certainly don't....just, asking what if I told you I know, how would you respond?)

edit on 1/6/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Christianity has made a 2000 year habit of trashing other religions and faiths.

On Sunday I drove an errand that took me past a Catholic Church....normally just a brick building, non-descript, sitting in a lot off of a major road....at an intersection with a light.

it had a gigantic yellow banner stretched across the lawn (eye level for drivers passing by), probably 4 feet tall by 16 feet long -

An image of smiling Jesus (seems like maybe with a thumbs up gesture?) graced the left hand side. The text beside it read "Under Same Management for 2000 Years!"

Kid you I do not.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

That's a pretty advanced and mature realization.
Its a standard that most are quick to apply to anyone but themselves.

The trick, and where the vast, vast majority fail, is carrying from thought to action. Most don't, but I think you can do it

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join