It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sorry

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Good gosh Smirk!!! A million six hundred stars!!!! Wow!!!!

2nd oldie

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Apologies for not mentioning you in my awe of Night Star. I think you would slightly resemble her in spirit, if you face east, stand on one foot, and sing "Tomorrow".

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

It's good that you want to improve as a person and, in fact, I think we all evolve in a similar way; on ATS or in life.

But I think we are all too neurotically self-obsessed to worry much about other people's personal journey.

Most of us, anyway.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If you have attacked me in the past
I forgive you

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Come on now, you are more interesting when you get riled up.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
That's very sweet, but everyone besides Night Star has been an immature fool or nasty pasty at some time on ATS

I resent that, I have not been an immature fool, I am a mature fool.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I was looking through my post history earlier today to get an idea of how much my views have changed over the years and I noticed something about my past self that I don't like very much.

I noticed that for a time I was very antagonistic and rude to those whom I disagreed with, using thinly veiled personal attacks on certain members who I clashed with. If you are one of those people, I'd like to apologize to you. I now see that everyone's opinion has value whether I agree with it or not.

I had a genuine feeling of shame and embarrassment when reading through some of my past contributions. I came off as a self-righteous know it all and I genuinely apologize for that. I will try to be a better and more respectful member of this community I love so much from this point forward.

Please forgive me if I've ever offended you or made you angry, we're all in this together after all. Thanks.

If you are guilty of antagonism, then I am even more so. That's why I've been limiting my posts on ATS lately. Its just too easy to get carried away.

Please accept my apology too.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Apology accepted my friend. I know we have gotten into it a time or two and you were one of the ones I was thinking of while typing the OP.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Hey! This thread is supposed to be about me, me, ME! Not Night Star!

Just kidding. Hopefully I can live up to her example!

Hahahaha! First, yes this thread is about you and I applaud you for it! Now all this attention and me being an Angel...Don't you think I made mistakes in this life that made me who I am today? I have learned along the way. I have learned a lot and continue to learn. Many of you here have inspired me or given me a different perspective and for that I am grateful.

There have been times when I wanted to say something nasty to someone because they were being nasty to me, but I held my tongue. I later learned from more of their posts, that hey, I actually have some things in common with this person and they weren't the kind of person I thought they were. Pretty sure I did say things I shouldn't have. Been here so long, I don't remember what or to who.

So don't be sorry for anything. I'm just like everyone else, learning as I go along and trying to be the best that I can be. It takes work, but I'm trying. I can be a tiger if someone presses my buttons and you wouldn't be anywhere near me then. ROAR! LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

its cool. We probably didnt clash but honestly it seems like you deserve to give yourself a break. I dont know about anyone else but in my book if you are sorry then you are forgiven.

Also, what you mention is about growth. Its good to set the record straight but we all were what we were to become who we are. Its all part of the journey. You know that though.

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

edit on 1 3 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Don't define yourself by your past. We have all made mistakes that we regret. It took courage and strength to admit past mistakes. It took compassion and love to reach out to your fellow man. So, you are a strong, courageous, compassionate and loving human being. You sound like a great guy to me!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks Night! I try to be the best person I can be, can't really do much more than that!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Thanks Night! I try to be the best person I can be, can't really do much more than that!

Exactly! Human beings are not perfect, we falter, make mistakes, pick ourselves back up again and move forward as best we can. That is all we can do. You are doing great!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Don't deprive us of your ire only to trade it for the status quo. This place will get mighty boring without a little hostility on your part.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

It takes great courage and strength to do what you just did. Well done.

Don't feel bad; your ability to reflect on and acknowledge past mistakes is a sign of maturity and development as a human being.

I too have made replies and threads that I am not proud of, and looking back I wish I could erase some from the ATS database.

Nevertheless, life has steep learning curves and we all make errors at different points throughout our journey.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

See, you really are an inspiration. Sincerely. Even though you said "hell" in a thread...

To the OP, we all are a piece of work. At some point in our mortal lives, we have all spit in the face of fate, often into the wind, and most learn from this mistake but some never quite understand why they are being spit on.

We must make mistakes for it is in them we learn.

I admire your declaration of wisdom and growth. You have shifted into a higher understanding and have no doubt earned forgiveness from a much higher power. We should all take inspiration from your growth.

s&f

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I could have written this post myself. I haven't actually looked back on my history, because I don't think I'd like what I find... so good for you for being that brave. I have felt sorry many times because of my behavior here. It's embarrassing. But it's people like you that keep me coming back (you and Night Star, of course) LOL!

Your post has strengthened my resolve to be better than I was the day before. Thanks for it and for being here!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Its who we Are now....not who we Were that matters! But, thanks

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

See, you really are an inspiration. Sincerely. Even though you said "hell" in a thread...

I almost spit my coffee out! Hahaha! I say a lot worse when I'm not on the internet.

I think we all inspire and learn from one another. Hell, even when someone is being a jerk, we can be inspired to NOT be like that. We pay more attention and try to keep ourselves in check.

I love how more and more people are aware of what they do and say and how it affects others and that they continue to try to be the best person they possibly can be. We still might make mistakes, but we can pick ourselves back up and move ahead.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I was looking through my post history earlier today to get an idea of how much my views have changed over the years and I noticed something about my past self that I don't like very much.

I noticed that for a time I was very antagonistic and rude to those whom I disagreed with, using thinly veiled personal attacks on certain members who I clashed with. If you are one of those people, I'd like to apologize to you. I now see that everyone's opinion has value whether I agree with it or not.

I had a genuine feeling of shame and embarrassment when reading through some of my past contributions. I came off as a self-righteous know it all and I genuinely apologize for that. I will try to be a better and more respectful member of this community I love so much from this point forward.

Please forgive me if I've ever offended you or made you angry, we're all in this together after all. Thanks

This is truly awesome and is a sign of great Wisdom…IMO…because having the real truth (assuming you do
) but sounding antagonistic and rude…just doesn’t really sit right…especially if you look at it from the perspective of someone who is genuinely searching for truth…this may put them off real quick…

I think in our modern world/society though, it’s kind of seen as a weakness when people don’t fight back with hurtful counter remarks, to put people down, even more so when people are verbally attacking you in some way etc…

But in actuality, it takes more strength to hold back from those types of tendencies, and to try to show real compassion and patience towards others…Which incidentally, you’ve done a lot of too, in a number of threads I’ve seen you participate in…

When you have a lot of Gods Wisdom in you, it can at times come across as sounding almost arrogant and self righteous; even if you don’t intend it to be that way…I’ve realised this a lot myself lately…

No man can give another the truth though…because a person could be genuinely sincere, and yet be believing in something that’s false…This is why everyone must seek out truth for themselves. Everyone has access to the truth, through the one true teacher, which is the Father. The best guides are the ones who help people find the truth for themselves…

The best way to do that, is to help people go on their own spiritual journey, by sowing seeds. Questions can be powerful too. Putting a question out there, is often more impactful, than trying to beat someone over the head with your own truth.

And when people do go on their own journey into finding the truth, it becomes more personal and meaningful that way, because they’ve lived it, remember it, and know the reasons why etc…

Sorry for rambling on, but it’s all kind of tide together, in relation to your OP…

- JC

<< 1    3 >>

join