It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sorry

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I was looking through my post history earlier today to get an idea of how much my views have changed over the years and I noticed something about my past self that I don't like very much.

I noticed that for a time I was very antagonistic and rude to those whom I disagreed with, using thinly veiled personal attacks on certain members who I clashed with. If you are one of those people, I'd like to apologize to you. I now see that everyone's opinion has value whether I agree with it or not.

I had a genuine feeling of shame and embarrassment when reading through some of my past contributions. I came off as a self-righteous know it all and I genuinely apologize for that. I will try to be a better and more respectful member of this community I love so much from this point forward.

Please forgive me if I've ever offended you or made you angry, we're all in this together after all. Thanks.
edit on 1/3/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
That's very sweet, but everyone besides Night Star has been an immature fool or nasty pasty at some time on ATS

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It IS a great community here...and your OP just made it a little bit better.

One thing I like about the people here, is that even though we can routinely argue about our deeply held passions and political views...at the end of the day, I never hate anyone....even the trolls.

People here are generally more intelligent and interesting...and, for the most part, mature.

Even after a heated round with one or two of my own 'assigned trolls' here...I feel like I could still meet them for a beer afterwards...or, after a heated debate over politics, we can still share our experiences or stories on ufos and ghosts on another thread...in another forum.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
That's very sweet, but everyone besides Night Star has been an immature fool or nasty pasty at some time on ATS

Surely you don't mean me as well? I am so sweet and lovable.I am now waiting
for the lightening bolt to strike.
To the OP... it is great that you discovered for yourself about yourself and seem to
want to make improvements in your life.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

a reply to: IAMTAT

a reply to: mamabeth

Thanks guys, this is why I visit this site every day, awesome people like you.

edit on 1/3/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think I would be shocked if Night Star was mean in any way.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I've done it too and my views have evolved as well.

There was a thread on this recently that reminded me of the great utility of a permanent record.

It is embarrassing but, we thankfully have the record to peruse if we ever have a hankering for a humility refresher.

It's amazing how constructive our mistakes can be as long as we take the time to recognize them.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

So true, what a sweetheart!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
And this is why ecstasy is awesome.

Just kidding, it takes a real man/woman to say sorry and mean it.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I've never been rude/ sarc

3NL1GHT, at the end of the day, we're all but mortals "all" seeking the truth. The one common denominator.

Secondly, we all bleed the same color. We can agree to disagree, no one is any the better. Some of us have more colorful avtars. We're all just trying to know & share the truth!

S&F

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I was looking through my post history earlier today to get an idea of how much my views have changed over the years and I noticed something about my past self that I don't like very much.

I noticed that for a time I was very antagonistic and rude to those whom I disagreed with, using thinly veiled personal attacks on certain members who I clashed with. If you are one of those people, I'd like to apologize to you. I now see that everyone's opinion has value whether I agree with it or not.

I had a genuine feeling of shame and embarrassment when reading through some of my past contributions. I came off as a self-righteous know it all and I genuinely apologize for that. I will try to be a better and more respectful member of this community I love so much from this point forward.

Please forgive me if I've ever offended you or made you angry, we're all in this together after all. Thanks.

I must have just seen your changed self and I commented in an earlier thread that I hadn't seen you derailing in a particular topic.

edit on 3-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Don't think I have ever been the recipient but kudos to you for recognizing your errors, your growth, the humble apology and here is to your future growth and to all our future growth.

What we think we know know will continue to change if we continue to grow

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Don't feel guilty.

No one's looking.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This thread is one of those rare gems that make you scratch your head and go WTF (in a good way)...

It reminds me of those who come back from a NDE and all they want to do is love people.

It also reminds me of George Bailey who got to see what the world was like without him...

Thanks for reminding us that the most important things in life aren't things but people.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I'm looking and don't like what I see. I'm not beating myself up over it but I still feel regret for being that way. Thanks for the encouragement though.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

NightStar has the spirit of 1000 angels.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Enlightment is what many of us need, on and offline.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hey! This thread is supposed to be about me, me, ME! Not Night Star!

Just kidding. Hopefully I can live up to her example!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I can identify.

You've been here since 2012?

I've been here since 2003. And I no longer look back. I was kinda stupid more than once.

But we are allowed to change, change opinion, learn new stuff, and grow up.

(Still working on the latter lol)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join