It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concatenated Order of Hoo-Hoo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Today I was thinking back to an experience I had in Gurdon, Arkansas. The experience involved running into a very strange group of people, along with two children - a boy and a girl - on some remote railroad tracks in the middle of the night. As the incident bubbled up in my mind today, I decided to kill some time by looking into some historical research on the Gurdon area.

And that's when it happened....I came across a Secret Society which originated in Gurdon called (and yes, this is all real....)

Concatenated Order of Hoo-Hoo

The order was more informal than other secret societies of its day. It did not have lodge rooms, enforced attendance at meetings or anything else that other orders had that could be avoided. The executive committee of the Order was known as the Supreme Nine and consisted of the Snark, the Senior Hoo-Hoo, Junior Hoo-Hoo, Scrivenoter, Bojum, Jabberwock, Custocatian, Arcanoper and Gurdon. Judicial affairs and care of the emblem were delegated to a House of the Ancients which consisted of the past executives of the Order and whose members served for life. A each Hoo Hoo annual the order would perform an embalming of the Snark, passing him into the House. By the late 1890s the House included B. Arthur Johnson, William Eddy Barns and James E. Defebaugh. Each state or foreign country was ruled by a Viceregent Snark. Local groups were called Concatenations

Okay...this was just too damn funny to let it pass.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Very new information. Would you mind expanding on your meeting and what exactly made you think these were the people you met.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

And here I thought "Concatenate" was just the most useful Excel formula of all time!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Imteresting logo/mascot
I'll keep an eye on this
Black Cats = are associated with the moon, and attributed to darkness and Satan, and evil, though some countries see it as a good luck charm. In general, they are seen as representative of Wicca and witchcraft, and are at times subjects of ritualistic sacrifices by non-witches. Of course, unfounded superstition is attached to this creature.
edit on America/ChicagoFri, 01 Jan 2016 06:02:52 -0600Fri, 01 Jan 2016 06:02:52 -06002015Fri, 01 Jan 2016 06:02:52 -06002016-01-01T06:02:52-06:00201501America/Chicago by errorcode because: found this

www.renewamerica.com...
edit on America/ChicagoFri, 01 Jan 2016 06:04:38 -0600Fri, 01 Jan 2016 06:04:38 -06002015Fri, 01 Jan 2016 06:04:38 -06002016-01-01T06:04:38-06:00201501America/Chicago by errorcode because: (no reason given)

Sorry just noticed the tail, number 9? = 3×3
The number 3 has been used in both Christianity and various occult orders
edit on America/ChicagoFri, 01 Jan 2016 06:13:23 -0600Fri, 01 Jan 2016 06:13:23 -06002015Fri, 01 Jan 2016 06:13:23 -06002016-01-01T06:13:23-06:00201501America/Chicago by errorcode because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Very new information. Would you mind expanding on your meeting and what exactly made you think these were the people you met.

Oh, I don't think this "secret society" (loosely used term, in this case) is related to the incident on the tracks. I just came across it while doing some research and thought it was hilarious. I gather from the Wikipedia link that they intended to sound like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: errorcode

Bear in mind that this "Secret Society" was a joke; an excuse for guys to get together once a year and party.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: errorcode
Imteresting logo/mascot
I'll keep an eye on this
Black Cats = are associated with the moon, and attributed to darkness and Satan, and evil, though some countries see it as a good luck charm. In general, they are seen as representative of Wicca and witchcraft, and are at times subjects of ritualistic sacrifices by non-witches. Of course, unfounded superstition is attached to this creature.
www.renewamerica.com...

Sorry just noticed the tail, number 9? = 3×3
The number 3 has been used in both Christianity and various occult orders

No! They Are Simply "Witnesses!"

First The Witch... And Then Her Cat.
They'll Tell On You.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I found some of their old bulletins:

babel.hathitrust.org...

By the Tail of the Great Supreme Black Cat - Be a
Real Hoo-Hoo - Help the Other Fellow to Enjoy
HEALTH, HAPPINESS AND LONG LIFE

There are some photographs of the Supreme Nine:

babel.hathitrust.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Aha! This explains some mysterious lyrics. Obviously, Brian Eno is a secret member of the Concantenated Order of Hoo Hoo!

(Skip to 1:14)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

That logo - it's a direct ripoff from Copeland Lumber...

Copeland Lumber Logo

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: wordsvsimage

That logo - it's a direct ripoff from Copeland Lumber...

Copeland Lumber Logo

Well, it IS supposed to be a secret society of lumberjacks....lol. I suppose Copeland offered up their 'black cat' for sacrifice....

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
People will make a secret society about anything, i once knew a guy who bought Fritz Springmier's mind control book and tried to make him and his best friend the so called Illuminati and he used some of this crap on friends, gawd...it takes all type.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

God what's next a secret society of rats that look human with smashed in teeth, i heard of everything now.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I found people will make all kinds of groups or what ever in today's age to feel like they have some kind of special unknoWn power that the masses will come begging to learn...sigh.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well, there is the ancient and honorable order of Turtles.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

And here I thought "Concatenate" was just the most useful Excel formula of all time!

I must be having trouble with my glasses today...because I thought you just said Conctrate was better that COUNTIF and VLOOKUP...but that's just not possible

On topic...

what a weird set of requirements they started with..

Membership was restricted to white males over 21 who were engaged in the lumber industry as lumbermen, newspapermen, railroad men and saw mill machinery men.

Now they say Forest/Lumbermen...or men who want to better their world...which I suppose being a Mason shouldn't surprise me as much...we aren't actual masonry workers...this just seemed like an odd jumble of figures

interesting read Gypsy

new topics

top topics

join