It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Man Shot With Nail Gun Arrested at ER

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A man in St. George, Utah shot himself in his leg with a nail gun. He jumped into his car and raced to the hospital, instead of trying to get someone to help him. He was spotted by a highway patrol officer, driving recklessly. The officer tried to get the man to stop by using his loudspeaker; when the man finally stopped, he got out of his vehicle and the officer ordered him to get back in. At that point the man re-entered the vehicle and drove the rest of the way to the hospital, where he was arrested for not obeying the police officer.

www.davesdaily.com
ST. GEORGE, Utah - A man who drove himself to the emergency room after being shot in the calf with a nail gun was arrested at the hospital for not stopping when ordered.

Utah Highway Patrol Trooper Ben Lang started chasing the vehicle after it was spotted driving recklessly on Interstate 15, tailing the man to the hospital.

At one point, Lang said he told the driver over a loudspeaker to pull over. He said the man got out of the car at a stop light, but Lang ordered him to get back in his car. Then, the man took off again toward the hospital.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

When emergencies happen we don't always think clearly. This man should of called a neighbor or if he was at work, another co-worker. The last option should of been to drive himself to the hospital. I can imagine he was in a lot of pain but it wasn't a life threatening injury. The man should of pulled over and allowed the officer to get him to the hospital.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
how do you know if it was life threatening or not?

i have been in the same situation but my mother was having a stroke, i got her to the local hospital 2x as quick as an ambulance would have, the DR. told me point blank i saved her life. when we got here there they did as much as they could and lifeflighted her into the city. her boyfriend and brother got to the hospital downtown before the life flight, and didnt speed. I say this guy made as good a choice as a non medical professional could have.

also, the story does not mention if he had insurance or not. if he didnt have a few thousand dollars in his bank account that would be a deterrmining factor.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think we can expect the judge to take care of this. The issue is that driving recklessly for whatever reason is dangerous to others. Officers have to cover their butts and the officer's point is well taken about pulling over to explain would not have taken very long.

[edit on 05/1/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
how do you know if it was life threatening or not?

i have been in the same situation but my mother was having a stroke, i got her to the local hospital 2x as quick as an ambulance would have, the DR. told me point blank i saved her life. when we got here there they did as much as they could and lifeflighted her into the city. her boyfriend and brother got to the hospital downtown before the life flight, and didnt speed. I say this guy made as good a choice as a non medical professional could have.

also, the story does not mention if he had insurance or not. if he didnt have a few thousand dollars in his bank account that would be a deterrmining factor.

The guy shot himself with a nail gun in the calf of his leg. The only way it was life threatening is if he was loosing a lot of blood which I doubt since the hole in his leg would only be as wide as a nail. It might of been a good choice to drive yourself to the hospital if your not in a panic and driving recklessly. The cop would of never stopped him if he was driving normal.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

By Ycon This man should of called a neighbor or if he was at work, another co-worker.

I'm curious, what do you think his co-workers or neighbours would have told him to do?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I wouldnt have stopped either. Let them follow me to the hospital, who cares. Thsts hardly running away from the law. It didnt have to be a life or death situation. If he was in pain and scared, he did the right thing.
Good for him

They'll dismiss it in court.

OR- they could throw the Patriot Act book at him
you never know if not stopping for the law is now under this

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

OR- they could throw the Patriot Act book at him
you never know if not stopping for the law is now under this

Hey I believe it I guess it will fall under insurgency against a police officer.

He will get a injured non-combatant status.

He was a danger to society and occurs the goverment.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs

By Ycon This man should of called a neighbor or if he was at work, another co-worker.

I'm curious, what do you think his co-workers or neighbours would have told him to do?

If I were his neighbor or co-worker, I would of helped him out. I know many people have turned cold blooded and would turn their backs on people in desparate need, but the right moral thing to do is help if possible.

Sometimes we have to sacrafice our time, miss the rest of the football game or give a little of our money to help others. Some day you may be in need but if you don't go out of your way to help people around you, there will be nobody there for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Does every thread have to be used as an opportunity to trash America? It's been said before and I'll say it again. If America isn't good enough for you, get the hell out.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Grady chill the f--- out !! we do like America we don't like our rat bast--- government

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by astral_ice
Grady chill the f--- out !! we do like America we don't like our rat bast--- government

I think you need to chill out. Better yet, speak with your MD about psychotropic medication and psychotherapy. Ours is a "government of the people, by the people, and for the people."

showcase.netins.net...

No one does justice to this nation by trashing it day in and day out on an international bulletin board at every opportunity. There are far more effective ways of addressing your political concerns.

[edit on 05/1/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Wanted to post something sensible. But you guys are just way too intimidating. Jeeze...!

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Well, "of the people" remains to be seen, they are recounting in Ohio...

But it's indeed funny to notice how threads about everyday events turn into political debates.....

[edit on 7-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Does every thread have to be used as an opportunity to trash America? It's been said before and I'll say it again. If America isn't good enough for you, get the hell out.
I've said this before and i'll say it again; NO. This is our country as much as yours. This country is made up of people like "us", who are citizens, pay taxes and contribute to society as much as the ordinary American born. If it werent for "us" the streets would be bare.
Your neighbors would all be gone. We dont like the current government so we should shut up? I dont think so
There are no "real Americans"
We're all Americans.
We CHOSE to live here because its the greatest country on earth, We dont want it overun by the Nazi. We definately care and you dont.
I've lost many in my family who fought for this country to keep it FREE.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
geesh................sounds like the cop was being a total hard a@@ on the guy.

i don't know what i would have done...............but i'm hoping that if and when this goes to court the judge will throw the case out.

poor guy!!

angie

df1

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
If America isn't good enough for you, get the hell out.

Your intolerance deeply offends me. You are nothing but a message board warrior that wouldn't have the freaking spine to make such remarks to my face. Go crawl back into your hole in redneckville and don't come back till you learn some manners.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Having had to drive someone to the hospital in a life-threatening situation before (as mentioned above, an ambulance wasn't practical here, as the short distance was faster with me driving, than a dispatch), I can certainly sympathize with the driver here, and can say that they need to give the guy a break here... His real stupid action was stopping in the first place...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Having had to drive someone to the hospital in a life-threatening situation before (as mentioned above, an ambulance wasn't practical here, as the short distance was faster with me driving, than a dispatch), I can certainly sympathize with the driver here, and can say that they need to give the guy a break here... His real stupid action was stopping in the first place...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Gazrok, was it not mention that he did stop? But due to the bad choice he did decide to where he did stop and not remain there, left him with the thought that the Police could see he was not a threat? Then for the Cop, Just follow for awhile and assist better what might being going on... Once at the ER, will prove that is why he did what he did? Bad Form on behalf of the Police.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Your intolerance deeply offends me. You are nothing but a message board warrior that wouldn't have the freaking spine to make such remarks to my face. Go crawl back into your hole in redneckville and don't come back till you learn some manners.

One, keep your assessments of me to yourself. Two, don't tell me what to do. Three, you obviously don't know who you are talking to and if ever there is anything you would prefer that I say to your face, send me a U2U, we can make arrangements to meet.

[edit on 05/1/7 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join