It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killed ISIS Commander’s Cell Phone Shows Direct Ties To Turkish Intelligence

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
With friends like Turkey who needs enemies, no ? Unless...they are just part of the whole organized program to remove Assad.. Which I do tend to believe.. To many times ISIS was in the open transporting oil and the supposedly coalition (USA et al) could not get permission to fire.

Since Russia has stepped in, there seems to be a bunch of CYA going on with who supplies and supports ISIS and other radical elements.

" Who me, who us, can't be we are fighting them" etc etc.

Whether this whole Mid-East thing is about a pipeline and cutting Russia off from supplying Europe with gas and oil or 10,000 other reasons I find it hard to believe anything coming out of official channels about ISIS and their sponsors. Like some have said on this very sight Putin seems to be the only one who has not spoken with a forked tongue when it comes to Syria..

Former US Department of State senior adviser David Phillips said, “Turkey’s role has not been ambiguous — it has overtly supported the ISIL. It has provided logistical support, money, weapons, transport and healthcare to wounded warriors.”

Baghdad, Iraq – An ISIS commander was killed in Salahuddin province and his body was searched. A cell phone retrieved from the corpse revealed messages from Turkish intelligence services proving the NATO country was providing security for ISIS militants when they traveled between Turkey and Iraq. This is the second NATO country implicated in assisting ISIS troops. The first was Canada.

The IS commander was killed by Hashd al-Shaabi, a loyalist volunteer force. Jabbar al-Ma’mouri, a leader within the force made the announcement. He said, “The mobile phone also contains other important information which cannot be disclosed now, and it has been delivered to the specialized security groups for further scrutiny.”

www.mintpressnews.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
ISIS having Turkey's intelligence app on speed dial should make everyone with even a passing interests evaluate what they have been led to believe about ISIS, Assad, and the whole middle eastern war on terrorism IMO.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hopefully they get out the "other important information which cannot be disclosed now" before the cell phone "gets lost in transit".

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If this is true Turkey should be booted out of NATO immediately.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I'm not sure anyone has offered definitive proof of Assad as some evil master mind. Sure, folks will say he did this or that, but that's just as easily home team propaganda.

Facts are, Syria is not a member of the Central Bank system, they have a key geography in regards present money making developments, but Assad is aligned ideologically or otherwise to the west's energy producing rival. So Assad must go and people must die in order for Western fascist pursuits to be realized.

IS has grown exponentially since Obamas red line and the huge uproar when we wanted to go in a couple years back.

It's fairly easy to imagine this gang of thieves are working for Turkey and by proxy NATO counties banking and corporate interests to me.

It's kind of like climate talk. ..corporations hold the Lions share of responsibility, if man is truly culpable, yet they want to tax citizens rather than regulate international business.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143
Possibly or they (Turkey) are just doing someone Else's bidding.

“They only appear to be enemies, however, they are friends,” the 20-year-old Abdulhadi, whose brother, Til Berak, is still fighting for IS told Sputnik Turkey. While Turkish nationals constitute only about “10 percent” of jihadists he had come across, the prisoner said Turkey is actively training Islamic State fighters.

“In August 2014, I was training in the Turkish town of Adana with one of ISIL’s Emirs,” Abdulhadi said, adding his month-long training was completed with 60 other fighters in a camp “not far from the airport.”

The captured IS soldier said military training was conducted by two officers and one of them only “spoke Turkish, so another one had to translate for him.”

“Once a week we had shooting classes where we were taught to use Kalashnikovs, machine guns and other arms,” the 20 year-old said. “We were trained in Turkey because ISIL's command thought it was safer here than in Syria because of the bombardments there.”

While the camp was officially declared to be one of the training grounds for the Free Syrian Army, the YPG prisoner says, “all sixty of those who were there were ISIL members.”

www.rt.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Its been pretty obvious someone somewhere has been propping up ISIS,Turkey have been caught with their fingers in the cookie jar I guess we sit back now and watch the blame game unfold

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Oh boy this is just a terrible propaganda piece. One of Assad's supporter finds a cell phone that has messages from the Turkish Intelligence showing Turkey is supporting ISIS. Because that is the way a clandestine intelligence operation would work.

Hello Mr. ISIS commander this is Turkish Intelligence we will be protecting you as you travel. No need for encryption, a third party handler or codes or any basic OPSEC. And do not worry about deleting this message. We will just communicate openly on a cell phone since nobody can intercept these things nor are they ever lost.

Man anybody who thinks this is the way the Turks would communicate with ISIS I have some prime swamp land to sell you.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Turkey have been caught with their fingers in the cookie jar I guess we sit back now and watch the blame game unfold

I guess it's all relative but I'm going with "thrown under the bus".

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I wish we could know the whole truth about where Turkey stands. Everything we see and hear is so propagandized it's difficult to know what to think.

(I also wish we knew the truth about where Russia stands, and the U.S. stands, and Qutar and the UAE, and Iraq, and Saudi Arabia). I don't know if it can ever be sorted out. In the end, they will tell us what they want us to believe.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Turkey have been caught with their fingers in the cookie jar I guess we sit back now and watch the blame game unfold

I guess it's all relative but I'm going with "thrown under the bus".

What are the starting odds ?..."Under the bus" is currently the favourite ...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad
Seymour Hersh report on Syria: White House knew US was arming Islamic State

Hersh reports that Lieutenant General Michael Flynn, director of the DIA between 2012 and 2014, told him that his agency sent a "constant stream" of warnings to the "civilian leadership" about the dire consequences of ousting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

The DIA's reporting "got enormous pushback" from the Obama administration, Hersh quotes Flynn as saying. "I felt that they did not want to hear the truth."

Hersh writes that the adviser told him the DIA/Joint Chiefs report took a "dim view" of the Obama administration's insistence on continuing to finance and arm the so-called moderate rebel groups and found that the covert U.S. program to arm and support those "moderate" rebels fighting Assad had been co-opted by Turkey, which then morphed the program into an "across-the-board technical, arms and logistical program for all of the opposition, including Jabhat al-Nusra and Islamic State."

www.upi.com...

Once you step away from the official propaganda line there are plenty of stories and indications nothing about this Syrian scenario is on the up and up.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have not seen it stated so far, but was the "hotline" as mundane as a saved dialed number, due to being once called, or was it an Icon on his desktop that could be a one-click? It would make a difference.
edit on 28-12-2015 by charlyv because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Agreed, and Libya, Tunisia etc...isn't it apparent to the whole world, yet nobody wants to talk turkey...they'd rather get involved in left and right arguments, social disparities, classic machivellian dialectic and the drum beats on.

This is about, money, power and control in the end. Turkey is the obvious punching bag being the most recent Caliphate, yet I'm sure they're as complicit as all the other NATO partners. Convenient how they trot out race war, religious bigotry etc... all the while continuing their progress.

Russia and all the rest are just as guilty in their own aggressions, it's just patently obvious they want the herd occupied with fighting over religion, climate etc...while each side try again and again to gain the upper hand.

Why anyone could consider voting for a Bush or a Clinton is beyond my capacity to understand. ...the real crux to your thread is way beyond Turkey being made the sole arbiter of ISILS origin.

edit on 28-12-2015 by BlueJacket because: spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

There is some pretty strong evidence supporting the fact that ISIS oil convoys have been moving in and out of Turkey for months.

Links between Turkey and ISIS are now 'undeniable'
Most smuggled ISIS oil goes to Turkey, sold at low prices – Norwegian report
ISIS Oil Trade Full Frontal: "Raqqa's Rockefellers", Bilal Erdogan, KRG Crude, And The Israel Connection

Smugglers have been moving oil and other things in and out of Turkey forever as they do across the Syrian Lebanese border, the Syrian Iraqi border and the Iraqi Iranian border not to mention along the entire Syrian Lebanese coast. ISIS oil has been going everywhere repackaged as Kurdish, Iraqi, Iranian ect. oil. Just as all the ammo for all the those Russian and Chinese weapons come in, sold by China and Russia to third party who then sells and smuggles it in to ISIS. Nobody over there has any sort of real border control. They never have. If you think Assad, Iraq, the Kurds as well as Turkey have not been buying ISIS oil labelled as somebody else your fooling yourself. It is like how Russia caught Belarus relabeling EU products and sold them to Russia. Smugglers do not care who they are buying or selling from and they are happy to make you feel like you are only dealing with legal traders.

The Turks have an agenda that includes a northern Kurdish and/or Sunni state in Iraq and northern state in Syria made up of Kurds, Turkmen, Assyrians and Syrian Arabs. Assad is in the way, ISIS is in the way and the Shia Iraqi are in the way. The Turks are working to move all of them out of the way. Once that is done the Turkish Kurds will have nowhere to operate from and Turkey will have a friendly border region. That is what he the Turks want. ISIS is a major road block to Turkish plans.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
There are many stories about ISIS and Turkey that does not just involve your run of the mill smugglers
www.activistpost.com...

It appears that the week of Christmas in 2015 is quite the low moment for Turkey’s public relations department. In addition to be revealed as one of the top purchasers of ISIS oil by many in the alternative media, the Russian government, and a number of other sources, Erdogan’s own son has been pointed out as one of the principal smugglers and the Turkish President’s own daughter as the Florence Nightingale of the caliphate. If that wasn’t bad enough, an independent report by a Norwegian oil consulting firm also confirmed that much of the ISIS oil was being shipped directly to Turkey. A Turkish party member even revealed that the terrorists who committed the chemical weapons attack in Ghouta most likely received their chemical weapons from Turkey and committed the atrocity with foreknowledge and assistance from Turkish intelligence.

Yet the hits to the Turkish government’s public relations just keep on coming, the latest of which involves statements coming from an ISIS member who was recently captured by Kurdish troops in Syria, who has revealed that not only is Turkey a primary buyer of ISIS oil but that ISIS fighters were being trained both in and by Turkey itself to be deployed into Syria. The captured fighter also revealed that the ISIS fighters on the ground do not take the American airstrikes seriously, viewing them as nothing more than show.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Is it possible Daesh are like double agents
Following orders from the west but really
Working for the other side

top topics

join