It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Indian River Drains Out for the First Time Revealing Incredible Ancient Secrets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

oh dear - snowflake is about to blow a gasket - lets pour some petrol on the thread .

How appropriate your user name....should be touchhole.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Are you trying to say the article is wrong ?

Not at all. I am questioning what they are used for. All the text in the world doesn't prove a thing. The world thinks the Pyramids were used for different thing, but who knows? I just don't buy into something because it's written somewhere. You sheeple shouldn't either.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: Revolution9

barking up the wrong tree here

Wasn't barking, just asking. Thanks.

"barking up the wrong tree":

"Phrase of bark
informal
be pursuing a mistaken or misguided line of thought or course of action.
"his wife thinks he's under suspicion, but I'm sure she's barking up the wrong tree""

"Barking up the wrong tree is an idiomatic expression in English, which is used to suggest a mistaken emphasis in a specific context. The phrase is an allusion to the mistake made by dogs when they believe they have chased a prey up a tree, but the game may have escaped by leaping from one tree to another.[1] The phrase means to mistake one's object, or to pursue the wrong course to obtain it."

It is just an expression OP. Sorry to have been so informal. I will say it in more polite terms.

You did not respect the article and made up a fanciful notion of what these are, which was wrong as the many replies here clearly demonstrate. You have to all intents and purposes mistaken your object.

Would you like to shoot me in the kitchen or bedroom, lol?

edit on 26-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

nah - quite happy with my current user name .

so you spammed ATS with a bollox click bait article - and made a load more crap up

now you are not prepared to accept the facts of the matter

my advice is get over it

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

You did not respect the article and made up a fanciful notion of what these are, which was wrong as the many replies here clearly demonstrate. You have to all intents and purposes mistaken your object.

Oh, please forgive me. I don't respect articles because articles are written by fallible humans, like you and I. They "prove" exactly nothing. Again, not mistaken, just asking.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

my advice is get over it

Ok, I'm over you. Think what you want, beloved.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
ha ha ha, boot moorings/ cleats my a@@. there is no way a rope would even stay there, there is nothing to stop it from slipping off the top. even if they were at relative clam lake the motion of the earth causing the little wave/ ripples would pull a rope off those stones.

as one poster put it, i'd tie off to a tree. i do it all the time when i go fishing and a couple of the rivers i go down / up have quite a current. plus you don't tie off to one that will bend or break that just stupid.
edit on 26-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

ha ha ha, boot moorings/ cleats my a@@. there is no way a rope would even stay there, there is nothing to stop it from slipping off the top. even if they were at relative clam lake the motion of the motion causing the little wave/ ripples would pull a rope off those stones.

I know, unbelievable. Ancient Egyptians, or someone long ago, built batteries for crying out loud. Why is this taken as so preposterous?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
eones arse :

i guess the three different sizes are for small boats, medium size boat and big a@@ boats. never mind all the other rocks around the that would have punched wholes in the boats of the period.

edit on 26-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

If all the text in the world doesn't prove a thing then how can one prove a thing ?

I guess you don't believe anything at all then ?

Yes for each of us it's about coming to our own conclusions from the data we are provided and using a little common sense, which is something you clearly lack if your original thought is these shrines worshiping the river are actually some kind of ancient power station

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
just to pull all the legs of this tail :

the fable presented in the OP source is now dashed acros the internut on 5 sites that i have googled :

but is it true ?

short answer - NO !!!!!!!!!

ALL the variants of this bollox are newly published - going back to september 2015 - and all crib off each other adding thier own embelishments .

the prooblem is - that its a well known site

here is a pic from 2013

the river levels go up and down - like any river

and the history of the site is well known - with a large portion of it created at the behest of a local monarch in the 18th century

no aliens - no woo woo - no powerplants - just religious devotion .

the take away m,essage of this thread is :

dont youse sensationalist click bate sites as your sources - and dont embellish such bollox with your own delusions .

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
In my opinion, it's a Shiva Lingam - the symbol for Lord Shiva, here's a sculpture from India below. It's a phallus representing the reproduction in nature.

Here's a more detailed explanation:

That's all to do with both female and male creation forces, the eternal endless cycle of creation and regeneration. Sometimes they can be square.

But it does look mechanical like a combustion engine assembly:

d2t1xqejof9utc.cloudfront.net...

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I know, unbelievable. Ancient Egyptians, or someone long ago, built batteries for crying out loud. Why is this taken as so preposterous?

I'm assuming you're referring to what is usually called the "Baghdad battery"? If so, it's not a battery at all. It has been shown that they are likely storage cylinders for parchments so in that context, both ideas are preposterous. The "Baghdad" or "Parthian" batteries date to about 200 BCE and were made by, surprise, the Parthians(250 BCE until ~ 225 CE). The voltage, approx. 1v, wasn't suitable for any purpose in the ancient or modern world.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Article said thousands . But yet only shows the same three. So from the initial thought to cutting the ribbon . I wonder how long the whole process took just to make these and when.
edit on 26-12-2015 by MajorAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It is not uncommon often they placed symbols of Shiva in the water , devotees pour water and milk on Shiva linga

According to the belief that ritual neutrlise the effects of intense heat when the Lord tried to swallow the poison that had emerged from the churning of the ocean.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Does anyone see what could possibly be a power grid or generator?

What was going on here?

It seems that the Indian river is giving up some secrets, and when I saw the carvings, a thought hit me like a ton of bricks that it looks like an electrical system. The water flow may have caused an electrical field at each node. The larger rocks have conical tops on them and they are all so precise. I don't believe that all the work required was for decorative purposes - it couldn't have been, could it?....Please post what you think, I just wanted to show this....Weird

it is quite intriguing but most of all. this may be the first time ive seen the evidence of the navajo indians having also been from teh same region, under the same spiritual guidance of the peoples who are now called Hindus. the asian cultural representation is absolutely clear. the world truly is one family under One God.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

it actually kinda is.. have u read the stories pertaining to the hindu Gods? yeah lot of space ship flying and fancy alien tech.

this is so amazing. i could not believe it when i saw those carvings.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

In my opinion, it's a Shiva Lingam - the symbol for Lord Shiva.

That it most certainly is.

It's a phallus representing the reproduction in nature.

More correctly, it represents a phallus inside a womb.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Not at all. I am questioning what they are used for. All the text in the world doesn't prove a thing.

They are linga/yoni. That sculpture is commonplace all over India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and other countries with large Hindu populations. It is one of the principal and reputedly most powerful symbols of the god Shiva.

Ignorant, arrogant people who would rather be wrong than contradicted are thoroughly contemptible, don’t you agree?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join