It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish president praised for talking man out of Christmas day suicide attempt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Snarky response aside whats your evidence making what you claimed as fact?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Out of curiosity, are you defending Erdogan because he's on the side opposite Russia?

You've never seemed to have had any issue saying something is propaganda before...

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Ok, you got me. I can't claim it to be 100% fact.

What does it look like to you. I'm actually interested as you seem a little standoffish today Xcathdra?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You can tell this guy was coerced into 'faking' he wanted to commit suicide, if i lived in a country like Turkey i'd have jumped. The guy almost looks worried after being take off the rail that he may have messed up while being ushered towards a non smiling Erodogan who was too busy chatting on his car phone to even hang it up.
This is Fake.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

No I am asking a poster, who stated as fact, to support it.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Not standoffish... I just get tired of people making claims they cant support.

Considering my chosen profession ive dealt with EDP's a lot. You cant really judge a persons mental state by photos. Even more so when we dont know why he supposedly wanted to kill himself. Add in the country and culture, not to mention how suicide is viewed in that country / religion / culture, and it muddys the water further.

Is attempting suicide a criminal offense there? If so what are the repercussions? Prison? Death sentence? No assistance / concern for mental health?

I've dealt with suicidal persons who became worse upon our arrival.

Killing yourself is one thing.. Having an audience doesnt help. Having people trying to stop you makes it worse. Having people trying to stop you who have the authority to detain for mental health evaluation, again, doesnt help...

I prefer to extend the benefit of the doubt that this guy needed help.
edit on 26-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Jeez you might be on the wrong site for that mate.

Have you heard of the word Conspiracy?

Merry Christmas buddy.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I think your point is fair enough, I just question your motivation and intent.

If Erdogan was, in this case, instead Putin, I don't have much doubt as to what you'd be saying. Though perhaps I would be wrong? Who knows.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Mate, this cretin is looking for any avenue to look good to his people. What better than being the savior to this plant on a bridge.

It's a physical metaphor for his sheep.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I would make the same argument and extend the benefit of the doubt to the suicidal person instead of dragging politics in and basing my view of what said politician does.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

True but again the focus should be on the suicidal man and not the politician.

Merry Christmas to you also man.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

This is a lovely story. thank you for posting it

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

People kill themselves all the time, I don't know why this could not have taken place. Is it propaganda sure it's meant to shine a good light on a president losing face in the world and at home, but perhaps a man did infact walk away alive and getting the help he needs. Dispair and agony is no laughing matter.

They don't all the time get stopped, especially by a President. This IS a story. It is uplifting.

It could have been staged, but no one knows. Why not just leave it as it is?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
You can tell this guy was coerced into 'faking' he wanted to commit suicide, if i lived in a country like Turkey i'd have jumped. The guy almost looks worried after being take off the rail that he may have messed up while being ushered towards a non smiling Erodogan who was too busy chatting on his car phone to even hang it up.
This is Fake.

From 3 pictures you can tell?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

There is no disagreement from me.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
All these knee-jerk reactions that [[x]] is staged, faked, scripted, airbrushed, false-flagged are themselves beginning to sound staged, faked, scripted. Most of the time there's not even any "because..." or "here's why..." or "here's how it was done..." just a naked allegation being brought forth, with a macabre relish.

The more egregious the crime, the sooner people jump in and post a simple allegation that it is faked. They are trolling to have others do all the work for them by agreeing or disagreeing. They then revel in the ensuing discussion as if it is some type of food. Or it is as if they collectively have the mind of a goldfish and the idea that something newsworthy or breaking is an illusion is itself like a divine vision with celestial music that they alone are having for the first time.

Lamprey parasites latching on to anything that moves people emotionally, to inject a type of venom that dissolves the genuine emotions into angst, paranoia and schizophrenic drivel.

That will be 5 cents, please.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: TechniXcality

People kill themselves all the time, I don't know why this could not have taken place. Is it propaganda sure it's meant to shine a good light on a president losing face in the world and at home, but perhaps a man did infact walk away alive and getting the help he needs. Dispair and agony is no laughing matter.

They don't all the time get stopped, especially by a President. This IS a story. It is uplifting.

It could have been staged, but no one knows. Why not just leave it as it is?

Because, it is a fraud!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Me thinks this man is a actor and the whole incident a publicity stunt. It doesn't seem like anyone in any of the photos looks distressed including the jumper. Looks like it all went according to plan.

Not uplifted. Not buying it.

edit on 26-12-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: TechniXcality

The guy is in complete control of ISIS, you think he gives two craps about some dude about to jump? lol. Maybe he is running out of terrorist and promised him a better way out.

NOTICE THE GUY IS WEARING AN ALL BLACK HAT!!!!!

Complete control of ISIS? Do you know how many ISIS attacks have taken place in turkey? Obviously not,

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Erdogan probably threatened to shoot his mother, or send him to Syria if he didn't get off the bridge

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join