It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish president praised for talking man out of Christmas day suicide attempt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

THE Turkish president is notorious for his gift of the gab, and it’s a trait he can now claim has life-saving abilities.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan used his celebrated rhetorical skills to save a life on Christmas day, preventing a distressed man from jumping off Istanbul’s Bosphorus Bridge.

The man was apparently preparing to jump to his death when Erdogan’s motorcade was passing over the bridge linking Europe with Asia after Friday prayers.
The presidential party quickly pulled over to offer assistance in an effort to dissuade the man from taking his own life.

The incident has generated plenty of headlines in the country and been seized upon by supporters to praise the leader, while others have still found a way to mock the

Turkish president praised for talking man out of Christmas day suicide attempt

OMG, I have see n it all now. In a vain effort to make this jerk look good, it most definitely looks like they have staged a feel good Christmas story worth it's weight in gold in the headlines. Who couldn't go past this on the shelves without feeling warm and fuzzy feelings when it came to one of the most idiotic, i'm in bed with ISIS dickwads to walk the planet.

Christ himself couldn't get a better headline even if he tried.

Thoughts??................................

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
We know it wasn't an ISIL suicide bomber, that's for sure

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

People kill themselves all the time, I don't know why this could not have taken place. Is it propaganda sure it's meant to shine a good light on a president losing face in the world and at home, but perhaps a man did infact walk away alive and getting the help he needs. Dispair and agony is no laughing matter.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It was probably a staged publicity event. If he wanted to boost support for himself, he might do something like that. He is getting a little flack from his countrymen because of his actions lately.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Thats A good Post.

edit on 25-12-2015 by loveproblem because: Sing pro

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Oh boy, here comes the Anti-Christ. The crap is getting deep these days, so much so I need to buy some waders when reading the news online lol.

Next thing we will hear is he healed a blind man with Erectile Dysfunction who can now see and well you know, LMAO!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The guy is in complete control of ISIS, you think he gives two craps about some dude about to jump? lol. Maybe he is running out of terrorist and promised him a better way out.

NOTICE THE GUY IS WEARING AN ALL BLACK HAT!!!!!
edit on 25-12-2015 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Look I'm not saying he is a " great man" but even evil men do good things, and the situation is so common that it has precedence, look the whole thing could be manufactured, or just the propaganda surrounding it. However if some guy walked away with his life and getting help, then I'm ok with that too. I am not defending Turkey, or the president.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Depression aside.

I see the story worked?.....ahem.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Worked in what way?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Pulling on your warm and fuzzies I see.......
Could it be real, or could it be a set up........

I understand depression better than the average man honestly. We won't go there. However, this guy is a complete and utter flog and will do anything to look good in the eyes of the countrymen. He is buying oil from Isis AND allowing the supply of arms to them also. Hey, he even lets them come right to the border and start massacring Kurds.

All I'm saying is it's a 100% set up FACT. Don't look any further than that my friend....honestly.

P.s I'm in no way trying to belittle you honest, I like your posts! I just feel it's a headline grabber to make him look good.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

If the story is actually true, and it seems to be, perhaps this will bring out a kinder, gentler President Erdogan in the future.
I hope Erdogan promised to help the man with his family problems.

Gosh, how bizarre and ironic a story!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Well I guess he can continue buying oil from IS now that he saved this guy.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

I think he's clawing for for people to love him after Putin has threatened to Pummel him into ash.

Oh, and I have no doubt he would.

Oopsie, I seemed to have pressed the buttonski!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

It's quite possible I get diluted and biased about certain things for certain reasons, and not to worry I enjoy banter and debate. I enjoy your posts as well, merry late Christmas brother

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Hey Man cheers! Merry Christmas to you too! Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Can you say 'Staged'? I can.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
none
edit on 12/26/2015 by awareness10 because: Aliens

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
All I'm saying is it's a 100% set up FACT.

Based on?

Whats your proof?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Awww c'mon now? Serious? Out of the kindness of his heart. Officers, news crew, Bridge, jumper, tears of joy, thanks etc.

Hmmmm definitely staged 100%

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join