It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Since this recipe makes a ton, Kevin took the leftovers to his friends the next day. Our friends’ reactions were hilarious:
“Oh my god.”
“This is made from Oreos?!?!”
“I’m going to be fat but it’s so worth it.”
“Can you marry me instead?”
I was having trouble keeping the white chocolate coating “pretty” too. Came up with this method which worked well for me: stick the tip of a chopstick into the frozen ball just enough to hold it there, spin the ball in the white chocolate to cover everything, then hold the chopstick vertically with the ball at the top and use the tines of a fork to lift the ball off the chopstick and set on your parchment paper. It keeps the smooth chocolate shell untouched, with only the bottom of the ball (which is hidden anyways) with any marks. Making these again today and will be using this easy method!
No-Bake Golden Oreo Truffles
...there are about a million Oreo truffle recipes floating around the internet. So why share this recipe with you? Well because it is just that good, it’s worth making some sort of exception for and because if there are any of you who haven’t tried this recipe yet, or who forgot about this recipe, I hope you’ll give it a go! You might love it as much as we do.
While I prefer a smoother texture, you can add some crushed candy canes into the cookie mixture for more peppermint taste and crunch.
39 regular Oreo cookies
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
16 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegetable oil
2 regular-size candy canes, finely crushed
The seasonal Peppermint Oreos are the key to making these cake balls perfect. The cookie is the traditional chocolate cookie that we all know & love, but the filling is red and peppermint-flavored! They are awesome all on their own, but when they are ground up and made in to cake balls, covered in chocolate and coated with crushed candy canes (or Starlight mints)? Oh – BABY! My family just went nuts for it and I hope that yours will too!
• 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
• 1 pkg (15.25 oz) OREO Cookies with Peppermint Cream, finely crushed (run them through a food processor for best results)
• 1 pkg candy melts (find them at your local craft store)
• 1/2 bag starlight mints or a few candy canes, finely crushed
Just FYI – if you can’t find Peppermint Oreos (they release certain varieties to certain stores) look for “Candy Cane Oreos” (I buy these at Target) or you can also replicate this recipe by using regular Oreos and adding 1 tsp peppermint extract to the cookie/cream cheese mixture!
I found peppermint Oreos at Target!
Mindi Cherry says
Yep! They call them “Candy Cane Oreos” there!
• 1 package Trader Joes Candy Cane Joe Joe's - about 16 ounces (or 1 package of regular oreos and 2 candy canes)
• 1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
• white chocolate
• dark chocolate
Sprinkle the reserved Oreo crumbles on top to garnish and then let the chocolate set and dry.
I placed the 10 mini candy canes into my food processor really crush them into a fine texture. The candy canes used for topping were crushed in a ziptop bag with a mallet.
• 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 1 box (13 ounces) Mini Oreo Candy Cane Cookies, finely crushed
• 10 mini candy canes, finely crushed (see note below)
• 16 ounces dark or white candy wafers
5 mini candy canes, crushed (optional)
Where did you find the mini candy cane oreo cookies? I can’t seem to locate them. These look so yummy and easy to make. Thanks!
I picked them up at Kroger. I hope this helps.
What brand candy wafers do you use? Mine never get to the point that I can spoon it out.
I love the Ghirardelli melting wafers! I hope this helps!
OREO Cookie Ball Reindeers
• 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
• 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
• 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
• Optional additions to decorate like a reindeer:
• 24 small twist pretzels
• 48 red hot candies
• 96 eye candies
Mint Oreo Cake Truffles
Make these Mint Oreo Truffles with chocolate cake and cream cheese for a simple sweet treat- perfect for gifting and holiday class parties.
Bake cake according to package directions and allow to cool. I made mine the day before. Using your hands or fork crumble up about half of the cake and add to the Oreo crumbs.
• 1 package Mint Oreos, Double Stuffed
• ½ of 9x13 prepared chocolate cake, cooled and crumbled (or one 9 inch round)
• 8oz cream cheese, softened
• 16 oz (2 Cups) melted chocolate for dipping (+ 1TBS shortening if needed)
• Sprinkles, extra chocolate for decorations if desired
No-Bake Thin Mint Cookie Truffles
• 1 (9 oz) package of Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies (or Keebler Grasshopper cookies)
• 1/2 package (4 oz) cream cheese, softened (I used fat free and it worked great)
• 1 (12 oz) bag Guittard’s Green Mint Chips (I just found these at the grocery store)*
In a food processor or blender, process and crush all of the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. NOTE: Do not over crush! You want a crumb, not a powder. If you do not have a food processor or blender, cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a Rolling Pin.
originally posted by: DaphneApollo
Those look sooo good have subscribed to save this one!!!!!
My recipe is an Avocado Pie. Been making it for over 25 years, but, it's a family secret. When I bring it to family functions, they ask " Where's yours." It's yum. LOL...
originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: Atsbhct
Whipped shortbread cookies.
I can inhale those things by the fistful !
They literally melt into a delectable buttery dream come true the minute they hit your tongue...