It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Is ‘Not My Abuela,’ Critics Say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Apparently, Hillary Clinton's insincere campaign outreach to the Hispanic community: “7 things Hillary Clinton has in common with your abuela”...has been met with ridicule from that very same community...and has given birth not only to a new political term: 'HISPANDERING'...but to a new Twitter Hashtag: #NotMyAbuela

IMO, Hillary Clinton has far more in common with Eva Peron, than she does any Latino's dear 'Abuela'...and the Hispanic community is coming down hard on her in order to let her know that pandering to Hispanics by using your grandchild-to-be, is unacceptable in their eyes.

7 things Hillary Clinton has in common with your abuela

www.hillaryclinton.com...

Another epic fail for 'Abuela' Clinton.

Hillary Clinton’s campaign for president has been savvy about talking to young voters in the parlance of the social web, using emojis, sleek graphics and other formats. But the list “7 things Hillary Clinton has in common with your abuela” seemed to backfire this week.

After Mrs. Clinton shared news of her daughter’s second pregnancy, a “content strategist” for her campaign posted the list, an effort to appeal to young Hispanic voters by pointing out how she was just like their abuelas, or grandmothers: She cares for all children. She reads to her grandchild before bedtime. She doesn’t tolerate disrespect.

Her critics were not impressed. Soon, the hashtag #NotMyAbuela was circulating as a critique of what some saw as a tone-deaf move to pander to a powerful but marginalized bloc of voters. Her critics pointed out that Mrs. Clinton did not grow up poor like their relatives, and was not separated from loved ones by country borders. Others just made their points with the magic of memes.

www.nytimes.com...

#NotMyAbuela
twitter.com...

edit on 23-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment and links added

edit on 23-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I am VERY caucasian. And when I say that, I mean I speak light Spanish and very light German. Enough to get me by in both languages. That being said, it takes ALOT of nerve to relate yourself to another culture especially when referencing their own language. To me this is the height of arrogance. Relate to people by being yourself, not by trying to be others or acting as if you can properly put yourself in their shoes. Be yourself, be real, and be honest. Also: speak you're own language for aliens sake.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConMi27

I am VERY caucasian. And when I say that, I mean I speak light Spanish and very light German. Enough to get me by in both languages. That being said, it takes ALOT of nerve to relate yourself to another culture especially when referencing their own language.

Ever hear her do her southern black person affectation?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
For Twitter, there is not a significant number of retweets or favorites. It is not 'trending' on twitter. If it was, i would call it an epic fail, but it isn't.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Sadly, Hillary doesn't need the Hispanic vote. She needs about 20% of the vote in 2 swing states to have the Electoral College give her the win.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ConMi27

I am VERY caucasian. And when I say that, I mean I speak light Spanish and very light German. Enough to get me by in both languages. That being said, it takes ALOT of nerve to relate yourself to another culture especially when referencing their own language.

Ever hear her do her southern black person affectation?

Noooo but Now I think I should haha thanks.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I just saw a chart that showed that Clinton still has a lot of Latino support followed, I think 20 percentage points behind, by Sanders, then everyone else like 10 percentage points behind him.

I'm finding these charts everywhere.. I just saw one that said 73 percent latino support for Clinton with sanders 3%.
edit on 23-12-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ConMi27

Here you go. It still puts in an appearance from time to time, too.

I wonder if the WaPo political cartoonist will draw Hillary with her monkey grandchild?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That video is embarrassing.
That woman has no shame.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hahahahahahahahahah..dats funny Po Hillary, I wished she would have gone with a northern black accent after all she was the senator from N.Y ..Brooklyn Hollla!! if ya feel me. hmm too bad she didn't do J-cans accent (Americans of Jamaican back ground) well perhaps we are just too politically and numerically insignificant , our biggest J-can to date was Colin Powell.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
...too bad she didn't do J-cans accent (Americans of Jamaican back ground) well perhaps we are just too politically and numerically insignificant , our biggest J-can to date was Colin Powell.

Wait a second. I always thought Jamaicans thought like Sicilians. One does not consider themselves black and the other does not think they are Italian.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

...too bad she didn't do J-cans accent (Americans of Jamaican back ground) well perhaps we are just too politically and numerically insignificant , our biggest J-can to date was Colin Powell.

Wait a second. I always thought Jamaicans thought like Sicilians. One does not consider themselves black and the other does not think they are Italian.

Huh?? who told you that lie, well technically Jamaica is a nation made up of folks that originated from all over the globe, so it could be true you can run into non Black Jamaicans, but rest assured the vast majority of Jamaicans identify themselves as blacks, Jamaica is the home of Marcus Garvey, Bob Marley, Rastafari and back to Africa movement, but like Sicilians they can be a bit clannish at times, regardless of original ancestry.

^^This pretty much sums up the average Jamaican attitude of self.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Huh?? who told you that lie...

My friends from Jamaica.

I know they are joking (sort of) but it does remind me of how Sicilians act.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Huh?? who told you that lie...

My friends from Jamaica.

I know they are joking (sort of) but it does remind me of how Sicilians act.

Well some do have a thing for old line AAs, perhaps that was what you detected but that usually disappears with time and the 2nd generation .

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yep!

Shes's got it down pat people.

Whisper sweet nothings in to the masses ears. Tell them how 'special' they are.

Make them feel all warm inside.

Then the after election day comes the walk of shame.

Hilary Clinton is not my president.

I hope she never will be.
edit on 24-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
She's not an amoeba?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

She's just like every grandmother I have known. We all know that grandma would make a great president.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ha, let the "Monica Lewinsky's e,-boyfriends, wife'" supporters come to the defence! After all, it's Christmas Eve

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Three words for clinton:

Out Of Touch

Cant stand the fake b****!!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT

Sadly, Hillary doesn't need the Hispanic vote. She needs about 20% of the vote in 2 swing states to have the Electoral College give her the win.

Yep, when you look at how many electoral college votes the Dems have right from the start, it's pretty much their election to loose. They're going to have to nose dive miserably in order to do so, or intentionally throw the election.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join