It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's bombing in Syria has killed hundreds of civilians - new report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Who cleans up all the bodies?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO - RUSSIAN BOMBS KILLS 43 CIVILIANS

Real face of war for civilians in any conflict .

War must be outlawed soon.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Pretty much it in a nutshell.

The coalition have also killed civilians.

War = death and destruction.

Don't blame Russia, blame that nasty, nasty Al Zawahri cleric who called all Muslims to war in order to set up an Islamic state.

Russia (and the coalition) are just trying to stop ISIS from taking over completely. The people in ISIS are pond scum and gleefully murder anyone in their way.

I can guarantee that for every casualty from Russia / US coalition forces there are a thousand caused by those ISIS SOBs

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

I totally agree with your last sentence.
Who the bombers were is not clear though.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: 23432

I totally agree with your last sentence.
Who the bombers were is not clear though.

So, what is your solution to the crisis in Syria?

How would you stop the genocide of minorities?
How would you ensure a fair and secular government that represents everyone is assembled?
How would you stop ISIS?

War is terrible, everyone on the street like you and me loses

But

I think you'll agree there is no easy answer to the questions I pose. We can't let ISIS continue to slaughter gays, Christians, atheists, women, children etc etc just because we don't want to oppose them with force.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

So you will come down on Russia, and RT saying they dilute the truth... But you will accept that which ever country you align with was bombing in Syria and had zero responsibility in taking the lives of innocent non combatants......

I may not smell the bull, but I will not accept your # either sir.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Don't blame Russia,

Well, we blame the US when civilian are killed.

The point of my OP was to question whether Russia will ever learn - or care - because they do not have a media that is able to openly report mistakes and military approach. In the West, and in past conflicts, the media has played a vital role in constraining the behaviour of the military. Without such scrutiny Russia may be on the verge of committing terrible and avoidable war crimes a la Grozny, Chechnya.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

We have to accept civilians are going to die.

what we need to do is stop prolonging the excruciating and unrelenting agony of those caught in the crossfire.

I've been saying since October that Russia and the USA need to work together on this one. Two superpowers working together are better than one and could end this nightmare sooner.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Russia is not part of the west, thus criticizing it is forbidden!
So please stop, and lets continue blaming USA for everything.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If one is abolute neutral to this, one can see that borth the US and Russia have done bad thing in their quest to fight terrorism.

Both side have done bad and evil Things to push for their geopolitical interests.

We the idiots blame the messanger.... Like RT and Fox News and so on. No Wonder Russia and the US can keep on going With their evil. We are only blaiming their Tools (media) for not working properly. But according to them they are doing their job perfectly.

There is a reason why we are in the state we are in. And there is a reason why we are being set up to blame the Tools being used. This is politics and political correctness at work.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
.......or maybe, just maybe -- when we begin vehemently objecting to people being killed in wars it's time to stop going to wars.

What if you hosted a war and nobody came?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Who's fault is it that this accidental event happened? Is it Russia's or the people who actually started the conflict? If it is ISIS who they were bombing, it is ISIS who caused this to happen. In the wars of the past there were tons of civilian casualties, who's fault was it, it actually was the one who started the war's fault.

The innocent people dying in the military bombings over the last ten years have actually been really light. ISIS has killed a lot of innocent people though. So have a lot of the other radical groups like Al Qaeda.

It would be nice if none of this was happening but in wars, many civilians usually die in war zones.

Worth to listen to this comparison of conflict airstrike rate its a two minute flash source within a BBC page shame, I cannot add as a video..
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

The coalition have also killed civilians.

And as far as the US...they have tried to keep that to a minimum or none at all if possible/

In fact it is shown that they have not bombed ISIS in areas because they were embedded with the civilians, but that doesn't mean all coalition forces do the same.

Don't blame Russia, blame that nasty, nasty Al Zawahri cleric who called all Muslims to war in order to set up an Islamic state.

WHy not, it was their bombs who did it...As for the a Muslim war, Putin is only making this bad for Russia in the future because once Syria is dealt with they are going to have some battle hardened and trained jihadist that will need a new fight, and Russia may be that place.

Russia (and the coalition) are just trying to stop ISIS from taking over completely. The people in ISIS are pond scum and gleefully murder anyone in their way.

I may not agree with you on many things...this time isn't one of them.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
another lie this amnesty not international it amnesty of nwo. now I'll make you gap of pattern , it youtu.be... meeting in Syria , where Russian and white write THANKS RUSSIA
edit on 24/12/15 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Oh I am pretty sure they are using many things at there disposal and there are casualties on all fronts. Such is the way in wars, and always have been, you would have to be brain dead to believe that when any country or nation bombs any place everybody there is cobra commander and co hatching plans all day and night in underground bunkers. Even when taken over by other groups like ISIS its still going to be your round of the mill people trying to survive and life day by day and now paycheck by paycheck, it just so happens that now ISIS with our great help is cutting there paychecks, and being a mercenary may just be a way of life, because it pays no matter who is in power and is likely the more stable of jobs in that region.

The best thing that could have happened to the middle east was if nobody came there to help them and nobody bothered either. I mean look at what happened up and till today. Then they could have flourished and developed there own way and nations, but now you got puppet states and puppet people all lead by puppet fools.

The war economy is running on shadows of its former self, the US is not alone in this fault, Russia to and every other state and nation, the days of the cold war is over, but we still have all these big huge military machines standing around with nothing to do but twiddle there thumbs. So whats the brilliant idea that our best minds straight out of our fancy military collages and Harvards and what not have come up with?

Oh ya, more of the same to self propagate more of the same and keep the war economy going. After all it worked so great in times past, quite literally raised a nation out of depression. But if you all are not careful now a days it will take you all into another greater depression...We probably would have been better off letting them and paying them large and absurd amounts of money so they could just stay around twidling there thumbs, been much more cheaper to.

Creating boogie men to continue to play the endless cycle of this farce is pointless. But it is not without its fruits or profit or else nobody would be there to begin with. If in these years we would have put all the money that went into these farces into other things we would have likely had cities on mars by now or at least basses...But hey, pocket greasing and the sticking to the tried and true is quite a habit to break.

As for Russia. Oh ya! There just getting in on the game, because the game was intruding on there boarders more then they liked. And so, I think everybody is thinking that things will go down as nice and tidy as they did after the onset of WW2 when everybody cruzed along with the technological revolution and the war economy and manufacturing was booming, the cold war they called it. But things may not play out quite like that. Most especially for those on the ground floor getting a more in your face experience of things.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

There are reports that Russia is also using white phosphorous, which is very, very nasty

As opposed to being blown up and becoming flying mince?

Anyway, what's your point here? AND what other way of WAR would you like? The nice clean surgical one the news normally portrays to you or would you like the raw truth?

War is terrible, War is death on a large scale. War is War?

Do you think the coalition go around knocking on doors making sure families and children are safely removed before they blast the crap out of a district?

I'm afraid you are as misguided as a Russian bomb if you truly believe that my friend.

The fact that you respond to this thread like this tells us you have a very DISGUSTING and NASTY agenda filled with hate for anything Muslim. You belong on stormfront, not ATS.

Could care less if no one else has the balls to say it.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The thing is that in western democracies, collectively killing everyone to get to a portion of scum deliberately hiding amongst civilians (deception is the art of war - Sun Tzu) would be met with an avalanche of protests across the political correction spectrum.

Russia is likely not concerned about the public fury and blowback and they will simply point to US military atrocities where similar tactics also resulted in the death of innocents.

If this is a deliberate tactic by Russia, the populations in the region should sit up and take note, because Russia may continue to employ this strategy of collective killing with the end result being scores of innocents dead as well as ALL the terrorists - it's a sure fire way of having the local populations weed out and expose the terrorists from within their midsts - if they want to live.

The loss of one innocent life is unacceptable to any sane person, so we must ask ourselves - what has led to Russia or indeed any outsider becoming involved in such a war in the first place? ISIS should reap the blame too for this tragedy, because it's due to their existence that this happened in the first place.

Perhaps "terrorists" are hiding amongst civilians because THEY ARE CIVILIANS?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

We have to accept civilians are going to die.

what we need to do is stop prolonging the excruciating and unrelenting agony of those caught in the crossfire.

I've been saying since October that Russia and the USA need to work together on this one. Two superpowers working together are better than one and could end this nightmare sooner.

The U.S. and russia are the reason this conflict exist (by orders of Israel). Had russia and US never got involved in affairs they have no business in, especially after 9/11, but even before that, such as the "gulf war" which no one seems to know was about.

So the U.S. and Russia are the cause of these civilians being killed like this.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Anyway, what's your point here? AND what other way of WAR would you like?

One fought with courage and personal involvement, not faceless slaughter from above. Russia is making the same mistake that the United States made in its more recent follies. Islam emerged from a warrior culture; it views the battlefield as a place to demonstrate one's virtue: courage, strength, belief in the after-life rewards for serving one's god. This explains why Muslims will prove their faith by becoming human bombs. Like the Americans before them, the Russians are proving themselves to be cowards who are unwilling to risk their lives in personal combat while targeting innocent women and children. The only response is to prove Islam's moral superiority to the decadent infidels by striking against Russian civilians with valiant suicide bombers.

The only way that Daesh can be defeated is if non-millenialist Muslims defeat it on a glorious battlefield: Dabiq. Western involvement is not required.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

The U.S. and russia are the reason this conflict exist (by orders of Israel). Had russia and US never got involved in affairs they have no business in, especially after 9/11, but even before that, such as the "gulf war" which no one seems to know was about.

So the U.S. and Russia are the cause of these civilians being killed like this.

No-one knows about the Gulf War? Both the United States and Russia take orders from Israel? I thought Daesh were supposed to be better at propaganda than that. (I can only assume that is where you are getting this sort of disinformation.) Civilians are getting killed because Daesh wants to bring on the apocalypse. It is all part of their plan. You either Submit or die. (Even if you submit, you die, but are rewarded.)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join