It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Noah Curse his Son Ham's Son Canaan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

That statement I made about Gnosticism being a trap and a dead end just like all other religions includes Catholicism.

Gnosticism and Catholicism are no different, they both have the same agenda and the same source.

Concerning Christians burning the Library of Alexandra...

It never happened, it is more propaganda, just like Gnosticism.

Same dog, different trick.

The most likely perps were Julius Caesar, Muslim Khalif Omar, or the Catholic church.

The early Catholic church burnt thousands of books making them the most likely culprit IMHO.

EDIT I: infolurker's post about this makes a LOT of sense as well, am very curious about the source...

EDIT II: I am 100% convinced that the Catholic 'church' created Islam, so in a sense the point could be moot.

The tale of a Christian destruction of the Great Library—so often told, so perniciously persistent—is a tale about something that never happened.

www.jonsorensen.net...

edit on 23-12-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plantagenet
First of all, if I understand correctly:

Ham is Noah's youngest son ( or grandson?)

Canaan is Ham's son.

Noah (in Genesis 9:20) cursed Canaan for Ham seeing his father (Noah) naked and telling his brothers Shem and Japhet who then walked in backward and covered his nakedness and told Noah what Ham did.

Why Curse Ham's son (Canaan) for Ham's wrongdoing?

And what was Ham's wrongdoing anyway?

Seeing his father naked and telling his brothers instead of just covering him up and forgetting about it?

Cursing by association. Ham was wicked, therefore in raising Canaan, he would raise a cursed son, teaching him cursed ways.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Of course the Israelites were trying to wrestle the land from the Canaanites.

You remember this God is a real estate agent.

So those who wrote the Bible were just trying to make their enemies look bad.

Then the same God needed a son to torture on a cross to redeem mankind

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I will answer the OP title question and give a little more insight to what happened and why he was cursed.

Because it was considered evil to curse someone that God has blessed.

Read the section of Scripture and just before that God blessed Noah and his sons.

Gen 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
7 And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein.
8 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,
9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;
10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.
11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.
18 And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan.
19 These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.
20 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:
21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.
22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.
23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.
24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
26 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
27 God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

So Noah placed the curse on his son Canaan out of fear of becoming Gods enemy if he cursed Ham.

But many don't understand and you can follow this throughout the KJV Bible but when it says that Noah knew what his son did unto him. The word "knew and know" indicates it was carnal/sexual knowledge of a person.

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
Gen 19:4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
Luke 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

Placing the curse on Canaan would hurt the line of Ham for what Ham had done.

edit on 23-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767actually the scriptures do not back much of your assumption. You may be correct but we just only know that God saw that men were wicked and corrupted by the Fallen ones called the sons of God. that there way was wicked

Gen6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's always amusing to watch how people will get themselves all bent out of shape when trying to interpret a work of fiction in a literal manner. By all means, carry on.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
He was passed out drunk (which is the sin) but naked in his own tent. He was not walking around in public.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
You will find many times in the Bible God chooses the younger over the elder.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
He never got drunk, thus naked either, so he didn't curse him.
Just more perverse stories forged into the Book of God from perverse priests - they have hardly left any prophet without inventing perverse and offending stories about them.

The prophets of God were above things the evil priests wrote about them.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

King Saul was a prophet and he lied and disobeyed.

King David was a Prophet and he committed Adultery.

King Solomon was a prophet took 300 wives and had 1000 concubines and worshipped Idols

Jonah was a prophet a disobeyed God.

I would say that you were wrong and the Bible was right.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Understanding what the Bible says is a lot different than understanding how to read the Bible. For example knowing there has been changes made to the statements topic to cover the facts is not enough. To begin one must realise only slight changes were made to hide what is hidden kind of like a candy Apple. The Apple remains yet at first sight without knowing the facts there is no Apple.

An explanation for the question at hand is far from easy to explain in its entirety. Be reassured though that having the knowledge first is how the lie is exposed. For instance the change made to the topic questioned is cursed. Changed from killed. How is that a fact is now the question possibly.
The actual defintion of naked in the Bible is to have a physical identity.
Decided to be quite blunt about explaining what is meant because in its entirety would be writing a book about the subject.
To be continued.
edit on 23-12-2015 by Poppe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The continuation. Not so much the story of Noah.

A resurrection occurred recently yet not as recent as one might think in terms of time measurement. When the ressurrection occurred the dead had a choice to make in terms of how to live which had endless possibilities being invisible with the know how of how to create a physical identity. There are those that simply rob corpses from graves to those who haunt creating suicides while selling the victims or or and the buildings they reside in on the internet to then either live as the victim or reside in the building as the victim.
That is basically as blunt as it gets.
Then there are those that sell the body also while moving on with the plan which has a targeted victim usually.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Those that wonder what is the strange changes happening to the moral of society while simply noticing changes in the neighborhood which is happening worldwide. The questions have been answered.
Quite bluntly indeed.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
How suicide one might ask or Why suicide. A lot of work is put into the task by simply residing with the victim while making the victim think insanity has crept in. Simple things like moving objects. Hiding objects to then return objects where lost. A long list of tricks like messing with the laptop or phone. Controlling emotions causing outbursts creating a visible problem with the victim to be when friends or family then think the victim may be suicidal. It is then the suicide occurs unless of course a purchase is made allowing the murder to happen which suits the murderer because believe it or not they know not to steal money. Stealing money is like stealing the identity yet stealing the identity is different it seems.

It would surprise people how simply not being able to find a shoe can affect the average human being.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Noah on the other hand is a different case entirely because Noah wasn't dead. To see Noah naked was like a conviction had the son not been killed. Conviction not on the terms of guilt because it seems Noah according to the Bible had the right yet to be seen created a judgement which according to the Bible would have been unfair which is why the son was killed.
Point being those that think taking a verse from the Bible is explainable with a verse or two have a lot to think about.
For example Ezekiels dream explains in detail what happened on the day America said We will never forget. By in detail it is meant in detail what happened before. What happened on the planes. What happened later in the day. Thinking about writing a thread on that dream.
edit on 24-12-2015 by Poppe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
One might ask why change from killed to cursed as opposed to punished answered simply by revealing the clever creation of a false accusation of using witchcraft. Kind of like a war of words happening in the Bible with the lie verses the fact.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ham was told to eat Canaan.
Problem solved.
Seemingly.
Another lie exposed.
A lie exposed saying Ham wasn't the son of Noah. Canaan was.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

I remember having similar sentiments about the story of Isaac and Saul. I vaguely remember Saul getting screwed over/outcasted for something trivial. Always felt for the guy..

Isaac was the father of Jacob and Esau, there is no story about a Saul involving Isaac. only two Sauls come to mind that i can think of, one was King Saul, who i kinda always felt for, he was a pretty good king until he stopped listening to Samuel and started screwing up all the time,then God took his Kingdom away, and gave it to David.

then there was Saul of Tarsus, better known as Paul. and there no way to get him confused with any of the old testament people.

the only two things i can think of concerning Isaac are, when Abraham sent Hagar and Ishmael out of the camp, and then Esau who Jacob cheated out of his birth right, and tricked Isaac for the blessing.

in any case many believe both Ishmael and Esau became patriarchs of nations which God said the would.
Ishmael is believed to be the patriarch of Ishmaelites / Arabs.
Esau is believed to be the patriarch of Edomites, some folks want to say that they are Arabs to, but some biblical scholars think they have merged into other nations and will reemerge in the end times.
edit on 24-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Why the war of words one might ask.
The Bible is the differences between who arrived first staking the claim against mankind who they created with gods. Knowing is knowing from that standpoint we were here first.

Yet knowing is a type of slavery because to know breeds a positivity which disallows thought in a sense of searching to find the answer which makes sense by means of being correct instead of to know. A perfect mind. To be a free mind. There is no such thing as perfection. Those that know have no sense of being. They simply react is all they do because they know.
Slavery at its finest. They demand pity without even realising it. Pity they will not receive except from who they should be thankful for.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Who is to blame one might ask.
Blame is not the issue.
Why not is.
Hense the story of Noah.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join