It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quiet Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The newly fallen snow sparkled in the cold moonlight, reflecting the rainbow of colors which danced overhead. The lights of the aurora twisted sensually with each other. The greens entwined with blues which in turn melted purple into the reds. The heavens created the perfect stage, the wide universe was the only fitting backdrop for such an incredible show. The lights played with the stars rather than blotting them out, at times simply magnifying their beauty with a simple highlight of color. At others they would strengthen and run solid across the sky like a wall of light slashing through anything in its path, and fade again into near nothingness.

Then the dance would start again in earnest. Ribbons of green and blue would bounce from mountain top to mountain top, at times peeking shyly through the valleys. Curtains of red fire were being pulled across the immense stage between acts. They were acts of love and defiance being played out in the cosmos. Rainbows wrapped up in each other only to run away to gain momentum to clash together again. Forever drawn together as they are were ripped apart. As the night wore on, the players faded slowly one by one, at last leaving a simple green glow over the snowy land. A final peaceful watching companion to the moon. Together they gazed over the sleeping masses, forever oblivious to the miraculous wonders played out over their sleeping heads. By morning the only rainbows left were those on the ground. The Aurora had imbued the coldest of snows with their colors to share them with the waking world.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Nice!! Always glad to see someone Human
edit on 20151223 by Anansi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Anansi

Thanks.
I figured this would be the best place to put something out to the world.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That was so beautiful and enchanting! Amazingly wonderful!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You always have the option of calling yourself a nut or a conspirator in here, thats why i love it

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That was so unexpected and so beautiful. I love how the earth and our sky comes alive in your writing, but by being unseen - with no witnesses - there is a poignancy to their dance that is both painfully sad and yet defiantly mischievous.

A mere S&F to show my appreciation. Merry Christmas x

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thank you everybody!
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas as well!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Beautiful story, really enjoyed the imagery

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Very beautiful, thank you for sharing.

top topics

join