It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Missing an Entire Day, Rather, I Apparently Slept Through It.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That so sounds like how I get out of having to deal with hyperactive kiddos over a long weekend, I pick a whole bunch of stuff to do the first day like Fridays, then over load them on that day, Saturday is all to me and the wife because the kiddos are so tuckered out that they sleep til noon...

ROFL.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ

That so sounds like how I get out of having to deal with hyperactive kiddos over a long weekend, I pick a whole bunch of stuff to do the first day like Fridays, then over load them on that day, Saturday is all to me and the wife because the kiddos are so tuckered out that they sleep til noon...

ROFL.

LOL

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

That is weird, i had an odd experience the day before that was the opposite of yours i didn't think to much of it till reading your post

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It's scary when that happens. Something like that happened to me once. I was supposed to meet a friend at 6 PM when he get off of work. I showed up at 6 am. Mind you, this was in winter when it was dark at both 6 am and 6 pm and I was stuck working 3rd shift at the time and taking medication for migraines to boot.
One thing about sleeping pills: Always keep track of when you take a pill. I've heard of people forgetting they took one so they take another, and another. They eventually overdose and it doesn't end well. So, keep track of it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I normally take a sleeping pill along with the last dose of my mild anxiety medication. I didn't take the sleeping pill.

This could be a clue as to your hypersleep. Sleeping pills suppress both deep sleep and REM sleep (rapid eye movement sleep). If you "normally" take a sleeping pill before turning in, you are going to end up, paradoxically, sleep-deprived.

REM sleep in particular seems to be a vital component of sleep, so taking a substance on a regular basis which suppresses that will make you deprived of REM sleep and your brain will catch up as best it can when it gets the opportunity.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

God that's creepy

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hi Reldra, hope all is OK with you!

Seems like every year at the Winter Solstice, I have several days when I am extra groggy. If left to my own devices, I could so see me sleeping round the clock for a day or two.

Curious if you have ever noticed similar?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It might be the fact you didn't take your sleep aid.

Occasionally when I have forgotten a dose of my meds, I found all I wanted to do was sleep, really strange weakness and very tired, could be related to withdrawal .
edit on 23-12-2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

I normally take a sleeping pill along with the last dose of my mild anxiety medication. I didn't take the sleeping pill.

This could be a clue as to your hypersleep. Sleeping pills suppress both deep sleep and REM sleep (rapid eye movement sleep). If you "normally" take a sleeping pill before turning in, you are going to end up, paradoxically, sleep-deprived.

REM sleep in particular seems to be a vital component of sleep, so taking a substance on a regular basis which suppresses that will make you deprived of REM sleep and your brain will catch up as best it can when it gets the opportunity.

i agree, was thinking same thing

top topics

<< 1   >>

join