It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama plays the race card

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
a reply to: strongfp
You're looking at states' total population. The voting populace is much smaller.

Upwards of 95% of black votes went to Obama in both elections. An easy google search can show you this is true.

Isn't voting in the US anonymous?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm always amused when I read things like...."Mr. Obama, I won't be sorry to see you go."

There's a whole lot more wrong with the US than Obama. Obama's just a symptom of many larger problems and powerful undercurrents running through the body politic. I suspect that people who will be happy to see Obama gone believe that once he's gone somehow everything will revert to a pre-Obama normal; that they'll finally get "their" country back. There's no going back. Its over. You can stick a fork in it.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Obama is right.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Exit polling.

Media outlets all want to be the first to call the winner. They try keep up with these stats.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Some of the hate, the inability to accept that he is who he says he is... is because he is biracial. There's no point in denying that.

Some of the hate is well earned.

Some of the hate is typical partisan politics.

Much of what he says regarding social issues, is correct.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Right about to expire;

I liked this interview about Obama~Care on Sunday-

The Affordable Care Act is "making families pay double-digit premium increases."

Paul Ryan on Sunday, December 20th, 2015 in comments on 'Meet the Press'

www.politifact.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Mr. Obama, I won't be sorry to see you go. I only hope that you go quietly, and disappear along with your message of ignorance.

LOL...you think that he even has the capacity to disappear quietly?

While I'm no big fan of "W" and some of what he did as president, I do applaud the way that, in the face of all the blame and rhetoric and hatred toward him, he has quietly sat in the shadows and respected the fact that he is no longer the president. He doesn't voice opinion on many matters, he doesn't pass judgment on Obama, and he just leaves it all alone.

That is an admirable way to let the office go--I'm not convinced that Obama's ego will let him do that.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Obama Bin Laden is the first half-African American President elected by a majority white populace and he still wants to play the race card. What a joke!

He is biting the hand that fed him and stirring more racial animosity for political gain.

edit on 21-12-2015 by PresidentCamacho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I believe Obama is one of the most racists individuals we have had in any public office in my lifetime. And that includes David Duke and Admiral Byrd. He continues to push towards separation of the races. He tries to undo decades of work done by leaders of people who strive for equality of all races.

Mr. Obama, I won't be sorry to see you go. I only hope that you go quietly, and disappear along with your message of ignorance.

Couldn't agree more. I can't wait either. Nor can this dude.

It's funny ^^^ LOL

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Not the first playing of the race card by Obama....but if im being honest, he is right. Its not like a majority....but there is a pretty decent swath of the nation that has a problem with his race.

I am not so blind as to believe that racism isn't still an issue, but when you hear any group talking about how bad Obama is, or why they think he is an awful president, you don't hear, "Well, it's cuz he's black", you hear reasons like, "he destroyed the heath care system", or "he's dismantling the military", or "He is using Chicago style politics to get his way", or "He disregards what the people want and does what he wants instead".

I suppose race does play a factor in things, but it seems only in the things HE brings up.

He has the entire world looking at him and hearing what he has to say, and instead of working toward bringing Americans together as the HUMAN RACE, he continues to divide us based on the color of skin.
I think it's pathetic and a huge slap in the face to every person who has ever tried to move us forward in race relations.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I would applaud your assessment but it's 180° in the wrong direction. American race relations are at a 20 year low. People voted for obama because he's black. To deny it is to lie to yourself.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Never let a crisis go to waste.

Obama Inc. loves the crisis factor.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Its not like a majority....but there is a pretty decent swath of the nation that has a problem with his race.

Yeah, I know many don't like the fact that he's half white!
Oh you meant the black part...as in, white people are racist of black people...

But, I can clearly see that black people are more racist towards white than white people are towards black. Justified or not, I think pretty much every white person has been called racist at least one time in their lives by a black person.
edit on 21-12-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I'm always amused when I read things like...."Mr. Obama, I won't be sorry to see you go."

There's a whole lot more wrong with the US than Obama. Obama's just a symptom of many larger problems and powerful undercurrents running through the body politic. I suspect that people who will be happy to see Obama gone believe that once he's gone somehow everything will revert to a pre-Obama normal; that they'll finally get "their" country back. There's no going back. Its over. You can stick a fork in it.

There are many things we as people have no control over. What we say and how we act, is not part of that list. Those things are what makes us, us. And in my opinion, this article is just a reminder of the things Obama says and how he acts.

He has an opportunity to change the world for better or worse. I believe he let hate take over, and is driving towards worse. His message is much like Farrakan's. It's in his actions, and subtlety in his words.

One day, a true leader will step up, and I believe people will listen. And it is my hope that we can look past how much pigment is in your skin to determine your worth in society.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

First of all, that "Mexican Wall" is to keep illegal aliens out, and the muslim blocking is to keep potential terrorists out. Most voted against obama because of his turd stained policies, not because he's black. That overused race card is the oldest lie in his 7 year term.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Right about to expire;

The Affordable Care Act is "making families pay double-digit premium increases."

www.politifact.com...

You're right, as well. He is on his way out.

Sad thing is, things are shaping up for at least 4 more years of a democrat in the White House.

As bad as Obama and the Dems are, the Republicans still can't get their act together enough to take the WH.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Not the first playing of the race card by Obama....but if im being honest, he is right. Its not like a majority....but there is a pretty decent swath of the nation that has a problem with his race.

Is there even any evidence of this outside of hearsay? I've seen plenty that only voted because he's black (video evidence), including people like Samuel L. Jackson, but I've yet to see where anyone said they're voting against him because he's black.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Is there even any evidence of this outside of hearsay? I've seen plenty that only voted because he's black (video evidence), including people like Samuel L. Jackson, but I've yet to see where anyone said they're voting against him because he's black.

Ever been to a Tea Party rally?
edit on 21-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Right about to expire;

www.politifact.com...

You're right, as well. He is on his way out.

Sad thing is, things are shaping up for at least 4 more years of a democrat in the White House.

As bad as Obama and the Dems are, the Republicans still can't get their act together enough to take the WH.

And that is a sad truth. The dems are trying to offer a criminal and the republicans are trying to offer anything but what the public seems to want. It seems it's time for both parties to be put in their place. But with so much money involved in the political machine, it's highly unlikely that will ever happen. Just wait to be told weather to vote for the Giant Douche or the Turd Sandwich.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join