It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama plays the race card

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

President Obama said in a radio interview airing on Monday that Donald J. Trump, a leading contender for the Republican presidential nomination, is exploiting the resentment and anxieties of working-class men to boost his campaign. Mr. Obama also argued that some of the scorn directed at him personally stems from the fact that he is the first African-American to hold the White House.

www.nytimes.com...

It's Bush's fault, It's cause I'm black, .........

Obama was elected to the highest position in the US twice by a majority of the population, and he was black the whole time. So no, Mr. President, I don't think anyone gives a rats ass what color you identify with....unless your actions bring that to light.

I believe Obama is one of the most racists individuals we have had in any public office in my lifetime. And that includes David Duke and Admiral Byrd. He continues to push towards separation of the races. He tries to undo decades of work done by leaders of people who strive for equality of all races.

Dr. Martin Luther King was so eloquent, and so right in his ideas. Unity for all, and look past color, look at the individual before passing judgement. But so many seek to erase that message he died to put forth. What is the reason? Why would we want to go back to that way of thinking? Why is it so important to separate instead of unite?

Mr. Obama, I won't be sorry to see you go. I only hope that you go quietly, and disappear along with your message of ignorance.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Acceptable.

Thats how the world works.

How have you been victimized/marginalized?

Any time # gets hard, play the victim card.

Every 3rd Pity Party is 50% off!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Great post. But you know that he won't go quietly.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Dr. MLK also preached in a time when people with almost any colour was discriminated against, especially black people, who couldn't even eat in the same building as a white person.
Obama lives in a post MLK era, and racism is STILL quite evident, it's not his fault he was born black, his colour didn't vote him in, but the speculation still stands people who didn't vote for him, I can bet a big chunk didn't do so because of the colour of his skin.
edit on 21-12-2015 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
That is the perfect defense for the rest of his life. Don't mind all the bad policy he has created. Just focus on poor Barry's plight because he is black.

OP makes a good point though, he did get elected TWICE. So his comment is kind of moot.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

How many voted because he was black?

Both ends of the spectrum no?

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I don't think he's that far off in Trump. Trump is capitalizing on hot button issues. Much like Obama did with his Santa Claus approach to getting himself elected.

Nice to see he can so casually dismiss his detractors as racist, though. Surely it can't be because they have policy problem with him. Can only be race. Because he obviously can't be wrong about policy.

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

They don't mind taking the day off to celebrate MLK, that's for sure. I agree though, obama botched King's message and he's damaged it to the point that I'm afraid we will never get back to the race relations we were at before obama was elected. He's also the whiniest victim race card playing sissy we've ever had in the White House. He's a damn disgrace, and might as well be an anti-American.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Dr. MLK also preached in a time when people with almost any colour was discriminated against, especially black people, who couldn't even eat in the same building as a white person.
Obama lives in a post MLK era, and racism is STILL quite evident, it's not his fault he was born black, his colour didn't vote him in, but the speculation still stands people who didn't vote for him, I can bet a big chunk didn't do so because of the colour of his skin.

Yeah, his color voted him in. There are videos all over the place where people were interviewed and asked who they were voting for and why. Most say obama because he's black and giving them free things. A lot were even asked what party he was and they didn't know, and they asked if the voter had a problem with Mitt Romney being obama's VP, they said not at all, they loved Romney. They thought he was the VP. That's how stupid most of the voters were.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I have to agree. Never in my life have I seen a real leader of any people point out and focus in on the disparities of his own people.

He points blame at Fox, he points blame at talk show hosts, he points blame regularly on white American men. I am not nor have I ever been racist...but his agenda seems driven by a desire to chase people into polar dispositions...to what end, I can only guess.

It's a pity, he really could of brokered a deeper bond between our people's collective cultures instead, he has offered division, shaming and civil unrest through relentless tactics designed in my opinion to inflame.

What president has ever had the audacity to pander so heavily for one side all the while making personal attacks on an opposing viewpoints spokesman. In his position he should remain above the fray of presidential politics keeping the calm level hand of unbiased reason, to keep his country together.

I will not miss this man in the least when he leaves office.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
We just lost momentum, (oh wait we did this 8yrs ago)

Never in my life have I seen a real leader of any people point out and focus in on the disparities of his own people.

Can we take back the Nobel prize already??????

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

So "a big chunk" of people who did NOT vote for him didn't because he's black. But "a big chunk" of people who DID vote for him, race wasn't a factor?

How's that work?

But you may well be right. Race may not have been a factor for those who voted for him. All the free stuff he promised probably was though.

None of which explains why he can pontificate that those who have a problem with him only have a problem with him because of his race and not because of his politics. The level of ego behind that kind of comment is mind boggling.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Of course all the hatred for Bush and all the blame he got from people like Obama, was clearly because he's white right? I mean, Obama is black (mixed), so of course he hatred Bush for his skin color. YEP!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

You're basing your argument over some videos you have viewed, I am guessing on the internet.

It's an easy google search, go look at the states that voted for Obama, and then go look up the highest concentration of African Americans by states, it's pretty much half and half, in fact a lot of states with the population of more than 30% AA voted for Romney in the last election!

Taking a simple random city poll does not give a real answer, it gives an answer you are looking for, fishing for it.

In any election there will be people voting purely on the most basic facts, for example here in Canada people voted Liberal purely because our PM is good looking.

The point I was trying to get across is that people voted against him purely because of the colour of his skin, not because of his policies, or something like that, just because he was black.
At least the people who voted for him voted because they didn't want some old white privileged war monger in there anymore. And racism was still very much alive before Obama got in, it was almost a statement that a lot of people wanted to throw out there, that it is possible for someone who is African American to become president.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Can't really say I disagree with him to be honest, there's a lot of closet racists in the world today and they're starting to find their voice ever since these #BLM and "non-PC" movements became a thing. #BLM brought out a few of the closet racists and now Trump is kicking it into high gear with his Mexican wall and denying Muslims access to America.

Yeah, Obama sucks, but no more than any of the presidents who came before him. The reason he's the most hated president has to do with his policies yeah, but I'd be willing to bet a lot of the hate comes from suppressed racism too. I'm white btw, just in case someone tries to say I'm defending him because I'm black.

In my opinion alll these racially charged events being blasted over the airwaves by the MSM recently have divided the country in half and has really brought a lot of people out of their racist closets. People won't say it's because he's black, but I would say that's a part of it at least.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well, truth be told, Obama is half Caucasian sooooo....do we only scorn the African American side? Which side would that be?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Not the first playing of the race card by Obama....but if im being honest, he is right. Its not like a majority....but there is a pretty decent swath of the nation that has a problem with his race.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

THis is correct, too. A fair amount of people both loved and hated him solely because of his skin color.

Such is the way humankind works. We tend to have various aversion and affinities, whether they be right or wrong.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Obama is half Caucasian sooooo

Well............ there IS that

"""I would think he would wish to be considered biracial or some other similar term of his choosing to honor and recognize both his parents’ heritage. Perhaps his reason is cultural, that a child should take the father’s name, race, etc. He should not be black culturally, he frequently mentions his mother who was white and how she and his grandmother struggled and sacrificed to raise him, and made him who he is today. His father who was African and black left he and his mother when Obama was very young, and by his own admission was not much of a factor in his life. His referring to himself as black seems to me to either ignore his white mother’s and grandmother’s contributions to his life and success at best, or disrespects his mother and grandmother at worst.""""

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You're looking at states' total population. The voting populace is much smaller.

Upwards of 95% of black votes went to Obama in both elections. An easy google search can show you this is true.

Edit: Obama only got 93% in 2012, but the point remains.
edit on 21-12-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join