It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DDoS Attack on ATS Happening Now

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Starting at least a couple days ago I have had problems. When I do a reply to someone, I type out what I want to say and when hitting the reply button, under the reply box, My page freezes. I have to hit the refresh button at the top of the page. After that reloads the page, My reply does show up...

That has been happening to me as well, though when I hit the refresh button, my reply still isn't there and I have to start all over again, but this has been happening for a while. It doesn't happen all the time, just once in a while. I thought the place was haunted or something!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Another strange thing that happened to me yesterday and only once before, I'll make a reply and need to edit, I edit my reply and hit post and it takes me pages away instead of the page where I made my reply. Weird!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hmmmm. That's odd for sure. Guess We ARE Haunted indeed! LOL!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
this attack is ongoing still it seems. i keep getting unresolves name pages.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Could you be more specific? We haven't seen any attacks for the past 12 hours.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Its the CIA man, they dont like us talking about how they are aiding and abetting ISIS with Saudi money!! its probably just anonymous. The good thing is, your back end infrastructure is now very well at mitigating any damage done. That means you guys have made a lot of progress securing this place.

Thanks guys, keep up the great work. If we were suffering an attack, I did not even notice.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I was playing a game and got spikes of 5000 in ping, so id say its the WWW

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: yuppa

Could you be more specific? We haven't seen any attacks for the past 12 hours.

SOrry did a ping and its on my end apparently. Google DNS is wonky sometimes. I need to see if i can get them to set the DNS back to default instead of using googles.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: Azureblue

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I really wish we knew why people feel the need to attack ATS...

Any Ideas ?

I just don't get it....

Apart from harvesting data on people on ATS, the only other likely explanation is that someone has published something TPTSNB do not want said are trying to delete it, ie the truth about something.

Suggest keeping and eye on threads and those that disappear.

What do you mean harvesting data? What are they gona get from ATS , an Email?...lol

You gotta explain that one to me..

Respectfully.

As I understand it, there are people out there using technology to try and burgle websites like this and harvest personal data and log in details etc, for purpose of making money out of it one way or another.

I understand this is quite rife on the internet and I cant see why ATS would be exempt from such attacks.

Threads about this subject appear here from time to time.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Can you please inform me on how you have the ability to know who is attacking you specifically in a DDOS.

I know you own the site and have to be pretty tech knowledgeable. However do to the nature of a DDOS you shouldn't know jack squat about who is attacking you. Unless they state it specifically on some site.

Distributed denial of service involves computers that are infected with malware and can be controlled. If its hundreds or thousands of these computers then you really wont have a clue why or for what reason you are getting attacked all you will know is from what country and region most of the attacks come from not its source. Hence the reason why people still use DDOS its hard to trace.

I'm not saying you cant find the source or trace it some how, but if the person is smart enough to be able to use a DDOS I'm also pretty sure they are smart enough to use a proxy as well.

Given all the information i posted how is it you are able to find anything tangible and traceable that leads back to a creditable source.
edit on 21-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join