It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood's End - SYFY Original

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: Kandinsky

There were a few jabs in that show (yes, I watched it all)... the alien was to be viewed (by ACC) as Satan exactly to provoke the religious, particularly Christians, among us. He also took a stab at science (it will eventually destroy us) and the media (they lie and spin).

What I couldn't figure out was why Earth needed blowing up. Made no sense to me.

Why go through anything they did? Especially over such a long period? Why not just "plant" the hybrid children and rapture them?

The whole premise didn't make sense.... Unless it was a religious jab, as you and others said....

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well now no need to watch it now that I know how it ends.

With a bang.

Thanks for saving me 3 hours.

edit on 18-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

With a bang.

Ill save you from another one. In TITANIC the ship sinks.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

With a bang.

3 2hour segments, which means I saved you 6 hours or a week if you read the book written 70 years ago.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I watched the first one already.

Had the last two to watch

So 4, but still.

THANKS!

I was like BLAH about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The book's better.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
OP i really like the show also just began watching about a months ago.
edit on PMb2015Sat, 19 Dec 2015 17:34:14 -06003175 by Abort75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Good show for the subject matter SyFy is a pretty big network.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The book is better but the series has it's merits, of course there's holes to POKE in any plot.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Banging series, just started watching i am up to episode 3.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I watched about 3/4 of the first episode.

What. The. Hell.

Why did they mix up the story? Why did they change things around?! It was JAN that came back to Earth and was the last one, and he WASN'T a kid when the Overlords showed up.

Stormgren was the UN Secretary General...not some stupid American Midwest farmer! He was Norwegian or Scandinavian for crying out loud!!!!

The book was PERFECT, they didn't need to mess with the story at all! Why?! WHY?!

Why do producers and directors think they need to screw around with an already written story? How hard is it to just follow the damn book!?

*ahem -- smoothes suit wrinkles*

I'd rather re-read the book or listen to the audiobook than watch it, so I turned it off about 20 minutes from the end of the 1st episode.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Don't you know, MM...????? American directors think they are the center of the universe.... Of course they'd make the main character American as a result.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The first episode was good between the balance of S TABING the E YE to nail the GUT of the story and keeping it on pace for it to be a THRILL ride i could not have hoped for a better BEGINNING....and to think this is only the start...sigh.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: King Seesar

I concur the series is off to a promising start, syfy has been known to turn out a good show or two in it's time.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yup not to be nonspecific in terms of the F/D.. meaning again nonspecific to the plot i like the concept as a whole, the books do go a little more in depth to the over all plot of hence beginnings, i feel like i am in the plot of the movie TED to be honest with the above mentioned, but to be honest i suggest watching the series, not as good as the books so far but there's TIME.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DersonFed

Yea i mean if we are going to get picky the book is better then the series, but at least that got part of it right.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If I remember correctly , it wasn't the Overlords that looked like satan but vice versa. I think they mentioned they had been to earth throughout history and man attributed them to being the devil.

I also believe that the elevation of society to a utopia was to facilitate the growth of the new generation of human 2.0. As well as have some compassion to the ones who would be left behind.

Overall I think it was pretty decent for a syfy production despite the channels usual acting, special effects and script issues lol. There were actual points I felt some emotion from it.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
a reply to: yuppa

Kinda makes you wonder why they cleaned up the Earth if they were just going to blow it up anyway, eh?

This was so that the offspring during that time would evolve quicker or be more perfect. I am currently a third of the way through of my second viewing. The part where the lander dismantles the farmer's house is just amazing. This show reminds me of a Outer Limits episode where the aliens looked like demons but they disguised themselves and only one person could see what they really looked like.

That Outer Limits episode

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Just started watching. completed first episode and partly through the second.

I'm surprised I just heard of it as well, but for years I had avoided Syfy movies and shows as they were horribly done IMO .

This series and expanse on scyfy has surprised me , maybe they are changing their business model and actually putting some effort into making a scifi shows.

Will read the rest of the posts once I finish the series to avoid any spoilers.
edit on 05131America/ChicagoWed, 06 Jan 2016 23:05:22 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Just finished the mini series I must say I'm shocked that I liked it, since its a SyFy mini series.

I wish that they would just make mini series instead of these drawn out tv series that only the last 5 minutes of the show matter each week.

You are right it had a mix of just about everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join