It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood's End - SYFY Original

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Syfy series ‘Childhood’s End’ spawns awesome satanic alien

I have to say that I've been REALLY REALLY SURPRISED that no one on ATS has posted about this show yet. It is so full of stuff that makes ATS'ers salivate that I figured there'd be a couple of different threads from different angles by now.

Aliens
[attempted but failed] government cover-up
prophets
resistance
Demons
hybridized children

the list goes on....

What are your thoughts on the show?? I'm sure someone out there has watched it. Last part is tonight...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Started it last night but fell asleep. Watching both part in about 30 minutes.

I loved the book, and the BBC audio productions of the story were even better IMO.

Can't wait to see how they visualize the aliens or if they show the guy who snuck on the ship and is taken back to their home planet.

You know we don't talk about aliens anymore here silly, just Trump.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

That's what I was thinking.

Aliens and government cover-ups just aren't discussed.

Bickering and whining about the paradigm of partisan-politics however is at an all-time high.

Sounds like a decent show, I may have to give it a watch.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It is extremely blatant.

I remember reading the book in college. I also have a Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials, so my mental image of the Overlords was somewhat more insectile, less demonic, than what Sy-fy has chosen to portray.

Given the undercurrent of symbolism that is rampant in our media these days, this has been very hard for me to watch because I see all of the undertones and how the conspiracies are layered in.

That's not to say they haven't put it together well, but it's, honestly, a bit disturbing. I do remember the theme of Clarke's novel which is apocalyptic and a bit atheistic at the same time, blending human evolution with themes of religious end times and inherited memory, but I never thought this would disturb me to watch as much as it is.
edit on 16-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There are parts that are hokey...for sure. Watching it, I could imagine all the symbolism had to be driving some people nuts on here. I could even see people literally freeze framing it and pouring over background posters, images, word choices, etc...looking for clues or saying it is a premonition of what is coming.

So it threw me for a bit of a loop when Milo threw in a comment about the Corpus Hermeticum. That hit me rather unexpectedly and now I'm curious to see how or if they are going to bring that into the storyline. I'd have been less surprised if he had called me out by name....

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

My mother keeps telling me to watch it. you reminded me again. I will.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Meh

Conspiracies, Aliens, Gov Cover Ups, Alternate History. It is all going and has been going mainstream for quite a while now. Beyond that, whatever happens happens. I think ATS membership has muddled over just about anything, and found their peace or lack thereof with it. Those who are on the front lines and in the know of anything truly bad happening. I do not think they will come sit down and talk about a TV mini series about a book that has been around since the 50's.

The only thing I am truly missing from mainstream media are story lines about religious unification between various religions. Or stories about open, but at the same time hidden spiritual hierarchies, but maybe its just to early for that or an agenda of perpetuating atheism is in effect.

Thank you for reminding me of Hermetica, have not been thinking about that for a very long time, I remember liking the vibe of it, worth freshening up on that flow of knowledge.

Kind Regards
edit on 16-12-2015 by GamleGamle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the reminder. Someone mentioned it in another thread, but they didn't say how many parts or when it airs.

Looked it up. Monday-Wednesday = 6 hours. Now I have to go hunt it down online.

edit on 12/16/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Three nights. Tonight is the finale.

7 CST to 9 CST.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Im sorry but did jack black sue them yet for stealing Satan from the pick of destiny? Or from LEGEND? and it looks liek a FACE OFF CREATURE. If th e judges examined it they would send the creators home.

Sheesh. Yeah Space satan say they are here to help. uh huh. yeha help themselves to some tender young meat to eat and steal them from their parents to raise a new batch of cattle. Thie should had been titled"how to serve man"

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Go find a Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials. It's an old art book where the illustrators picked some older sci-fi novels and went to the authors and worked closely with them to try to get as accurate an idea as possible what their mental conceptions of the aliens in question were. Clarke's Overlords are in there and they look nothing like what Sy-fy's Overlords look like ... OK ... they both have wings and tails.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If i remember correctly the Overlords resembled a lizard/dragon/bug cross.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
Syfy series ‘Childhood’s End’ spawns awesome satanic alien

I have to say that I've been REALLY REALLY SURPRISED that no one on ATS has posted about this show yet. It is so full of stuff that makes ATS'ers salivate that I figured there'd be a couple of different threads from different angles by now.

Aliens
[attempted but failed] government cover-up
prophets
resistance
Demons
hybridized children

the list goes on....

What are your thoughts on the show?? I'm sure someone out there has watched it. Last part is tonight...

Without wanting to sound like a pretentious idiot then please read the book. The show is a modern day adaptation of a book written way back.

I have been a CT fan for about 20 years and trad this book about 2 years ago and honestly went WTF???

It reads like a "how to" for disclosure and could not believe that it does not have more mainstream appeal.

To give nothing away it is mind blowing for a story written many decades ago.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: ketsuko

If i remember correctly the Overlords resembled a lizard/dragon/bug cross.

Think Demons and I will gve no more away.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I've been enjoying it immensely! If one disregards the apparent Biblical apocalypse visuals it gives a good idea of what could go wrong with an alien visitation. I believe Stephen Hawking opined that if aliens ever came to Earth it would probably be a really bad thing!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I remember that I liked the book and found the premise intriguing, but I don't recall it provoking nearly the depth of emotion in my this miniseries version does. The book didn't seem nearly as blatant although I admit I haven't revisited it for a while. I may have to read it again when I finish with The Broken Eye.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

You aren't supposed to disregard them. They are central to the premise. I don't know how they will be handled in the miniseries, but the book explains it.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I remember that I liked the book and found the premise intriguing, but I don't recall it provoking nearly the depth of emotion in my this miniseries version does. The book didn't seem nearly as blatant although I admit I haven't revisited it for a while. I may have to read it again when I finish with The Broken Eye.

I have not watched the mini series and will most likley not bother as it has been adapted for modern tv.

I just know that when I read the book it really made me think that Arthur C Clarke either knew something or was very astute, kind of like when you read 1984 and look at how things panned out.

Clever or in the know either way it makes a lot of sense.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Im sorry but did jack black sue them yet for stealing Satan from the pick of destiny? Or from LEGEND? and it looks liek a FACE OFF CREATURE. If th e judges examined it they would send the creators home.

Sheesh. Yeah Space satan say they are here to help. uh huh. yeha help themselves to some tender young meat to eat and steal them from their parents to raise a new batch of cattle. Thie should had been titled"how to serve man"

I think this is where Giorgio Tsoukalos would jump in with his "demons and angels are really depictions of ancient aliens" spiel... From what I can tell, it's no coincidence that they used a traditional depiction of Satan based upon numerous sources.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It became clear in the very first episode that they took LIBERAL literary license with the Arthur C. Clarke version...

And given the proclivity of some ATS'ers to pick apart Hollywood's "clues" embedded in movies, I'm surprised at the lack of chatter.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join