It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spoiler free Star Wars reviews

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

It's its generational quality, I decide, ringing out my jacket and sitting down in the IMAX, the familiar gold Star Wars logo looming before me coaxing the beginnings of a childish grin on my face. Bond is iconic but dragged back out so frequently he should probably negotiate better hours and Star Trek is beloved but has been re-envisioned so many times fans are mostly dismayed beyond all hope. Star Wars however, has until now been treated a little more carefully and revisited less regularly, (although RIP now Disney has the rights, you'll be getting new content twice a Tatooine sunset).

No, it doesn't say anything profound about the human condition, but what did you want? A drama about a droid's unique and unsatisfying experience of consciousness? The story of two Jedi's love made toxic by telepathy? A complicated war of bureaucratic attrition among the Trade Federation? This is Star Wars as you enjoyed it as a child, before cynicism took hold, and as it should be.

That's all I needed to hear
edit on 16-12-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Well good,I'm glad to hear it hasn't drastically changed even though it is ovvvvvvvvvvvvverly hyped, starwars this starwars that, lego starwars, starwars battlefront..starwars before starwars was starwars the sequel, (obviously not real but hopefully you catch my drift) but ill probably wait to see it still when it comes out on dvd.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
cant wait for this movie tomorrow night!
My wife and I are going after our dinner. Booked reservations at a very quality restaurant for our wedding anniversary.
To my surprise when i mentioned star wars is coming out on the same day, i didn't get a fist or hammer thrown at my head.
But rather; "well we can go see the late show after dinner if you want"

...she must be cheating on me.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I've heard great things - can't wait now.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leprekon
... but ill probably wait to see it still when it comes out on dvd.

...While that's your right as a heathen blasphemer, waiting to see it until it comes out on DVD is likely to land you on every "Watch List" known to man, as well it should. /eyes Leprekon suspiciously...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Dude even if your missus is fat, ugly, smelly, bad tempered and has a massive contagious rash I'd still say she was a keeper.
U are a lucky man and u can tell your wife if it doesn't work out between you 2 I'm prepared to be her back up guy

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So far, the overwhelming opinion from those who've seen it, is that they pulled it off, and captured the magic again.

I can't wait. Even though (according to post screening reveals) my theories (and those of many others) seem to be right on the money, it won't spoil it for me being right. Some aren't even revealed in this movie (but are hinted at, it seems), but make sense.

We'll definitely be left waiting for the next installment at the end, but still a pretty satisfying conclusion.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This movie is on par with Empire (I know blasphemy!) its just that good, and like Empire its not perfect, far from it, but its the humour and how they capture that old magic again. I think its a testament to just how amazing this movie is that I found the new characters just as interesting as the legends of old.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin I haven't stopped thinking about since I left the cinema, which is the sign of a good film in my opinion. I could watch again today, but just can't handle the cinema.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
He he he going again at 6 tonight dressed in a stormtrooper onesy with a 28 year old with a 8 year olds mind.
Gonna be awesome I wish I could post pics later
I cried before I went to bed again

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Just a quick one who was the female storm trooper with the chrome helmet?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Just a quick one who was the female storm trooper with the chrome helmet?

Captain Phasma nothing about her in the EU that i know of she is basically a high ranking storm trooper and looks bad ass. She is played by Gwendoline Christie some chick in Game of Thrones

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Cheers matea reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

She wasn't very good though was she? all she did was at the first blaster pointed at her was let down the shields.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

She wasn't very good though was she? all she did was at the first blaster pointed at her was let down the shields.

But they did threaten to put her in a trash compacter

I think she was pretty cool but was one of the Characters who didn't get enough screen time, I think though that I would have been really pissed if they had spent time developing Phasma at the expense of any other character in the movie.

They should probably have had some random first order officer turn off the shield but then we would be bitching about how we saw even less of her than we did.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I give the movie a B+

For sure worth the money

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have seen it twice now and one thing I noticed the second time is when Rae had her vision of her being left on the planet as a child the voice talking to her sounded like Kylo Ren...in fact I think it was for sure his voice.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74starwars.wikia.com... have been using this site since watching the movie some handy information.
Funny even my parents want to go see it again. They loved it and normally hate watching films

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I'm leaning towards her being Han and leia's child and Luke doing a memory wipe or something to protect her location, Obi-wan style. Regardless, the force is strong with her

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

My only real problem with the movie is that its almost exactly set up like A New Hope.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join