It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish and Chips?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Personally the chips have to be done in beef dripping and the fish has not to be done in too thick a batter and also reasonably freshly done as who wants something sat in the window for the last 5 hours, now the thing that really makes it for me is mushy peas - you know the sort that probably glow in the dark from around a nuclear reactor

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

You forgot the most important detail. Chicken salt.

I used to live around the corner from the -best- fish'n'chip shop! I am saddened that the ones in this current town taste horrible. Naturally I eat them anyway! Like a good little Australian! But I miss my perfect fish'n'chips from days past. *woe*.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Im in California, and I love fish and chips. I hate messing with the deep fryer clean up and used oil though. We use cod. I always keep a bottle of malt vinegar on hand. (I also like lamb with mint sauce). Long john silvers is horrible. We used to frequent a place called H. Salt Esquire, and that place was pretty good, but it unfortunately closed. My moms ancestors were Bob and Mary Chilton that sail across from England on the Mayflower, so some of the English cuisine has been passed down through the generations. We also drink alot of tea. I do get PG tips and Yorkshire gold from England, but my favorite tea of all I buy direct from China. It is called Superfine Tan Yang Gong Fu Black tea. Very expensive, but so very wonderful too. Cheers!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No, not Tomato Sauce!!!!!

Soggy fried salty vinegary chips with door stop white bread with butter for a chip butty, and lightly crisped fish. Heaven!!

However, my favourite chip shop meal is steak and kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and gravy. Also with doorstop sliced white bread and a think layer of butter. No spread please! Butter only.

Gravy in itself on ships is a north/south dividing factor in the UK.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Fish chips and mushy peas or beef gravy smothered in salt and malt vinegar ... *mouth waters* I was practically raised on it

Fish patty too mmmmmm (slice of potato with cod in batter burger style)

Mushy peas, I used to eat them on sandwiches, so good!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Im in California, and I love fish and chips. I hate messing with the deep fryer clean up and used oil though. We use cod. I always keep a bottle of malt vinegar on hand. (I also like lamb with mint sauce). Long john silvers is horrible. We used to frequent a place called H. Salt Esquire, and that place was pretty good, but it unfortunately closed. My moms ancestors were Bob and Mary Chilton that sail across from England on the Mayflower, so some of the English cuisine has been passed down through the generations. We also drink alot of tea. I do get PG tips and Yorkshire gold from England, but my favorite tea of all I buy direct from China. It is called Superfine Tan Yang Gong Fu Black tea. Very expensive, but so very wonderful too. Cheers!

We have a H Salt Esquire Fish & Chips here in North Hollywood but their grease is filthy. You can smell their dirty grease driving by and you get a stomach ache after eating it.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
In my city,we have gourmet food trucks....one is fish and chips.
They serve the best coleslaw I have ever seen and 3 kinds of fries....1 is beet fries,2 is sweet potato fries and the other is regular and they all get served in one dish.
There is always a line of about 30 people so the wait sucks but its worth it.

I like the idea of 3 kinds of fries but it is not in my head as something that is a cold winter night staple to carb out to. Say your full then 20 minutes later hunting around the kitchen for something sweet and sinful.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You haven't had fish n chips until you try pickerel(walleye) caught from a pristine northern Canadian lake. Pan fried or beer battered with a lemon wedge, I'd eat it every day if I could!

Salt and vinegar on the chips.

edit on 16-12-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

originally posted by: visitedbythem

We have a H Salt Esquire Fish & Chips here in North Hollywood but their grease is filthy. You can smell their dirty grease driving by and you get a stomach ache after eating it.

This was 40 years ago and in nothern Ca. This place was tidy and clean. The food was good

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join