It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: Ted Cruz right that Middle East was Better Off with Hussein and Gaddaffi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Ben Swanns latest video on Cruz's comments that the middle east was more stable before the "war on terror". The numbers speak for themselves and are really sobering considering the issues in the middle east currently. In my view there should be a level of accountability from those countries that invaded the middle east trying to spread "freedom". Well worth the watch.
edit on 15-12-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

I thought the Donald duck was the first guy who said middle east was better off with Hussein and Gaddaffi?

Donald Trump says the world would be a BETTER place if Saddam and Gaddafi were still in power

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 15-12-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

I thought the Donald duck was the first guy who said middle east was better off with Hussein and Gaddaffi?

Donald Trump says the world would be a BETTER place if Saddam and Gaddafi were still in power

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Never seen that before.... Think maybe the other candidates are starting to take a leaf out old trumpys book. I posted it more for the statistics regarding terror attacks since 2004. But good catch

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I don't like Ted Cruz based on some of his political views, but I've been thinking along these lines for a while now. Definitely a good video. Look at how the suicide attacks have increased in Iraq by quite a lot.
edit on 15pmTue, 15 Dec 2015 19:45:14 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Did anyone ever think maybe Saddam wasn't just a huge d bag for the fun of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I don't like Ted Cruz based on some of his political views, but I've been thinking along these lines for a while now. Definitely a good video. Look at how the suicide attacks have increased in Iraq by quite a lot.

4,500% increase in terror attacks the Middle East since 2004 is no joke they royally screwed up. The whole war on terror has only caused more terror.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Where do you have that number from?

EDIT: Haven't watched the video yet, on my way to do so.
edit on 15-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Where do you have that number from?

EDIT: Haven't watched the video yet, on my way to do so.

In the video that was the percentage of total terrorist attack increase, I edited my post to reflect

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is really hard to predict. Saddam had Iranian backed rebels in the South, Kurds who had taken control in North, Turkey who crossed the border once a year to clear out the PKK, and groups like ISIS already in country looking for ways to cause trouble. Neither of Saddam's sons were fit to rule either meaning if Saddam died civil war was likely. It is likely Saddam would have fell in Arab Spring as well. The US invasion simply spread up the entire process.

Libya was doomed. Its disloyal Army was un trusted that Saddam did not give them gas so they could not launch a coup. And with his family enjoying massive wealth and the population poor and suffering 30% unemployment it was just a matter of time before a revolt broke out. A key to regimes that survived and did not survive the Arab Spring seems more based on economics. The worse the economy the more likely the regime would fall.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Libya had the best economy in Africa, the lowest birth mortality rate and they highest life expectancy under Gaddafi. It is a bit disingenuous to say Libya was doomed. The only thing to doom Libya was the west backing terrorists that killed their leader and turned Libya into a terrorist hub.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Better off, really, well duh!

As soon as the puppets declared "war on terror", "you are either with us or against us" BS and then invaded Iraq etc. I knew and have been telling anyone I could that this exact outcome would happen. And Im just a dumb arse from down under.

For FS Im sure that most on ATS could have done a better job geo politically than these cretins in power.

But we all know that this was their plan and still is.
De-stabilization, devision, destruction and the same old "someone must go", "theres a new boogey man in town", yada yada rhetoric, while they take over the oil, install their NWO new puppets and banking system etc. etc. all in the name of freedom and democracy of course.. blah blah..to unify the world..BS

W*****kers the lot of them.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The US has borrowed and spent 6 trillion dollars in Afghanistan and Iraq. That's a truly obscene amount of money.

If the US government was going to waste that kind of money, it could have picked a lot better projects. We could have colonies on both the Moon and Mars for that kind of cash.

$6,000,000,000,000

This is what a trillion dollars look like if you laid out stacks of $100 dollar bills on a standard American football field.

Now multiply that by 6 times!

-dex

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
This is really hard to predict. Saddam had Iranian backed rebels in the South, Kurds who had taken control in North, Turkey who crossed the border once a year to clear out the PKK, and groups like ISIS already in country looking for ways to cause trouble. Neither of Saddam's sons were fit to rule either meaning if Saddam died civil war was likely. It is likely Saddam would have fell in Arab Spring as well. The US invasion simply spread up the entire process.

Libya was doomed. Its disloyal Army was un trusted that Saddam did not give them gas so they could not launch a coup. And with his family enjoying massive wealth and the population poor and suffering 30% unemployment it was just a matter of time before a revolt broke out. A key to regimes that survived and did not survive the Arab Spring seems more based on economics. The worse the economy the more likely the regime would fall.

If they wernt doomed then they sure are now. Theres been a lot of presuming/crystal ball gazing (Their seers need lynching). If that was the case (I have my doubts knowing the PR machine), then they should have let them sort their own S**t out, perhaps supporting them diplomatically and financially from afar, rather than involving us and creating enemies with another perceived crusade vs jihadi never ending us vs them refugee creating, terrorist war.

"And with his family enjoying massive wealth and the population poor and suffering 30% unemployment"....

This sounds like the state that the US is close to and where little ol NZ and other countries eg Greece are headed. Maybe we should look at ourselves in the mirror a little more often and not going around preaching "freedom and democracy'' and taking the delusional geo political high road all the time.
Our politicians tend to have a myopic view of their own countries while focusing elsewhere..W****kers

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ngatikiwi

Text
Better off, really, well duh! 

As soon as the puppets declared "war on terror", "you are either with us or against us" BS and then invaded Iraq etc. I knew and have been telling anyone I could that this exact outcome would happen. And Im just a dumb arse from down under. 

You and I both mate. I even had people take the piss out of me. They were like "Wtf do you know ?". I told them that one day they will see.

I don't work with these people anymore unfortunately. I've never wanted to be an 'I told you so ' guy but in this instance...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I can agree with the Gaddaffi part. I would have to look past all the "propaganda" and whatnot in regards to Saddam. They seem to be polar opposites in regards to their citizens. Sorta.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ngatikiwi

Til I die, I will never forget how they treated the Dixie Chicks. I had family that hated me for speaking out against that invasion, was why I related to the treatment of the Dixie Chicks.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
a reply to: MrSpad

Libya had the best economy in Africa, the lowest birth mortality rate and they highest life expectancy under Gaddafi. It is a bit disingenuous to say Libya was doomed. The only thing to doom Libya was the west backing terrorists that killed their leader and turned Libya into a terrorist hub.

Libya has oil and had money that at first was used to help the people and stop the coup attempts but, later went to fund wars and insurrections and other Qaddafi crazy schemes. He also played the different tribes against each other to keep them from focusing on him. When the military tried to kill him in the 1990s he weakened it so much that is was pretty much useless. His personal forces were used to crush protests through out the 90s.

The starting protest in fact was over housing and corruption. Protests at this point were not usual and normally they would simply be crushed. However this time two factors came into play. The uprising in Egypt and Tunisia along with social media would turn a small local protest in a much larger one. Seeing two US backed regimes brought down no doubt gave the people the idea they would be able to do the same. And so it exploded. With Libyan military almost non existent the war became everyday people vs poorly trained mercs from surrounding African states. This made things even more bloody until the west stepped in. So Libya was doomed.

new topics

top topics

join