It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students practice calligraphy by writing "There is no god but Allah"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973
Just click over to any ATS thread about Christmas, Santa Claus or the 10 Commandments.

I think you will find the answer to your question rather quickly.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Rikku
am i missing something here? what is the problem?
i'm more suprised that caligraphy is taught in schools.

why would you be bothered that someone learned to write a popular muslim phrase?

How about they practice writing death to infidels that's another popular muslim phrase?

Why would they do that?

Do you have any basis for your statement or are you simply spouting generic rudeness and misinformed nonsense again my friend?

Don't delude yourself I am not your friend.

I disagree, I have many freinds and include you as one of them.

Care to answer the question my good buddy?

Uh huh, be right with you go have a seat.

Yep, still not answering the question then,

Go on give me one of those lame insults again.

I love it when when you do that.

It would be in your best interest to quit bullying me and get back on topic.

Not bullying simply asking you to justify your statement.

Your the one that issues with having your comments questioned?

Without bullying could you possibly back up your earlier post with additional comments please.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
am i missing something here? what is the problem?
i'm more suprised that caligraphy is taught in schools.

why would you be bothered that someone learned to write a popular muslim phrase?

How about they practice writing death to infidels that's another popular muslim phrase?

Why would they do that?

Do you have any basis for your statement or are you simply spouting generic rudeness and misinformed nonsense again my friend?

Don't delude yourself I am not your friend.

I disagree, I have many freinds and include you as one of them.

Care to answer the question my good buddy?

Uh huh, be right with you go have a seat.

Yep, still not answering the question then,

Go on give me one of those lame insults again.

I love it when when you do that.

It would be in your best interest to quit bullying me and get back on topic.

Then answer his question.

"Uh huh, let me pull up a seat."

"Uh huh"

Talk about pot calling the kettle black lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
They should write "Jesus is king"..
Now that will get a reaction.

YEAH! WHAT WOULD JEESUS WRITE! RIGHT? HE'S KING! But if he wanted to be a queen that'd be cool cause he could be like Bruce....I mean, Caitlin Jenner. He is LORD so he could be a she if he wanted. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: markosity1973
Just click over to any ATS thread about Christmas, Santa Claus or the 10 Commandments.

I think you will find the answer to your question rather quickly.

I know, that is why I raised that point. The world has gone bat# insane

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Why not address the problem of false reporting like they did in this case where they only give you the example of the Islamic text and not the others??? You are doing exactly what they want you to do. Argue of lies and half truths.
edit on 15-12-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Grimpachi

Just another Islam bashing thread. Nothing to see here. Seriously, a non story but the OP is doing his best to sensationalize it.

Next, they'll try to change algebra's name into "freedom math" & adopt Roman numerals for all calculations because "the Muslims snuck in their Arabic numerals! Creeping Sharia!"

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I'm pretty sure FOX would have been totally cool with "Jesus is the top ceiling cat or whatever".

People should be wary of this. It is fine to learn but these students were writing a statement of faith to a religion. Part of me wants to say it is no big deal but I know it isn't true.

It isn't indoctrination because the students didn't even know what it said. It is just a stupidly chosen phrase and not very acceptable.

As usual, liberals will ignore it and conservatives will buy more guns.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Ummm...I absolutely love the turn about is not fair play on display here...

It's wonderful to see all of the separation from church and state cheerleaders...advocating for religious text in school...
Makes me warm and fuzzy all under...

kindest regards...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
There is no God but Allah...

La illah ila Allah...

You see what is said twice in that...

It isn't "there is no God but Allah", it's "there is no Allah but Allah"...

And it's known as part of the Shahada...
Probably not the best decision the school made but as Calligraphy alone it is beautifully scribed.
If done correctly.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Here we go again.www.foxnews.com... Original Story here www.schillingshow.com...

If Allah only meant God why not just say there is "no God but God" (of yeah the Holy Bible says that. Or there is "no Allah but Allah"? could it be Allah is not god

Allah is the Arabic word for God. Thus Christians and other religious people who speak Arabic also pray to Allah because they actually say the word Allah as the word for God. In fact, Christians in the ME have been saying Allah in their prayers since before Islam started in the 7th century. Also.. The phrase is la illaha illallah .. there is no God but God.. or no Allah but Allah.. It most definitely doess not change into English to say there is no Allah but god.. Allah is used twice in the phrase. And Christians and other religions use the word Allah for their prayers as well. It is a statement of monotheism versus polytheism.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I think you have pretty much accurately defined the situation.

If the class had been informed about the meaning of the calligraphy I would be completely against it. I do think it was a poor choice for class either way, but I don't think there is any chance of religious indoctrination. I would say the same if it was a Christian phrase portrayed in that form.

I still would like to know who translated it and made it an issue.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Yes that would be a very clear double standard wouldn't it. Except some of us have repeatedly said that no religious messages should be in school already.

The thing is, since they also included other religious messages from various religions in with the Islamic one it's allowed. I don't think it should be, but that's the loophole. As long as you don't just promote one religion it's ok. I don't think they should include any, but with all the Religious folk around us atheist types can't seem to get all the religious fanatics from pushing their dogma everywhere.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Mod Note:

The personal bickering is over for now, I see. Good. Let's keep it that way.

Do NOT reply to this mod note.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

As long as you don't just promote one religion it's ok.

That is the general, everything is okay, attitude that supposedly Atheist, Pro-Islam, folks take when the it is a religious move by those supporting Islam.

Where does that laid back, it is okay, when it is an all inclusive religion exercise being originated by other religions?

Suddenly all tolerance goes right out the window . Everybody wants to riot. They want people fired, and schools shut down. It is so obvious that it is insulting.

edit on 15-12-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: window

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Grimpachi

Just another Islam bashing thread. Nothing to see here. Seriously, a non story but the OP is doing his best to sensationalize it.

Next, they'll try to change algebra's name into "freedom math" & adopt Roman numerals for all calculations because "the Muslims snuck in their Arabic numerals! Creeping Sharia!"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAN ALGEBRA!!!!!!!!!!!! Darn Multiculturalism at work!!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Wrong. I said I'm not ok with it. What I mean is it's allowed. That's the loophole. I already said NO RELIGIOUS TEXT should be allowed.

But as the rule goes as long as you include other religions also then it's allowed in a classroom. I don't like but that's the rule.

I thought I was perfectly clear about it. Stop trying to spin this. I'm not pro-islam or any other Religion for that matter.
edit on 15-12-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Ummm...I wasn't talking about you...you've been consistent throughout this thread and in your former stance as well...I applaud that actually...I too believe in the separation of church and state doctrine...

I just found it ironic that so many who usually clamor on the side of separation would be advocating for it's inclusion in school curricula...

YouSir

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join