It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL Los Angeles Schools Close Due to "Credible Terror Threat"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Stay safe people, hopefully this is just a empty threat.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Playing Russian Roulette with children's lives doesn't get it around these parts.

Nether does crying wolf, especially with kids.

All that results over time is a mood of complacency, then when the real threat comes, everyone goes, meh.

Look, people that plant bombs don't tell anyone, they just explode them. Sane with shootings, you know theres trouble when you hear the shots…

Everything else is political indoctrination, keeping the terror alive, to justify more war overseas.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: zenartist

I was thinking along the same lines. Hopefully we are both wrong.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: intrptr

So, I suppose you can offer your alternative solutions now?

Yah, try not to over react.

As far as getting the media to stop crying wolf all the time, you got me. I can only remain calm, even during a crisis. They whip the terror and anti muslim rhetoric into an inferno, shame on them.

SB is the only "Muslim" shooting this year, I think.

When I was younger I had a police scanner, even then bomb threats came in all the time from disgruntled employees hoaxers, people seeking vengeance for whatever, the news didn't pick up on it, ever.

Best not to get too many people too excited, unless they are promoting an agenda, you think?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm in Los Angeles...if I hear anything here on the ground I'll add to this thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
There was a good quote by someone of importance on the matter of the emerging new world order of security, it basically said the government wont have to impose this new police state, the people will demand it... we're gettin close.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I'd like to know if it was your garden-variety bomb threat (which never pans out to be a real threat), or was it someone warning that they knew someone who was planning a bomb - like a family member or friend of someone else. You would think they would go to the police instead of directly to the school, but...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yah, what better way to get to the population than calling up your parents and announcing your kids school is on emergency lockdown due to some unknown threat at this time?

How can you ignore that? How scary is that for everyone?

I means as opposed to a bomb threat at the public library or court house.

The people threatening the children are the hand wringers scaring the crap out of everyone by publiciy announcing some "potential" threat to the children.

I don't meant the perps behind such a cruel joke, I mean the authorities. They are responsible. They wouldn't tell you if you're in danger of Fukushima radiation or toxins in your water supply or food on the grocery shelf, they hide that s***.

Grrr…

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
IRA used to alert officials quite frequently when they carried out terrorist attacks. When the huge bomb went off in Manchester I was down thete. The call came when I was in the shopping mall saying thete was a bomb. They evacuated everyone. Then later the police found the van parked ar side of M and S and bomb squad started running and telling everyone to run it was going to blow. It was like the ground was coming apart when it blew. It was the largest bomb ever planted on mainland Britain. The damage stretched for a 2 mile radius but no one was killed. Sometimes the damage and threat is enough to terrorise it doesnt a have to involve loss of life.

Maybe They are having fun watching the terror without lifting a finger or maybe the threat has come from someone who has infiltrated them!a reply to: ghostrager

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't understand why people call in bomb 'threats'. Why do they warn people if mass damage and casualties are the goal.

I've never understood

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: angeldoll

Playing Russian Roulette with children's lives doesn't get it around these parts.

Nether does crying wolf, especially with kids.

All that results over time is a mood of complacency, then when the real threat comes, everyone goes, meh.

Look, people that plant bombs don't tell anyone, they just explode them. Sane with shootings, you know theres trouble when you hear the shots…

Everything else is political indoctrination, keeping the terror alive, to justify more war overseas.

I agree it might very well be a hoax and I surely hope it is. But it's too dangerous to play a guessing game right now. You certainly have no idea whether it's "political indoctrination" or not. No more than the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Get people just scared enough and they will welcome martial law door to door searches. Bye bye guns! For the greater good of course, can't have those guns falling into the hands of all the terrorists in this country right?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Kids playing in a sandbox is your analogy? Have you lost touch with reality? They are searching the schools today. It's what they need to do to protect their students and faculty. It's not a sandbox.

BS They're conditioning kids early to get used to a police state, where at any time they can be accosted by police for any reason.

Except most of the kids weren't at school yet so...not much "accosting" going on.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It appears that the email threat came from overseas. If that is the case, it's unlikely it was students pulling a prank to avoid final exams.

A law enforcement official says the threat that closed all schools in the vast Los Angeles Unified School District was emailed to a school board member and appeared to come from overseas.

townhall.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Anyone check to see if the DHS/FBI planes are over LA? That will tell you if it is credible.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Problem is anyone could do this at any time from anywhere in the world and literally bring our western societies to a standstill all at the click of a keyboard. Its a catch 23 situation if it is someone from overseas just trying to frighten then they will now be laughing at all the chaos they have created, lessons being missed, parents staying off work to be with children, cost of police and security. However, if authorities didnt act and something did happen they would be slaughtered!

One thing is for sure the terrorists are winning as they are encroaching on our free societies!a reply to: kaylaluv

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
)REDACTED)
edit on 12am31amf0000002015-12-15T10:48:34-06:001034 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That doesn't necessarily mean the threat really came from overseas. People use proxy servers all the time to change their ip address.

What's also interesting is that New York schools had a specific but "non-credible" threat.

Not sure if they're connected.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just LA? Or any surrounding districts?

I ask because I have many in laws near LA

My wife request I subscribe to this thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The new America, an open air prison, "on lockdown". Threat or no threat, they are running the same program they do in prisons.

We should let schools just be bombed hey.

That way we keep our freedom... even if it costs a few kids.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join