It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrop Grumman's 2015 Aerospace year in review promo video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Northrop Grumman released a promotional video touting it's aerospace achievements for the 2015, as usual featuring the voice of Christian Slater titled "No Boundaries".
While there isn't a whole lot earth shattering in the video, it does give a slightly different angle to the rendered T-X concept, a quad tilt rotor patent drawing and yes, has another shadow moving over the clouds sequence that seams to be a NG signature shot.

2015 was a transformative year for Aerospace Systems and Northrop Grumman - built on our amazing momentum in innovation, program breakthroughs, and the award of the most important contract in decades.

BTW, the scrolling test next to the flying images are just gibberish.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
That's more than a shadow, I can make out a complete aircraft there at 1:30 onwards. Pause it and look closely

originally posted by: Sammamishman
Northrop Grumman released a promotional video touting it's aerospace achievements for the 2015, as usual featuring the voice of Christian Slater titled "No Boundaries".
While there isn't a whole lot earth shattering in the video, it does give a slightly different angle to the rendered T-X concept, a quad tilt rotor patent drawing and yes, has another shadow moving over the clouds sequence that seams to be a NG signature shot.

2015 was a transformative year for Aerospace Systems and Northrop Grumman - built on our amazing momentum in innovation, program breakthroughs, and the award of the most important contract in decades.

BTW, the scrolling test next to the flying images are just gibberish.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I have always thought the "shadow" strongly suggests/hints at, visual stealth.

Edit; Listen carefully as the "shadow" appears just after Slater says the word moment. Is that whirring sound supposed to be a hint at something other than conventional propulsion? Sounds like an old 50s sci-fi saucer.
edit on 15-12-2015 by SonofaSkunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmick
That's more than a shadow, I can make out a complete aircraft there at 1:30 onwards. Pause it and look closely

I don't see anything of interest here, and you definitely can't make out a whole aircraft planform.

I think people over-analyse these ads too much, they're made to do exactly this: generate chatter on internet forums. Lets be honest, there are more than likely flying prototypes out there in the wild today. The best chance we have of finding out what the NG LRSB entry looks like is going to be from looking at the sky, not staring at CGI shadows on clouds, or from a formal press release.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gfad

Precisely.

The nose of the T-X was the most interesting bit of the video for me.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Oh well then, if you don't see it, then it must be true. Obviously only yours and sammamishman opinions count.
maybe the rest of us should not reply and just listen to you two

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: madmick

No-one else see this pareidolia?

WIthout

Outlined

If they're opened in a new tab you can see them in a higher resolution
edit on 15-12-2015 by madmick because: Added about extra res

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Meh, Northrup needs to hire a new add/marketing agency, their commercials blow.

It's a shame too, because Northrup builds some of the most cutting edge stuff out there and does have some impressive contracts. Too bad they can't talk about half of them. Hurts their public profile in my opinion.

Really guys hire a new pr/marketing team your current one sucks.

PS the add agency for the Jack N the Box and the old Energizer Bunny campaigns is available. It's perfect, they're called Secret Weapon, they are one zip code away from Northrup's Hawthorne Offices! It could be a good match up. "Northrup, our Bombers keep bombing, and bombing and bombing..."

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Oh well then, if you don't see it, then it must be true. Obviously only yours and sammamishman opinions count.

Yeah, you're right, I apologise. NG have decided to leak highly classified information on a black aircraft currently flying out of Groom whilst they're undergoing a legal appeal on the LRSB contract, just for the fun of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

This is an open forum, you are more than welcome to post a reply.

Having said that, I'm sorry but I just don't see what you are seeing, even after the outlined screen shot. That doesn't look like an aircraft shape to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Yeah that out line looks like a Moai head laying on its side or something. I don't see any airplane shapes.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Sorry dude but, I didn't see it either. And, even after the "outline," I don't see a super secret azzkickin bomber.

And, just an FYI, ever since I joined ATS, I have pretty much been glued to the Aircraft Projects forum. I have always found the "regulars," to be very open to new comments and ideas from everyone. I don't think anyone was trying to be snarky. Just stating their opinion just like you did.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonofaSkunk

Sorry dude but, I didn't see it either. And, even after the "outline," I don't see a super secret azzkickin bomber.

And, just an FYI, ever since I joined ATS, I have pretty much been glued to the Aircraft Projects forum. I have always found the "regulars," to be very open to new comments and ideas from everyone. I don't think anyone was trying to be snarky. Just stating their opinion just like you did.

Hi SOAS, thanks for the reply. But I don't think I said it was a secret asskickin bomber. I hinted at the shadow being an aircraft . And obviously, pareidolia on my part. Some people see a rat shaped rock on mars, others just see a rock.
And yes, they were being snarky. I have been on this planet quite a long time, and watched ATS for a VERY long time, and it depends what nerve you hit with the " regulars ". The beauty about ATS is, EVERYBODY is entitled to their opinion

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gfad

Yeah, you're right, I apologise. NG have decided to leak highly classified information on a black aircraft currently flying out of Groom whilst they're undergoing a legal appeal on the LRSB contract, just for the fun of it.

No, of course you are right, I said all of the above. NOT. I hinted at a shape of an aircraft. Not any secrets leaked, planforms revealed, or airfields flying from

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

This is an open forum, you are more than welcome to post a reply.

Having said that, I'm sorry but I just don't see what you are seeing, even after the outlined screen shot. That doesn't look like an aircraft shape to me.

Thanks for the reply Samm. It's fine you don't see it, as I said, everybody is entitled to an opinion. I did show it to another person, without bias from me, and they also saw it. Not that it means anything, just pareidoilia that I saw. ( well, me and them, anyway ! )
edit on 15-12-2015 by madmick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The ATS Aviation Forum can be snarky and clickish often times. I wouldn't feel bad. It could be worse. You could be me. I'm like anathema to most Aviation Forum posters. If there was a aviation forum party going on you can bet I'd be the guy outside knocking on the door going "guys?....it sounds like there's a party going on in there?....Can I come in?'' then some member would open the door a crack yell at the others in hushed voices to keep it down and then try and say with a strait face "uhhh....NO...Um, no party in here" Slams door laughing breaks out from inside. I'm not the only one who's expresses such sentiment.

But still here I am keep coming back. Supposed to have quit but you know, aviation addictions are hard to kick.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

They very well may have slipped a concept or future idea in. It wouldn't be the first time they've messed with people with a video. They're so fast you can't be sure what you're seeing and most of the time it's passed of as pareidoilia.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply Zaphod. I never stated once, that NG was slipping it's secrets out, as other members implied. They, as myself , are entitled to their opinion. But keep the snarky crap to themselves. Most people on this forum are very educated, and their OPINIONS, are valued.
Now, getting past all the PMT, ( sorry, am I being snarky !) I have NO proof, but it wouldn't surprise me if the big guys slipped a few things in now and again, just to see if we are all awake

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They very well may have slipped a concept or future idea in. It wouldn't be the first time they've messed with people with a video. They're so fast you can't be sure what you're seeing and most of the time it's passed of as pareidoilia.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It's my opinion that lockheed does that from time to time with their commercials and ads.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Easter Eggs,video makers fun time

top topics

<<   2 >>

join