It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Armed Robbers Attempt To Rob 2 Veterans At Gunpoint, Suspects Shot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It's pretty easy to access a gun in Canada legally. I just attended a gun trade show in Brandon Manitoba if you had the cash you could pay for a .50 cal long range rifle sling it over your back and walk out of there. Heck you can buy a sks in a box with 600bullets for 400-500$ go to the next booth and get 75round drum clip for it(illegal if it holds that many rounds in Canada it's pinned at 5) but there isn't anything stopping a guy from drilling that pin out.

My dad attended the show with me and he has his restricted and prohibited card. He picked up .25 caliber hand gun that's as small as a deck of cards for his collection. Couldn't take it home from the show but it came in the mail 5 days later.

It's not legal gun owners that are the problem. It's people who do what ever the hell they want with zero regard for others.

Here in Canada we cant carry around firearms like in the US but rest assured we have lots of guns and gun enthusiasts. Best of luck to anyone wanting to break into my place when I am home, they will need it.

I guess what I am saying is it's not avilablity of firearms that is the problem. Perhaps it's the mindset of the citizen and their personal beliefs.

a reply to: boncho

edit on 15-12-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2015 by Athetos because: Changed can to can't lol proof reading is my friend

edit on 15-12-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have a Beretta pistol that I bought in the 80's. I also have a Daisy replica Beretta pistol that is the same model. The Daisy was made before the laws concerning replicas came into effect. If I were to lay them side by side you couldn't tell the difference. If you were to pick them up, you couldn't tell the difference. If somebody pointed one of the Daisy replicas at me, I'm not going to go up and look at the slide for the Daisy logo, I'm going to consider it a real weapon until I know otherwise.

With that being said, I have seen where there are real weapons that are being disguised as replicas or toys.

In my opinion, if you are stupid enough to try to rob me with a toy or replica weapon you deserve to have your head blown off. As far as those who ask "Are your possessions worth someone's life? You are asking the wrong person that question. The person who is robbing me must feel that what i have is worth his life or else he wouldn't be trying to rob me.

There was another thread on ATS last week where a pizza store employee complied with the robbers demands and was shot and killed any way.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Well the men were a violent threat to the general public, I say emptying your mag into them after having assaulted you violently is justified and a public service. It just amazes me neither one died. Super villians I tell you! They work for the brotherhood of evil mutants.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Police say that second suspect had gotten away in a car with a third suspect and had stolen a handgun from one of the women’s purses.

i will let the implications of that quote sink in

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

And you both don't have FACs to acquire those guns?

My dad attended the show with me and he has his restricted and prohibited card.

Yeah, precisely.

It's not legal gun owners that are the problem. It's people who do what ever the hell they want with zero regard for others.

Actually its both. Easy access and limited restrictions and controls (being able to buy guns easily with no worry of how they are tracked) leads to guns being diverted criminally. So it's the thin line where legal gun owners turn into criminal sellers.

And they've done studies in the states where 25-50% of sellers at gun shows, using the 'gun show loophole' were willing to ignore legal obligations for sales of their firearms, that makes them criminally responsible for the sale if they were to follow through with it.

I agree the gun registry in Canada was a bad move, but they already have regulations in place to avoid gun show loopholes, or don't they?

"The purchase, transport and storage of firearms continues to be strictly controlled in Canada and these strict rules apply to gun shows. Our government has taken concrete action to strengthen our laws and to stop violent crime and illegal firearms."

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

People are very fast to say 'It's not legal gun owners you have to worry about' but how do you think criminals get guns? Buying weapons that were purchased legally and diverted. If the same tenets used in the drug war were applied to the firearms industry they'd be out doing undercover stings and making a case to turn every legal gun owner into a black market arms dealer with a very simple sting, which is obviously entrapment, not something Id like to see, but it speaks volumes of that overplayed talking point.

One example:

In a probe of illegal online firearm sales conducted by the City of New York, undercover investigators found that 62% of private gun sellers they interacted with were willing to sell guns to a buyer who said he could not pass a background check.

newsfeed.time.com...

Just to reiterate, the above where in this isolated case (yet similar results have been found in numerous studies) 62% of legal gun owners are willing to become black market, criminal arms dealers. Now think about that the next time you say "criminals don't care about gun laws and wont follow them anyway" because it's much more profound than you realize, it's exactly that, once someone diverts a gun into the black market they become a criminal, and many don't see guns in that light so they are willing to participate in grey market/black market trade without thinking much about it.
edit on 15-12-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

In OKC, OK. May of 2009, a pharmacist did just that Tenth, he received life in prison;

Having spent over 15yrs on the Force, I see both sides, but I lean towards the victim-

www.liveleak.com...

note to self- be sure to only load 4 rounds into your personal protection weapon /sarc....

It all goes back to training -

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Or, don't rob people, period. If you do, and you bring a weapon, it better be real and not altered to only appear real.

Real or not, the shooting of the robber was justified. What would you have had the victims do, wait until the robber fired to determine if the gun was real? At that point, it's too late.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I say emptying your mag into them after having assaulted you violently is justified and a public service.

Shooting someone while they are running away, opens you up to some serious legal hurdles. They had their back turned, running away, so you can't really say you saw them as a threat to your life. Now, a jury may side with you, secretly be glad you shot him and find you not guilty....They may also say it was murder and you spend a long time in jail.
Be safe. Shoot'em while they're facing you.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Well it was stated that they stole a real gun from one of the ladys purses. One could argue,

"considering the nature of the encounter that they would take this now real gun and repeated this offense unto another innocent victim. How could a good citizen knowingly allow an armed robber to get away with another gun to make someone else a victim?? It was this selfless thinking that gave the startled victim, clearly still in a state of shock the courage to remedy this threat by not allowing the violent criminal to get away with a dangerous piece of someone else's private property and actually take another human life the next day. "

hows that??? Will that sell in a courtroom??

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm glad they got shot and with each passing event like this, I hope it sends a message to all would be thieves. But since they're stupid as hell the message won't be received.

Fake or real gun, there's not time to ask "is your gun fake?" No, you fight back when you feel threatened.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join