It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Things More Likely To Kill You Than Islamic Terror

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
That's right folks, believe it or not, it's more likely to be struck by lightning, trampled or killed by a cow, even your own television; than the infamous boogeyman, the Islamist terrorist.

So, should we not go outside in fear of lightning or take that elevator to the second floor because it could malfunction. Should I tell my neighbor to get rid of his cows, should we ban televisions or fireworks even, because they cause death; of course not.

Anywho, here are ten things where the odds of it happening to you and causing death are far greater than being killed by the boogeyman.

Source

1. Television: TV might be linked to earlier deaths among those who watch more than a few hours a day, but more concretely, the devices themselves kill 176 people a year. Literally. They fall on people. That’s 55 times more deaths than Islamic terror claims annually.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Great herd mentality as in millions might die but then there is 7 billion so I'm safe by just the size of the herd.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Great herd mentality as in millions might die but then there is 7 billion so I'm safe by just the size of the herd.

It's in reference to the hysteria here in the states as of late. Just turn on the news, you'll see it too.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
It's in reference to the hysteria here in the states as of late. Just turn on the news, you'll see it too.

Lol ok I revise my numbers to 330 million, but yes it is all hype. 14 dead in CA and Chicago would say that's all? If people really cared they would watch their diet more than worry about being shot by anyone.

edit on 12-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
11. I'm more afraid of my GF and her .38 than any terrorist group; especially when she gets to drinkin.

12. I might even die laughing from some of the stupid #^*T I read on ATS; that's a greater possibility than some terrorist.
edit on 12-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Yes, you are about as likely to be killed by a TV as you are any so called "assault rifle" as well.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I can't because according to your article my TV is now more dangerous than a terrorist

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

All the situations in that list you can control:
1. Television? Don't sit around and watch it.
2. Fireworks? Don't light them or sit close to where the go off.
3. Cows? Don't go near them.
4. Elevators? Don't be lazy and take the stairs.
5. Choking? Chew your food properly and don't stuff your mouth.
6. Lightning? Don't go outside if a lightning storm is in the area or seek proper shelter.
7. Car accidents? Don't drive or be a passenger.
8. Heart Attacks? Eat right and if hereditary or congenital, see a cardiologist regularly.
9. Police? Obey the law and abide by what the police tell you to do, don't give them a reason.
10. Prescription Painkillers? Man up and take an aspirin.

These 10 situations you have a choice. You can also lessen the chance of dying from Islamic terror by avoiding Muslims, bigoted and xenophobic as that sounds.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Kinda like the flu, eh? Get a flu shot or die!
The CDC reports some 36,000 deaths per year due to flu. They also report some 150,000 deaths from doctor's errors and negligence. I suppose we just have to chose our own private fears.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Great !!

Let's continue to allow the radicals to keep killing people.

Excellent idea

The justifications lately are really getting weak and desperate.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Combining drinking and firearm use is no joke and illegal.

I hope you are responsible enough to call the police the next time your drink girlfriend starts playing with that little gun.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

You don't control bees though:
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

Bees and wasps have caused as many deaths in the UK as terrorism in the past decade, an independent watchdog has found.

In the Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation's annual report, published on Wednesday, it was revealed that, on average, bees and wasps are as big a killer in Britain as acts of terrorism.

...too many people wetting their pants about terrorism in the UK & US, but then I grew up in 70's and 80's IRA troubles, maybe puts all this Islamic terror stuff into context.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Smart people take precautions during lightening storms.

Smart people keep their distance from Bulls.

Smart people secure heavy objects or do not walk under them.

Smart people keep more proven terrorists from entering their country.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

7. Car accidents? Don't drive or be a passenger.

Yeah you can still end up in a car crash regardless of who's driving.

edit on 12-12-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: Grammatical

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm not trying to justify anything really. Just adding a different perspective on the frenzy revolving around the issue.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

I'm not trying to justify anything really. Just adding a different perspective on the frenzy revolving around the issue.
It was good you posted this thread because there really is way too much pants wetting about 'Islamic terrorists' on ATS these days.
It's pretty lame in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

I hope you are responsible enough to call the police the next time your drink girlfriend starts playing with that little gun.

Apparently not in Georgia and Ohio, which have passed laws allowing people to bring guns into bars. LOL

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Great !!

Let's continue to allow the radicals to keep killing people.

Excellent idea

The justifications lately are really getting weak and desperate.

Where in the op does it say anything about letting radicals kill people? Your Islamophobia is getting really bad maybe you need medical attention before you go "lone wolf" and firebomb a mosque.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Hey still can not be legally intoxicated or they are breaking the law.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Right....call the cops and let them shoot me and my dog.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join