It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only reply if you think you're a nice person

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'm a nice person but over the years I've learned to purposefully try to not be nice. Being nice has more than once resulted in me getting screwed. So now to balance that out I choose to not be so nice all the time.

Which is sort of a conundrum because in doing so makes me wonder if I'm nice or not now.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I don't like to be told what to do.

Have a great weekend. Uh oh, I just told you what to do. Maybe I shouldn't tease people so much.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm an apathetic and anxious person, so I can come off as rude. I try to be as nice as I possibly can, though.
edit on 12-12-2015 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: Spelling.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

actually i like the way you think in a way..... i would rather have it beat to a pulp and almost broken then just to show i care and am kind have it drawn and quartered

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
When I'm nice I'm very very nice, but catch me in a bad mood and I can be awful. Most of the time I try to be nice

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I am amazingly nice. Never a grumpy old curmudgeon, not me, no.

Totally honest, too.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis
Im nice.................but nice is relative. What one sees as nice others can deem as mean. It depends on your views of tough love also. Its kind of like I care but I don't care.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
My Year 5 teacher used to despise the word 'Nice' and encouraged us to use other adjectives.

People have called me a 'nice' person. But 'Nice' can come off as disingenuous if not coupled with substance and depth of feeling.

A doyle is nice. A elaborately embroidered cotton napkin is a piece of art.

I would rather be referred to as genuine, honest and reliable. Others actions towards me will not deviate me from natural actions I do without second thought. Having the forethought to think of others around you is not 'nice' it is a testament to your ability to engage with your higher brain and to ignore your own ego.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think I am a nice woman with a very gentle spirit and a kind heart....Probably too nice for my own good...But i am not a door mat and usually have an opinion that i like to share. However, I am also open and excited to hear differing opinions because I usually learn something. Different makes the world go round....

I am very empathetic and actually feel peoples pain....Meaning if a tragedy occurs and its on the news I experience the feelings of the loved ones....It used to be very overwhelming but i have learned how to experience "it" and not absorb it...

Did I pass the test Professor?!! Lol! I am now O Ding on myself

PAX

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis I understand your premise

Please change "nice" to "good" in my reply.

how do you like me now?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent

actually i like the way you think in a way..... i would rather have it beat to a pulp and almost broken then just to show i care and am kind have it drawn and quartered

Great minds think alike!
But to be fair, so do fools! *__-

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Great minds think alike!
however the fools do react if they look at situations blindly.
edit on 13-12-2015 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Great minds think alike!
however the fools do react if they look at situations blindly.

Believe me (never!), but if I had any choice in the matter, there would be no fool in me!
Thank Dog I don't have any (choices)! *__-

That is what looking at things philosophically means, that one is aware of many equally valid Perspectives of the matter, and is not emotionally/egoically pulled to run off half-cocked to go 'do something about it'!

<< 1  2   >>

join