It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only reply if you think you're a nice person

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Of course I'm nice...*goes on other threads and types in advocation of nuclear weapons to clean up the Middle East*

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Two of my kids just told me that I'm nice. The third child......who is now grounded, says "nope, meanest mom ever" I think I'm nice, most of the time. I do have sassy moments occasionally.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama
I had to chuckle. Great third child and who can blame them when her mom sends them to punishment for disagreeing

This is meant in good humor

edit on 11-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis
Well, I've been called an asshole, a dick, and a dick head and I kind of am. Then again, I'm nice to people who are nice to me. Does that count?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yeah, I just reread what I wrote. I should maybe clarify. He was grounded for his behavior earlier today. Not for saying I was the meanest mom ever, although such comments could extend the grounding. He earned his grounding by not doing his homework and lying about it. Naturally, he thinks I'm awful right now.

I still say I'm nice and I'm glad I caused the chuckle.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
This is a psychological assessment.

Don't be afraid to tell me what you think.

The only side effect when contributing is that I may judge you.

The only rule is, do what the thread title says.

You are a unique human being worthy of respect and love.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Well, I've been called an asshole, a dick, and a dick head and I kind of am. Then again, I'm nice to people who are nice to me. Does that count?

That depends, are those that you're nice to remind you of yourself? I have to ask considering the way you began your reply. Were any people right to call you out as such?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I consider myself a very nice person. I usually do more for others than I do for myself.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis I'm Nice at the core. Of course in contact with my fellow species or other creatures my demeanor may change accordingly

You know
or

But that's up to them.
edit on 11-12-2015 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I'm actually a really nice person, I just don't like other people and I don't say most of the mean things that I am thinking, so if I come across as an asshole to anyone, they need to ask themselves why that is
Posting for the judgement E, be gentle with me.

edit on 11-12-2015 by Sublimecraft because: spiced it up a bit. Thanks in large part to beer.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well, I used to be a nice person-now, I am old and cranky. Now I am an honest person.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert
a reply to: eisegesis I'm Nice at the core. Of course in contact with my fellow species or other creatures my demeanor may change accordingly

You know
or

But that's up to them.

The trick is, not one single person in this thread can label themselves nice. Actions of nice people must be observed and then supported in order to be validated.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Only reply if you think you're a nice person
This is a psychological assessment.)

THIS is a psychological assessment!
What vapid, one dimensional Ken dolls you seem to imagine people!
A person can qualify, in your judgmental imagination, as 'nice' one moment, and at that moment, he is a 'nice' person.
Another moment he will not be 'nice'. At THAT moment he is NOT a 'nice' person.

But, cutting through the crap;

If you see the world full of bastards;

"We do not see the world as it is, we see it as we are!"

And no, there is not a shred of 'nice' in this (what a disgusting term!), what you get is honesty!
Take it!
Take it! *__-

We are so vastly much more complicated and deep and broad than some idiotic 'smiley-face' of vapid 'nice'!

Is that the best that you can hope for from humanity?
'Niceness'?
Have you given up on Love completely and are shooting for the lowest common, and I mean 'common', denominator?

Done.
Of course, all 'nice' (all 'value') exists in the (vain judgmental) eye (thoughts/imagination) of the beholder!

Please don't get your panties all in a wad, there was much tongue in cheek, and I was smiling...
Shall we forgo the lynch mob for the night? *__- (that's a wink)

edit on 11-12-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I was nice once...then I turned two.

I WILL be a nice person when I grow up. Pinkyswear.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
After reading this thread, I realized I am a nice person.
mostly because everyone else who posted are a bunch of a---ho--s and so by comparison, I am a saint.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I strive to love people - everyone, even "enemies". That very frequently looks "nice" but not always. I suppose it depends upon your definition of nice and also perspective. Enabling isn't nice, for example... But someone struggling with addiction could see your refusal to enable their harmful behavior as downright mean.

I live by the golden rule. Since I appreciate being treated with kindness and respect (which could be a definition for nice, I suppose) I treat others with kindness and respect.

I'm far from perfect in my execution, but these are principles I live by...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Some of them are nothing like me. Some are completely different.
Yes, there was a reason I was called those things. It was something that I did for fun. It was either a prank or tormenting whoever it was, in a good natured way. I mean, they laughed when they said it.
For example, I had a co-worker who is terrified of clowns. I think it's silly so decided to tease him mercilessly. I drew clown pics for him and left them in his work truck. I also went as far as putting clown doll heads all over inside his car where he'd be sure to see them. I told him that I was trying to desensitize him to them, which is partly true. I also did it because I liked seeing him squirm. It was a joke and he laughed, despite calling me a dick head.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think I'm nice, but I know I'm curious.

This is a trap, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert

You know
or

But that's up to them.

The trick is, not one single person in this thread can label themselves nice. Actions of nice people must be observed and then supported in order to be validated.

I have just punched your avatar.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Tough. I'm replying because I'm an obstinate contrarian.

ETA....and I don't like to be told what to do.

edit on 12/12/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join