It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should ATS stop any thread that supports Trump and his message?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
Fact check: Donald Trump’s immigration plan

Republican Donald Trump’s immigration plan includes several statements that stray from the facts.

Trump’s plan implies that immigrants, living here both legally and illegally, are more likely to commit crimes than U.S. citizens. But the report does not say that. It makes no comparison of crimes committed by immigrants to crimes committed by U.S. citizens

Just to start you off..

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

But, but this is a Trump thread.

Technically ..yes. Not the usual one though.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Rah, rah - censorship.

NOT!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

Theres lots of time before election, the war chest for Trump is deep. People dream up stuff to keep him in the lime light, and the main scream obligingly takes the money to air it.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I can't agree with the title of this post.

This site is supposed to deny ignorance.

As soon as you try to ban political speech, you are embracing ignorance.

BTW I do not support Donald

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Sure. Let's ban ANY topic that ANY ATS member finds offensive.
That way ATS can become everyone's one stop source for the most adorable kitten videos on the Net.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If you ban threads that support Trump, or indeed anyone else you don't like, how are you supposed to find out what their supporters are thinking?

If you want to argue against someone or something you need to have the measure of the support for them / it in order to mount your case against.

I'm all for letting people speak up for themselves - sometimes it is a case of 'give them enough rope' but always it's better to let them represent themselves than just believe what others tell you about them.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Awesome! Fascism! Let's go for it!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Absolutely NOT!! Just because someone doesn't like what someone says you cannot just shut them up and off! We value Freedom of Speech in America! If you felt the need to make this thread in the first place, you should have addressed ONLY the American Members of ATS!! It is our candidate we are talking about and America's future with the Presidency!!

What anyone else has to say about it is MOOT and NONE of their business!

Sorry, but this pisses me off!!

Pax
edit on 12/11/2015 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Banning any subject matter is bad. While it is true that most white supremacists see a kindred spirit in Trump, they also aligned themselves with the Tea Party. ATS never banned threads about them. Painting with a broad brush is soooo hard not to do in some cases when it is repeatedly confirmed and even admitted to in many cases but, to punish all the non-bigoted Trumpkins is pretty lame.

Some people really do like him for his Biff Tannen personality and general trollishness and don't care one way or another if he's a racist boor.

What I do have concerns about, though, is the general reputation of ATS changing like it has been. It is starting to look like a mouthpiece for hate groups against minorities and LGBT folk. Not long ago, there was a good mix and these subjects could be discussed without the trolling one-line bombs hitting each thread like it was some obligation.

If there isn't a more proactive stance on the overall atmosphere of hate and bigotry, ATS will lose prospects. One by one, people will compare us to GLP or worse. There is no reason to lay aside civility and decor just because rudeness and disrespect now has a famous champion running for president. Peer pressure is getting the better of the members here and their true colors are showing.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This suggestion is indicative of the frustration and angst Liberals, establishment Republicans and members of the msm are feeling towards Trump. They can't destroy him...(it only makes him stronger)...so they'll just try to censor him wherever they can.
It's the progressive way.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Better yet we can setup a go fund me and treat it like a cuss jar. Every time someone puts the word Trump in a post they put a dollar in the go fund me.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
There is no reason to lay aside civility and decor just because rudeness and disrespect now has a famous champion running for president. Peer pressure is getting the better of the members here and their true colors are showing.

You do know Hillary is worst than Trump, she just says it all off camera....lol

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Okay. Lets vote...right now.

If you think this is a ridiculous idea...that sets a dangerous precedent of censorship...

QUOTE THIS POST!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If you think this is a GREAT idea for ATS to do...

QUOTE THIS POST!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Nope, I don't much care for censorship and I want to hear about the bat# crazy stuff he says.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Closed for staff review.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The sheer stupidity of the question proposed aside, we have political forums a plenty to have these discussions in though I'd hope they'd be better presented so as not to be so obvious in their intent.

Thread Closed...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join