It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Republicans Stance on Refugees is the Wrong Strategy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: stdscf12

Ha, ha, man, the strategy doesn't matter. Saw numbers the other day that in the last 5 years alone, 600,000 people from Muslim countries have come to the US on various types of visas, most, apparently on student visas.

Its a whole lot too late to lock the barn door now.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yes, yes. 600.000 in 5 years.. Wow.

Ask Germany in 5 years.
I predict 5.000.000 refugees up to then, if nothing dramatically changes in Syria et al.
And then ask us, if we have turned over to islam. My prediction? Well, we lived with 8% muslims for decades, and we didn't convert. We just have some Turkish diners (Dönerbude), some supermarkets, some tea/coffeeshops (aka "drug"stores) and some moschees.

We don't care about it, a lot. Its a living for everyone, and everyone just wants to live as peaceful and prosperous as possible. Idiots are running around, from every political direction and ideology. But they are not in any influencial position, so their protests and hate are a minor thing in the news.

Personally, I encountered many refugees and not a single one of them had the same kind of hate in him/herself like so many nazis do have.

Although those are usually just frightened and frustrated. And their only way to express their emotions is through rage and hate. Poor fellows!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Why do we even want to have an opposite to our values group within our nation? Seriously?

Why are our PTB destabilizing and destroying their modern nations and with Saudi/Israel's help, creating the rise in fanatical Islam in the first place?

Why not work instead for human rights, equality, and to create in their own countries, High UN standards for freedom, equality and protection from abuse of women and children and to work for freedom of religion and democracies.

Why would they be moving and relocating huge amounts of people around the world instead of sending a fraction of the cost in aid, to establish safe camps in their own country, ie Syria that is safe and government run for example, and then to rebuild after the world truly unites, instead of pretending to, and stops Isil?

No one did this after ww2. They were sent some monies to rebuild.

And why, this issue aside, do we need to change our own racial balance in our country?

And be labeled racist if we think we have a right to our own nation and way of life, without a race replacement?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
History certainly does repeat itself.

Now it is the Mexicans and Muslims before it was the Chinese and Irish. In a hundred years it will be some other group facing the irrational fear.

Define irrational

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
And the hypocrisy of the White House condemning Trump's statements while they pull off this:

www.wnd.com...
Obama blocks Iraqi nun from describing Christian persecution

edit on 11-12-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I don't want them coming here. We don't need anymore people in this country. We are not the dumping grounds for the poor of the world. If you look towards the future, we don't have jobs to offer them. Entry level jobs are going to be harder and harder to find.

Also please note that I would propose that we offer aid to them. Help them rebuild. Help them help themselves. Lets help them stay in their countries after the war.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This sort of reminds me of the Cuban Refugees that came to America back in the 80", people housed them in their own homes helped them, then we found out that 99% of them were criminals, example was a single women housed a Cuban and he killed her in her own home.

So yes I believe the current system to allow people in the US needs to be looked at, but in the mean time we should limit those coming in, its not racism or religious its to protect the American people until they can sort out the riff raff

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It is a national security issue. Whom should a candidate have more compassion for: the people of the country he says he wants to lead or foreign people? Nothing says you can't have compassion for both, but your first concern is to your people, the ones you lead.

Not to mention, Obama never had a responsibility to those people. They aren't his citizens. It would be different if we were talking about Iraqis whose country promptly fell apart when Obama pulled US forces out.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I still don't understand why we need to bring them over here?

Do we need to help the refugees? YES.

Is ISIS hiding within the refugees? YES.

Why can we not provide a safe area in a neighboring Muslim country, or even in Syria?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Let's bring in 100 million muslims in and give them all a house and a new car and a million dollars a year stipend. Let's also outlaw all pork products and make sure all women are covered head to toes in burqas. Don't forget Sharia Law nothing says love of God like stoning someone to death or throwing a homosexual off the roof of a building. You sissy's are taking baby steps, let's do the destruction of the country proper. If we all voluntarily turn our guns in to the government we can speed the caliphate process and make it easier for the muslim dominance.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

If you are so honestly worry about people, why don't you use all that energy to help people here in the US that are in need specially now during Christmas, you know homeless, the very poor, destitute elderly, is plenty of agency that will take a great Samaritan any day.

America is not the land of opportunity for everybody, is American citizens that do not get all those great opportunities that others have.

After our own needy citizens are on the feet then we can give to those that are not Americans our help, wait , I forget we do, we given money to plenty of countries in need.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join